News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Posting in the personal projects page ???  (Read 1216 times)

KirkyMonster

• View Profile
Posting in the personal projects page ???
« on: March 25, 2017, 02:20:19 am »
I would like to know if it's OK to use other contributions to supplement my own hack. I would gladly give credit but I can't contact the original author to the few different patches that I am using for my hack.

In my efforts to improve Snake's Revenge I came across several graphical patches, which saved me the work of doing the same changes to the title screen as well as the cinematic screens.

Along with this I have done several sprite edits as well as palette changes and added graphics to make Snake's Revenge look so much more like an official sequel or spin off to the franchise. I still have a few more changes to make, but I've played through the game almost completely and all of my changes so far have had no major graphical errors to speak of other than a bit of color on the edge of the screen which I hope to rectify still.

I'm really looking forward to adding a contribution to the site even if it's still a few weeks away but I really would like to know if it's OK to use other people's patches to enhance your own work if you credit them on the description page or do you have to edit text in the game for proper credit?

I'm probably putting too much thought into this but I'm eager to share what I've accomplished.

dACE

• View Profile
Re: Posting in the personal projects page ???
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:39:39 am »
As long as you give credit where credits are due - I see no problem.

What I would love to see though - are screenshots...

/dACE

rainponcho

• View Profile
Re: Posting in the personal projects page ???
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 09:54:02 am »
Here's example of hacks including other patches:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2744/
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,16476.0.html

It's okay. Give full, clear credit like mentioned above to be safe. :mrgreen: