News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Zelda - Link's Awakening - Mirrored  (Read 422 times)

IcePenguin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Zelda - Link's Awakening - Mirrored
« on: February 06, 2019, 09:39:08 am »
Video:
https://youtu.be/3vwOlHTCiPE

Hello everyone!

This little project was inspired by the fellow that did the mirrored quest for Zelda 1 - Azeryn.  I quite enjoyed that idea, and having something similar for Link's Awakening would be really fun I think!

I thought about posting this in my other Link's Awakening topic, but decided to keep them separate - to keep from getting overwhelmed.   :-\  Speaking of, that hack will have much higher priority over this one, but I will work on this one in tiny bits here and there.  It'll probably take a long time to finish, but it should go smoothly.

With that said, if someone out there did want to help out, I certainly wouldn't refuse!  There are a lot screens in this game, sitting at about 800 or so!  :o  Not to mention the many cutscenes and special events that need to be mirrored.  It won't be too difficult, just very time consuming, ha ha.  If that interests anyone just send me a PM.  If not, that's okay, too. 

So my plan for this is to do a handful of screens at a time, probably on the weekends, and redoing the special events along the way.  I don't have much to show, but made a video to show off the beginning.  (above)

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: Zelda - Link's Awakening - Mirrored
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 06:13:09 pm »
Ha! It's like seeing a GameBoy version of Zelda: Legend of Link.
If this hack is a thing, then it would give me even more reason to make an addendum patch for Legend of Link to give it a new overworld. :P

IcePenguin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda - Link's Awakening - Mirrored
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 07:09:14 pm »
Heh, I suppose you are right!  I forgot that Legend of Link uses a mirrored version of the overworld from Link's Awakening.  Very cool!