News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [Techinical][NES] Zoids - Battle of Central Continent (Chuuou Tairiku no Tatakai  (Read 7630 times)

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
Looking for a willing ROM hacker to insert the already English translated script, and perform necessary tasks to ensure all Japanese text appears in English, for Zoids - Chuuou Tairiku no Tatakai.

English translated script, notes, and some preliminary work including a title screen and English font insertion available here:
http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Zoids:_Chuuou_Tairiku_no_Tatakai

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 06:00:08 pm by filler »

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Re: Zoids - Battle of Central Continent
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:07:59 am »
Need a GFX guy to redo that old title screen into this!

FCandChill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 05:42:12 pm »
Considering I am making a utility for your for another game of yours ...I could do this job for you too. I just need pointers for the dialogue and DTE table ... if it has one...

Seeking willing romh acker to insert translated script.

Was this typo on purpose...?

filler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 06:47:49 pm »
Considering I am making a utility for your for another game of yours ...I could do this job for you too. I just need pointers for the dialogue and DTE table ... if it has one...
No dictionary compression in this one, though I do need someone to find the menu text... and probably the dialog pointers unless I can read up on that and get my head around it.

Was this typo on purpose...?
Yep. ;) It's an old in joke. Not sure if it's documented anywhere anymore.

Need a GFX guy to redo that old title screen into this!
That would look pretty cool! I like keeping title screens close to the originals for "historical" purposes myself though.

danke

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:51:26 pm »
Yep. ;) It's an old in joke. Not sure if it's documented anywhere anymore.

filler

• View Profile
Bump for lack of response.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
I was just looking at this since it's in my early Famicom list from 1987, and if the text is already translated it'd be fun to try. But I guess I'm looking at SWAT first, so it'll have to wait. :)

filler

• View Profile
I was just looking at this since it's in my early Famicom list from 1987, and if the text is already translated it'd be fun to try. But I guess I'm looking at SWAT first, so it'll have to wait. :)

Heh, one thing at a time. :) I just wanted to get it back on the front page and give the completed posts a chance to filter to the bottom.

filler

• View Profile
Psyklax has offered to look at this for the time being.

filler

• View Profile
Psyklax's work on this project has stalled for now, so I'm actively seeking someone to insert the English translated script for this game again.

filler

• View Profile
I'm getting some help with this from Danke, so this can be considered solved for now.

electrolyte

• View Profile
I played this game back in the day. I love this game! It was one of the first games I've owned and played on our Family Computer along with Konami Wai Wai World. Though I can't understand the texts it still brought me lots of fun. I sure do hope somebody can integrate the English script to a patch as I would love to play this again and understand the texts too.  :)

filler

• View Profile
I'm so glad to hear that this game has a fan. I've always thought it seemed like a really fun little game. I'm probably going to do a public playthrough of a work in progress script insertion to check the script translation, so keep an eye out for that on YouTube and hopefully the patch will be up before too long.

electrolyte

• View Profile
I'm so glad to hear that this game has a fan. I've always thought it seemed like a really fun little game. I'm probably going to do a public playthrough of a work in progress script insertion to check the script translation, so keep an eye out for that on YouTube and hopefully the patch will be up before too long.

Nice, will check your youtube channel man. :)

electrolyte

• View Profile
It's been a year and it's sad that nobody is still picking the project to integrate the English script. :(

rafaelguerrero

• View Profile
Well, I don't consider myself a fan of this game but I know the solution to your problem

June 23, 2021, 06:12:56 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
follow my steps to fix that problem:

0)you have to know this first before starting this trick it works with most japanese nes games there are 2 nes game that does not work in my case this trick are: aoki ookami to shiroki mejika genchou hishi, nobunaga no yabou bushou fuuun roku this trick I don't know if it works with games that load vocabulary

1) first download: mesen, fceux and golden finger everything is here in romhacking

2) open mesen look for the option to open rom choose the rom when you get to the part you want to translate press esc to pause the emulator and press ctrl and p to access ppuviwer you will see the game paused but the value of each character

3) open golden finger and choose the option to open rom and choose the rom and if you go to mesen and look for the value of the characters and open golden finger and choose the option to search and write the characters you got and give it to search and the most important part first before you change the sentence you have to learn that the translation does not exceed the amount of characters available in the game if the amount of characters in the translation is larger than the amount of characters in the game what you have to do are 2 things:

A) simplify the word

b) search for a similar word

4)after you write the word save your project and then open fceux and test the rom
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 06:12:56 pm by rafaelguerrero »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
I don't even follow that, but it sounds like a really roundabout way of doing things.

FCEUX already has a PPU Viewer.
And I don't know what Gold Finger is, but it sounds like a hex editor, of which FCEUX already has built-in as well.
Or is it some kind of PC cheat program, of which it is REALLY redundant to use on emulators that usually have cheat finders already built-in.

Or are you telling us how to machine translate stuff?
Because, I'll let you know the OP already knows Japanese.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

rafaelguerrero

• View Profile
I know obviously that fceux has a hexadimal viewer and editor but they are not as accurate as the mesen viewer and fceux's hexadimal editor creates an annoying .deb file