News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

DSVEdit (DSVania Editor) (v1.12.0)

Started by LagoLunatic, February 25, 2017, 06:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aceearly1993

Splendid! Time to reduce DoS weapon special attack consumes by half since the original values always bug me a lot.
Quote"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

TSD4791

I was wondering is it was possible to add these features:

The ability to reset back to level 1 in order of ecclesia's new game plus, effectively lowering the experience back to 0

Pressing the select button would bring up the warp menu, but all warping would be disabled, this would make the map show up in the bottom screen like the gba games

4lorn

Been tinkering with this for a day or so, mostly to gauge possibilities regarding room editing for AoS with Tiled. However, I've noticed that on occasion, even after successfully creating and linking two rooms together, Soma will be placed below ground level. As a quick test, I edited the top right of the starting area, placing a room next to it, even making sure the ground was at the same level between rooms. Every time I enter the room, this happens:

But exiting the room presents no issues. Soma will adjust himself to the height, but still...

I'm using the 64-bit edition of DSVEdit 1.12.0 on Windows 10.

LagoLunatic

Quote from: 4lorn on November 01, 2021, 03:25:22 PM
Been tinkering with this for a day or so, mostly to gauge possibilities regarding room editing for AoS with Tiled. However, I've noticed that on occasion, even after successfully creating and linking two rooms together, Soma will be placed below ground level. As a quick test, I edited the top right of the starting area, placing a room next to it, even making sure the ground was at the same level between rooms. Every time I enter the room, this happens:

But exiting the room presents no issues. Soma will adjust himself to the height, but still...

I'm using the 64-bit edition of DSVEdit 1.12.0 on Windows 10.

Doesn't happen for me if the floors two rooms are actually aligned properly. Maybe the floors aren't level and you got confused by the tile of blank space at the top and bottom of rooms.

Normally you could adjust the height Soma enters the room at with the "Dest Y Offset" field of the door... but it seems like that field has no effect in AoS? Weird since it works in the other games, and "Dest X Offset" still works in AoS.

You'll just have to edit the room in Tiled again so the floors are aligned.

4lorn

Not confused. This is how it's set up:

Notice what happens when they're "aligned": Soma is placed below ground level when exiting the new room.

This is what happens when they're "misaligned":

Same error, but only when entering into the new room.

LagoLunatic

Quote from: 4lorn on November 01, 2021, 04:48:47 PM
Not confused. This is how it's set up:

Notice what happens when they're "aligned": Soma is placed below ground level when exiting the new room.

This is what happens when they're "misaligned":

Same error, but only when entering into the new room.

Well I'm at a loss, when I reproduce the situation in your first screenshot it works perfectly. I tried changing various other things like the door's Dest Y Offset and the layer's scroll mode but wasn't able to get the exact issue you describe.

If I reproduce the situation in your second screenshot I get the issue, as expected.

It must be something else in your project causing this to happen. Make an IPS patch of your hack and send it to me.

4lorn

You can download it from here. For reference, I created a new project and just added the room, nothing else.

LagoLunatic

Quote from: 4lorn on November 01, 2021, 05:51:34 PM
You can download it from here. For reference, I created a new project and just added the room, nothing else.

My mistake, seems it does happen for me - apparently no$gba displays the screen a frame slower than it should after a transition for some reason, so I couldn't see it happening as Soma automatically corrected to the right position before the screen appeared. On mGBA it happens.

I guess AoS just isn't coded to be able to handle left/right transitions that aren't vertically placed at the center of the screen. I believe all the ones in vanilla had 3 tiles both above and below them, which I guess isn't just a stylistic choice but a technical limitation.

4lorn

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Now that I know that, it's fixed :thumbs-up:

By the by, two quick questions if I may - does the game use hardcoded values for what constitutes a Chaotic Realm room? As in, would it be possible to place a new room somewhere close to the regular castle's rooms and declare it as part of the Chaotic Realm, inheriting specifics like only showing that room/area in the map (the rest of the castle map is not shown when traveling there)?

Also, is it possible to access and export/import the area names (ie., Study, Arena, etc.)?

LagoLunatic

Quote from: 4lorn on November 01, 2021, 07:25:55 PM
By the by, two quick questions if I may - does the game use hardcoded values for what constitutes a Chaotic Realm room? As in, would it be possible to place a new room somewhere close to the regular castle's rooms and declare it as part of the Chaotic Realm, inheriting specifics like only showing that room/area in the map (the rest of the castle map is not shown when traveling there)?

Rooms in the Chaotic realm can be placed anywhere and connected to any room. I don't think there's anything special about that sector besides the map being disabled.

