News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 7742 times)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 11:20:39 am »
Don't forget The Firemen, only NTSC version in English is a beta cart with an early draft script.

It might be a different topic but I've seen Evan/badinsults, owner of SNES fansite SNES Central, argue it was perhaps a development prototype of the PAL version (before they bothered with the 50hz changes) than an intended US release.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

w1ck3d

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2017, 03:35:56 pm »
That's pretty much my theory as well, given that the unpolished script.

kikujade

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 02:35:07 pm »
The games I covered have either regional differences (Super Probotector), language options or there is no US-NTSC version of the game, like Super Bomberman 3.
It's no bad idea to provide extra information, but it was not in my interest to make you say "hell, I need to get the PAL version then!"
Instead, it's more like if you want to play the PAL version but you don't want that 50 FPS slowness, you can find those NTSC patches and apply them no matter how unskilled you are (despite needing to know how Lunar IPS works, but that's not hard is it?)

Thank you so much for your hard work!, now I will be able to play these PAL games on my Snes hardware using my SD2snes.

Question, how did you manage to hack so many games in one go?? is it a simple process?

Also, is there a chance of getting a patch like this for the remaining PAL games with advantages, or non existant is NTSC-U versions?, Examples:  Whirlo, Firemen, Parodius, Turbo Toons, Nightmare Busters, etc etc

March 20, 2017, 02:36:44 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Hi
I've also made some simple NTSC patches for SNES PAL Games (No-Intro set):
Firemen, The (Europe) (En,Fr,De).ips
Illusion of Time (France).ips
Secret of Evermore (France).ips
SimCity (France).ips
Smash Tennis (Europe).ips
Soul Blazer (France).ips
Terranigma (France).ips
Val d'Isere Championship (France).ips

http://www.filedropper.com/bigboosnesntscpatches

Hi! thank you for sharing these patches as well. Do your patches have the music playing at the right speed, checksum fixed, etc etc?

***EDIT: the link doesn't work though =(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:43:39 pm by kikujade »

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 05:21:35 pm »
would this patch for actraiser (the 1st one) work with a translation patch? i'm not sure how well i could play in german.

GhostlyDark

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 05:36:44 pm »
would this patch for actraiser (the 1st one) work with a translation patch? i'm not sure how well i could play in german.

Yes it should.

Thank you so much for your hard work!, now I will be able to play these PAL games on my Snes hardware using my SD2snes.

Question, how did you manage to hack so many games in one go?? is it a simple process?

Also, is there a chance of getting a patch like this for the remaining PAL games with advantages, or non existant is NTSC-U versions?, Examples:  Whirlo, Firemen, Parodius, Turbo Toons, Nightmare Busters, etc etc

***EDIT: the link doesn't work though =(

It is very simple to change a ROM into NTSC.
I almost finished working on a complete list on how to convert almost any PAL ROM into NTSC, with specific patches for games that require their region lock to be removed. I'll also include information about how to create those NTSC patches yourself. I'll publish everything on my website very soon. And yes, I know, more often than not a real NTSC version should be prefered, but I did it anyway.

@random mod
Just having a question: Is it OK to make a post about this in Personal Projects? Because this is nothing that will be submitted to RHDN directly, since it covers multiple games and most people on RHDN do not seem to like NTSC patches whatsoever. Though it might be possible to make a utility based on this - an automatic NTSC patches of some sort. That could be submitted to RHDN.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:02:09 pm by GhostlyDark »

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 07:54:27 am »
Yes it should.

:/ as it turns out, romhacking.net is currently without any german > english translation patches for ActRaiser BUT hope is not lost. for GhostlyDark here has also included patches for the French and EU (which is english just like the US version) versions as well so us english gamers can use that version instead. :)

ty for that.