News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Metroidvania (NES Castlevania Hack)

Started by Sephirous, May 23, 2017, 03:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidtheIdeaMan

I hope this mod gets finished so you & Optomon can work on more for CoA. :)

Morinis

At the end of the month I will ask Optomon on where CoA is at right  now.  I haven't asked him in about a month and a half so need to check up to see on what else needs to be done on my end to pass over to him :)
ROM Hacker, Reviewer and Critic.

Don't Know What Else To Say So... <3 You!

DavidtheIdeaMan

Hmmm,well alright then,I hope there isn't TOO much stuff left to when you ask him :) in the meantime I'll be waiting for THIS mod to be finished & ready,Im eager to play this mod,wonder who will do the music for it tho?

Morinis

Depends on what Optomon wants me to make outside of the bosses if anything else at that.

Not sure on all of the plans for the music though I do believe there will be a title theme.  Just have to cross that road once we are there.

DavidtheIdeaMan

Ah,I see,okay then.

Alright.

Also good luck with the rest of the things you have to do. :)

Sephirous

@Mind Flower

YES! I saw the Samus Ship you created in Space Complex. That would be perfect.
The prologue screen in Metroidvania has Samus walking across then stopping in front of her ship as to create the illusion of beaming up.

At first I misread your post thinking you had an entire Spaceship Stage created. Then I realized you meant the Ship.  :crazy:

I had tried to import the Metroid 2 Ship at one point but had no luck as drawing is not my specialty.

DavidtheIdeaMan

Huh,well I hope this project is doing well?

Sephirous

So, A story element has arisen.  ::)

For the prologue screen possibly:

After the events of the infamous "Zero Mission" Samus Aran
flies off Zebes in the hijacked Alien Pirate Ship only to look
back as she sees a wounded Ridley heading to the explosion site of
The Space Pirate Mothership....

Something like that, Just a thought so far.

DavidtheIdeaMan

Mindflower

Quote from: Sephirous on January 27, 2018, 11:41:28 AM
@Mind Flower

YES! I saw the Samus Ship you created in Space Complex. That would be perfect.
The prologue screen in Metroidvania has Samus walking across then stopping in front of her ship as to create the illusion of beaming up.

At first I misread your post thinking you had an entire Spaceship Stage created. Then I realized you meant the Ship.  :crazy:

I had tried to import the Metroid 2 Ship at one point but had no luck as drawing is not my specialty.

Hey Sephirous, you've got mail! ;]

Sephirous

Time for an update.

The new Title Screen is in.

DavidtheIdeaMan

Lovely! :D

Also I was worried that this game would be dead because I haven't heard any news on this or the other projects since last month?

Morinis

Quote from: DavidtheIdeaMan on February 09, 2018, 10:07:32 PM

Also I was worried that this game would be dead because I haven't heard any news on this or the other projects since last month?

Our stuff isn't dead.  We've all been busy doing stuff  :P

DavidtheIdeaMan

Well alright,I hope CoA is going well,haven't anything from that too XD

Morinis

When there is an actual update either Sephirous, Optomon and/or myself will post it up on the CoA thread :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

Oooooh,I see well then I hope it's around this month & I hope it's something big if either of you are going to post something. :)

Unless you guys don't take too long on who will decide who will post of the update? XD

Sephirous

As far as I know, Optomon has the Rom and is working on it when he has spare time.

I haven't worked on it since it was handed to Optomon because if I change anything on my end, Then it won't match on his end. So it's just a matter of waiting and looking forward to the master piece that will be completed in the end.

So until then, Metroidvania will be getting the most focus for now.  :thumbsup:

DavidtheIdeaMan

Hmmm I see.

Well at least I hope this game gets finished soon?

Morinis

Quote from: DavidtheIdeaMan on February 11, 2018, 06:42:44 PM
Hmmm I see,well maybe I should forget about CoA because it'll about another year for it be finished,who knows?

Well at least I hope this game gets finished soon?

Cadence of Agony.  Everyone wants it.  Everyone needs it.  We get harassed about it a lot.  People keep asking about it as we will go into broken record mode to say the same thing like how I'm going to do right now.  When there is an update for CoA either Sephirous, Optomon and/or myself will post it up in the CoA thread.

MetroidVania.  Its not going to be done soon.  We don't know when it will be done as we are enjoying and having fun working on it.  We're still working on level one while also seeing what can be squeezed in along with planning and working around stuff that we want to program in, like how I'm setting up stuff for the ropes in Legends NES.  Stuff like that.  Its going to be a while until this is done. 

When things are done is when things are done so in the meantime we'll post up progress and  ideas on what we are wanting to aim for.

You want to keep showing us support in our projects?  Show patience like how I had to learn on  here.  Critic on our stuff.  Critic hard.  We don't care even if you are an asshole about it.  We listen and read everything.  If we lose your support then good luck to you and to the next individual  you show support to as we'll keep moving on in our endeavors within our own projects.  We're not stopping nor halting our things for anyone no matter how long it takes us to complete these ROM hacks.

Ar8temis008

Quote from: Sinis on February 11, 2018, 08:14:24 PM

Cadence of Agony.  Everyone wants it.  Everyone needs it.  We get harassed about it a lot.  People keep asking about it as we will go into broken record mode to say the same thing like how I'm going to do right now.  When there is an update for CoA either Sephirous, Optomon and/or myself will post it up in the CoA thread.

MetroidVania.  Its not going to be done soon.  We don't know when it will be done as we are enjoying and having fun working on it.  We're still working on level one while also seeing what can be squeezed in along with planning and working around stuff that we want to program in, like how I'm setting up stuff for the ropes in Legends NES.  Stuff like that.  Its going to be a while until this is done. 

When things are done is when things are done so in the meantime we'll post up progress and  ideas on what we are wanting to aim for.

You want to keep showing us support in our projects?  Show patience like how I had to learn on  here.  Critic on our stuff.  Critic hard.  We don't care even if you are an asshole about it.  We listen and read everything.  If we lose your support then good luck to you and to the next individual  you show support to as we'll keep moving on in our endeavors within our own projects.  We're not stopping nor halting our things for anyone no matter how long it takes us to complete these ROM hacks.
A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.

-Shigeru Miyamoto