News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: The Legend of Xanadu Dub Project - Auditions Wanted  (Read 11415 times)

SamIAm

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Xanadu Dub Project - Auditions Wanted
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 10:46:08 am »
There is only one week left before we close auditions. It's now or never!

We've had many great people give us submissions, and this is shaping up to be a great dub. In fact, we've had so many people try out that elmer and I are a bit overwhelmed. We've decided that although we will keep the May 19th deadline for initial submissions, we would like to keep working with people for another ten days or so after that time so that everyone has a chance to make revisions based on feedback. We hope to have casting decided by the start of June, and all principle recording done during that month.

Many thanks to everyone who has auditioned so far!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:46:40 am by SamIAm »

elmer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 02:16:49 am »
There are just about 24 hours left before we close auditions, if anyone needs that last-minute reminder.

We've had a fantastic response - there have been over 150 candidates submitting over 1000 individual character auditions since we started the casting-call. The talent we've seen is equally incredible, and this dub looks like it's really going to turn out nicely.

As SamIAm mentioned last week, we've decided that while we won't accept new candidates after tomorrow, we will continue to work with existing ones and accept updates until the end of the month. This way, everyone gets a chance to respond to feedback.

Anyway, it really, really is now or never. We haven't made up our minds about any of the casting yet - every part is still wide open.

Don't be shy if you want to audition, or if you know someone else that might be interested in being a part of gaming history.

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 02:00:38 pm »
I'm really sad I never got a chance to do this. My apartment is just too small and I can't really get my mic far enough away from our incredibly loud furnace. Regardless I wish you guys the best, and I hope this isn't your only redub project as I'd love to try to find a workaround for that one!

elmer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 10:16:50 am »
Huge thanks to everyone who volunteered to be a part of the dub, or who helped get someone else involved!

We had 40 candidates send in 330 auditions on the last day alone.

Now we're dealing with the unexpectedly-large task of sorting through the 195 candidates and their 1,500+ auditions in order to select the cast.

I have absolutely no idea how we managed to get this much attention, but we're incredibly grateful that so many talented individuals have applied.