Quote from: 4lorn on November 01, 2021, 07:25:55 PM
Also, is it possible to access and export/import the area names (ie., Study, Arena, etc.)?

I haven't documented those

4lorn

Thank you once again  :)

November 02, 2021, 01:22:03 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Quote from: LagoLunatic on November 01, 2021, 07:35:21 PM

Actually, I think I have another question, regarding events - can DSVania only operate with the events listed on the Entity creation tab? It lists events from 03 to 1F, although there are dozens more on the Text Editor. All attempts at producing a simple message by using one of the two empty events on the Text Editor, or even reproducing others beyond those on the 03-1F list, haven't really worked out. I understand that modifying anything outside the scope of dialogue in the actual event would require ASM... But, is it impossible to directly address those events declared on the Text Editor? Mina has a series of conditional dialogues that could be repurposed in theory, but seem to be unaddressable regardless of the value in the Entity tab, whereas Julius and Graham encounters can be called anywhere.

AlterL

hey Lago I wanted to know if there was a way to change the color of the characters screen in Portrait of Ruin (Top screens)from the usual Pink for Johnathan and blue for Charlotte to any other colors and how can I go about it? Also is there any way to change the attributes that are affected by drops (candies) in Order of Ecclesia? I wanted to make drops that affect Strike or Slash or maybe even a drop that affects all attributes.

StarWyvern

Lago, I noticed a post with v1.4 that has J Rom support for the DS titles. Is there one for the GBA titles as well?
Insert "Witty Text" here.

tavs7

Lago, do you have the pointers of the Julius' Skills in AoS? The Sprite and pallete pointers, I mean

Aceearly1993

Hello Lago, some more requests and questions.
1. I want to make my own variation of PoR Boss Rush which consists all the "true" boss fights in PoR but encountered following problem.
In PoR is there a way to lift Whip Memory out of his unique background? In my recent test there's no luck.

2. I know it's possible to restore DoS Julius' high jump as shown in the recent DoS Axe Armor hack, but the setups seems too complicated. Is it possible to individually adjust the related properties of Julius' high jump in the GUI of DSVania?
Also is it possible to adjust "slide force" in DoS? Can't seem to find such option in DSVania. Is the "slide force" even able to individually adjust by character at the first place?

3. Recently I found PoR Richter mode has Scout Armor automatically added in the equipment list, but normally it cannot be equipped due to extra modes cannot open equipment menu.
Is it possible to make that armor automatically equipped right at the start of Richter mode? Or add a function in DSVania to manually adjust the automatically equipped items by character like how it's possible to manually adjust all the items' attributes in the GUI of DSVania?

4. In PoR is it able to adjust enemies' damage increasing ratio/formula/whatever in hard mode level 1 cap?
I eventually know the reason makes level 1 cap so suffering was bacause the problematic damage increasing ratio/formula/whatever of enemies in level 1 cap, and I desperately want to change it to be more like the thing in OoE.

5. Is there a way to add more "pages" of PoR player Old Axe Armor's graphics? The reason is because I want to import the custom crouch slash animation from DoS Axe Armor hack to PoR, but such action was using wrong graphic index when loading the custom crouch slash animation in PoR side, and I believe it's because the PoR side only read one graphic page for Old Axe Armor player.

6. So that it's able to give resistance attributes to one specific accessory (resist stone, curse, etc.) Is it possible to also give resistance attributes to one specific weapon in a similar fashion?
Quote"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Gentlemaner

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Julius super jump force x2 hack

Raw:021FEB1C moveq r0,4000h,change it 021FEB1C moveq r0,8000h

rom hex:12B93C:01 09 A0 03,change it 12B93C:02 09 A0 03

File: Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (USA).nds

Gentlemaner

Hello! LagoLunatic!

0999 - Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow (U)

I find the Julius(player) Grand Cross Pointer RAW:

rom address:

252BF8:D0 2A 25 08
252C08:DC 2A 25 08

rom address 252ad0  and 252adc ,data is E0 C0,this is Grand Cross  X/Y coordinate.

I hope this data can help you!

artsypencil

Where are Order of Ecclesia's Icons and Glyph Symbols located? I want to change them.

Also, I added Vampire Killer to the game with hitboxes and everything, it looks just right.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/396f8601bfccd4e6620624c7fa0d525e/tumblr_obic2rWCit1vcb9ngo1_400.gifv

StarWyvern

Hey Lago. Where can I find the portraits for AOS? I remember working on them in the past but can't seem to find them in the latest DSV v1.12.
Insert "Witty Text" here.

tavs7

Hi Lago, there's a way to add also the Ability souls into the Item editor?