News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Metroid: Space Complex (Metroid 1 NES Hack WIP)

Started by Mindflower, May 08, 2017, 11:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cartridge_rom


Thanks for the current Mindflower data, Space Complex is one of Nes' most promising projects

and the contributions of Morinis sprite improvements to the project are gold :beer:

I encourage the Mindflower / Morinis team with the project :thumbsup:

greeting

lexluthermiester

Things are looking very nice. Amazing even. This is going to be almost a whole new game.

Googie

I'm loving the pics, this'll be a great hack when it's done. :thumbsup:

Mindflower

atm i'm playing through a lot of metroidvanias on steam. kind of the reason why i'm not that actively hacking, though i'm getting lots of inspiration in doing so, which is good in the long run. greets to y'all and stay safe!

StarWyvern

 This hack is super amazing. It looks like it's gonna be a whole new 'Rogue Dawn' type hack. Which I absolutely loved BTW. Keep it up. We could always use more Metroid games.  :thumbsup:
Insert "Witty Text" here.

Mindflower


Hello!

And this hot area is meant to be accompanied by this track i composed late summer.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/519241262029602826/697088037334548550/Leitton_2.0.mp3

I did break the long time hacking hiatus. Trying to organize my works more to make more progress. This actual quarantine situation is quite well suited for hacking, so i took the opportunity. Hope you're all doing great and stay healthy! Cheers

StarWyvern

 You stay safe and healthy too.  :thumbsup: And keep working on this amazing hack!  8)
Insert "Witty Text" here.

Ice Man

Theme fits well for the hot area. Keep it up!
Stay healthy, too! Can't wait to play it.

Googie

I gotta agree with Ice Man, I totally dig it! ;)

lexluthermiester

Quote from: Mindflower on April 07, 2020, 03:58:05 PM

Hello!

And this hot area is meant to be accompanied by this track i composed late summer.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/519241262029602826/697088037334548550/Leitton_2.0.mp3

I did break the long time hacking hiatus. Trying to organize my works more to make more progress. This actual quarantine situation is quite well suited for hacking, so i took the opportunity. Hope you're all doing great and stay healthy! Cheers
Very cool! It looks refined.

Mindflower

Thanks y'all and Happy Easter.
Sum impressions from my later tinkerings in Surface Level Area (Brinstar).

StarWyvern

 Happy Easter to you as well. This looks SO DOPE!!!!  :thumbsup:
Insert "Witty Text" here.

mdtauk

Quote from: Mindflower on April 12, 2020, 09:24:19 AM
Thanks y'all and Happy Easter.
Sum impressions from my later tinkerings in Surface Level Area (Brinstar).


Wondering if you have considered (or if it's even possible) to animate the colour palette as the transition from area to area happens.

I noticed going from blue to grey at one point, and I remembered that Super Metroid fades the scene out and in when moving through doors.

Mindflower

Quote from: mdtauk on April 12, 2020, 03:41:04 PM
Wondering if you have considered (or if it's even possible) to animate the colour palette as the transition from area to area happens.

I noticed going from blue to grey at one point, and I remembered that Super Metroid fades the scene out and in when moving through doors.
Hi mdtauk,
the palettes are hard-coded into the game and what i can do is load different palettes per screen, per additional assembly - but i cannot animate the transition itself.
i do admit it would go for a nice fx though!

mdtauk

Adding in ASM to swap out palette colours as the transition is happening - is probably a tall order, and could cause graphical glitches.


Mindflower

Hey y'all i felt it was finally time for a custom title screen. Recently i started in coop-mode with Sinis. This screen still needs tweak, polish, more stars, + x from my designing hand, but i have to say i already am quite pleased with the interim result. Will continue to work on it the next time through.

ifightdragons

Just fantastic, couldn't be more psyched for this one.

It doesn't feel like a hack, but more like a homebrew.

Ice Man

Looking good but the X from Complex looks kind of squished compared to the rest.
Also looks like a misformed H in my opinion. :P

alien nose job

wow, your screenshots look fantastic !

As for the Title screen I know it's not finished, but I don't understand what I'm looking at in the middle of the picture  :(
What's under the "P" ?
looks like a glass globe in blue, ok, but what's under the rock just below it then ?

The ship is well placed in the sun.