News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Conker's High Rule Tail  (Read 16604 times)

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: sd2snes compatiblity?
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 11:54:39 am »
hello,
im using sd2snes firmware 1.7d and it works very well for until i open the first chest then the game hangs up, anyone got the same issue or know something i can do?
anyway the game looks real nice and i have to say thanks and respect for the good work, keep it on! 😊

I'm using SD2SNES with firmware 1.7D, I'll let you know if I encounter the same issue once I get a chance to play the game further than the intro (was only able to test it's functionality last night).

badinsults

• View Profile
    • Snes Central
Re: ROM Hacks: Conker's High Rule Tail
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 04:27:05 pm »
I just played through the first dungeon. What can I say, this hack is really impressive. The amount of work that must have gone is amazing.

Ballz

• party time excellent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 06:25:36 pm »
hello,
im using sd2snes firmware 1.7d and it works very well for until i open the first chest then the game hangs up, anyone got the same issue or know something i can do?
anyway the game looks real nice and i have to say thanks and respect for the good work, keep it on! 😊

I'm on 1.7d and had no issue with the treasure chest. Only noticeable issue I've seen so far is the audio on the Star Wars crawl is out of sync by about 5 seconds.  Everything else is going swimmingly.
Ballzysoft Industries: Making rom hacks about once every 20 years. This decade's release: EarthBound MSU-1 Hip Hop Journey

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 07:21:45 pm »
Just want to say, I tried this when it first came out a month or two ago and, despite the toilet humor (which is honestly a stylistic choice in this case, not my bag but whatev) it's really well done! I played up through
Spoiler:
the spencer mansion
and you really nailed the difficulty curve. That's honestly the most impressive thing for me; as pretty and in-depth as any hack can be (and it's certainly all of those things) difficulty is something that I find a lot of hackers have a very difficult time nailing. Bravo! If anyone's immediately put off by the humor I'd still urge them to give this a try; it's *really* well done.

It's what Conker would be if it weren't limited by censorship and copyright limitations. Toilet humor isn't 100% my bag either, but you have to remember that one of the most iconic moments of Bad Fur Day is a boss who is a giant pile of shit, who can himself defecate and attacks you with his own fresh turds. While singing about it. (Plus, any way you cut it, it's still more faithful to the source material than Young Conker.)

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 12:42:19 am »
It's what Conker would be if it weren't limited by censorship and copyright limitations. Toilet humor isn't 100% my bag either, but you have to remember that one of the most iconic moments of Bad Fur Day is a boss who is a giant pile of shit, who can himself defecate and attacks you with his own fresh turds. While singing about it. (Plus, any way you cut it, it's still more faithful to the source material than Young Conker.)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I understand that the humor is part-and-parcel for the property, and anyone who goes into this expecting anything else is setting themselves up for disappointment. My point is that even if some of the jokes aren't my thing and some of it rubs me the wrong way, the technical work that went into this is outstanding and the game really deserves to be played regardless.

qwertymodo

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 01:39:34 am »
I'm on 1.7d and had no issue with the treasure chest. Only noticeable issue I've seen so far is the audio on the Star Wars crawl is out of sync by about 5 seconds.  Everything else is going swimmingly.

If you mean that the voiceover is delayed a bit, that was intentional,  I synced it up so that the voice started reading a line approximately at the same time as the next line started displaying.  I tried syncing it to start reading at the same time the line was displayed, but sometimes he would get ahead, and would start reading things that weren't on the screen yet.  I felt this timing was the best compromise.

juef

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 06:39:00 am »
I've also had the issue with the treasure chest (both on a sd2snes and with snes9x+msu1), but that was with version 1.0 I believe. I'll try and see if I can reproduce it with 1.1.2 sometime today.

[Edit] Well it works on snes9x+msu1, so hopefully it'll be fine with my sd2snes as well. Thanks, looking forward to play it!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:26:15 am by juef »

UncleDolan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 06:59:16 am »
hello,

i set up evrything new and now i works on my sd2snes. maybe i used v.1.1 from 3 march or somthing, dont know. thanks alot its a fantastic hack 👍👍👍

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 07:40:37 am »
I will sure give this baby a try sometime. Just beat the original ALTTP, so I'm used to the controls  :crazy:
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
    • http://ff6hacking.com/
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 12:31:16 pm »
I played this wonderful hack about 2-3 months ago, though I'm not sure how now if it wasn't even released here yet... (stoner memory)
I love it very much, an amazing complete hack that is not overly difficult which I appreciate, and is right up my alley in terms of content and humor. I did get stuck though in one of those alternate dimension timed places, and rage-quit. But I think I'll keep at it here now that the hype has been rejuvenated.

