News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Langrisser III translation project - A New Hope?  (Read 2483 times)

CyberWarriorX

• View Profile
    • CyberWarriorX.com
Re: Langrisser III translation project - A New Hope?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 02:27:47 am »
Yeah I never did understand the changes made to the music for the psx and saturn remakes. Would love to be able to fix that. Probably would have to somehow hack in adx support for the saturn version to make it work.

dejan07

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 08:29:24 am »

BUT!  YOU!  CAN!  WIN!!!!

oH YAH  I DID IT ALRIGHT IT TOOK  A LOT OF PRESSES OF THE RESET BUTTON TO MASTER THE FIRST BATTLE..!!!!

You can easily win this battle with cavalry attacking only the generals. It is almost like cheating if you know that.

Would it be possible to simply insert the english text from the genesis version into the PC Engine version? Or would this require complicated hacking effort?

I have asked an expert for PC Engine CD games and he replied:
-- image removed because it contains a PM from a user on another site with no indication of permission given to share --
-- edit this post to put the acquired information as plain text, preferably not as a verbatim quote --

Which program to use for dumping genesis ROM scripts?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:41:12 am by MathOnNapkins »

elmer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 07:50:17 pm »
I have asked an expert for PC Engine CD games and he replied:

Hmmmmm ... you could have just asked me the same question here on romhacking.net, and I would have replied.

Publicly cross-posting a screenshot of a PRIVATE Message from another forum seems a bit ... not-overly-polite.

FYI, I gave you the simple non-programmer answer to your question.

As a programmer, CyberWarriorX presumably already knows that the typical hard-coded-assembly-language anything-goes-anywhere structure of PCE games would be a very different challenge to the C-code or resource-file-based organization of some of the later consoles (Saturn/PSX).

Now ... it's certainly possible that the PCE's Langrisser developers took a more C-like (easier to hack) approach to the storage of their string data, but that's a question that's way-beyond a simple generic question in a PM.

dejan07

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 08:22:02 am »
Sorry for the confusion i was at the other forum at the time. PM didn't contained sensitive information so i thought it is not a big deal to publish it but i could asked you beforehand.