Great work hack authors!

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2017, 01:05:15 pm »
Finally got the MSU pack using a different computer, love the soundtrack choices and the Bond opening.
Sleepy's Album of the week|| Nick Johnston - Remarkably Human || https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7W3JvZBJQ

Sam Atoms

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 05:21:09 pm »
I found an item for the 1.1.3 release.   :)  If you examine a sealed door in Level 4, it gives you a repeat of a message tile in Level 1.  The sealed door is right next to the curved doorway that leads to the room with the slingshot.

By the way, was it intentional to release the 1.1.2 version here on the same day as Breath of the Wild?  If so, very nice touch.

Ballz

• party time excellent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2017, 06:14:21 pm »
If you mean that the voiceover is delayed a bit, that was intentional,  I synced it up so that the voice started reading a line approximately at the same time as the next line started displaying.  I tried syncing it to start reading at the same time the line was displayed, but sometimes he would get ahead, and would start reading things that weren't on the screen yet.  I felt this timing was the best compromise.

In my case it seems more extreme than that.  Like, the scroll begins and it's silent.  Then a few seconds after the scroll the John Williams score kicks in.  Haven't had any other msu1 audio issues on this game (or any other title), and since no one else seems to have encountered it, I'm kind of scratching my head on this one.

In the grand scheme of things, of course, it has zero impact on the actual game play. Just an unusual issue on my end.
Ballzysoft Industries: Making rom hacks about once every 20 years. This decade's release: EarthBound MSU-1 Hip Hop Journey

Bjg92689

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2017, 11:16:54 pm »
Level IV seems to have a bug in the room one screen above the bottom left corner of the map. Even if you kill all the enemies besides the hand and try to push all the blocks in the room, the chest never spawns.

Erockbrox

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 11:27:22 pm »
Level IV seems to have a bug in the room one screen above the bottom left corner of the map. Even if you kill all the enemies besides the hand and try to push all the blocks in the room, the chest never spawns.

Could you post a screenshot?

Bjg92689

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 11:39:01 pm »

This one.

EDIT: Never Mind, I figured it out. Apparently block non-puzzles are too complicated for me when it's 1 AM.

==MOD EDIT==
Fixed image links.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:44:25 am by Bjg92689 »

Jigglysaint

• Corruptomancer
    • View Profile
    • Stuff Jigglysaint has done(like discover the Crocomire in MZM)
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2017, 03:49:53 pm »
It appears as if I'm stuck.  The only level left is the tower, but I can't go underwater, and apparently there is a desert, but I don't know how to find it.

Edit:  Never mind.  No sooner did I post that message than I discovered the two things i needed to do to fix all my problems.  Let's just say that good things come to those who flush.

Now I'm stuck in the block puzzle room.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:26:19 pm by Jigglysaint »

Seeeeph

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2017, 09:46:42 pm »
Thanks everyone! It seems even through the humor of this game isn't for everyone that at least more people seem to appreciate the work that went into it in comparison to Parallel Worlds when we released it ten years ago. Which seems a good thing.

Anyone who finished the game yet?

SC

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2017, 03:04:13 pm »
Can you upload the MSU pack somewhere else like MEGA? The current link just doesn't seem to work here... :'(
It just does nothing when I click on the "download anyway" button.

EDIT:
Nevermind, managed to download it somehow. Now it's time to try this piece of romhacking art. :woot!:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 04:34:01 am by SC »

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2017, 03:33:21 am »
So for everything appears to be going smoothly on SD2SNES with firmware 1.7D.  I'm in the area near dungeon 3.  So far I've seen some pretty impressive hacking here.  Once I get through the entire game I'll post a review. 

Congratulations again for reaching a full release, most people who haven't hacked a full scale conversion like this don't realize what a tremendous achievement it is to finally reach that ultimate goal!  :beer: