News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: DSVEdit (DSVania Editor) (v1.12.0)  (Read 229796 times)

sorrow

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.11.0)
« Reply #560 on: March 10, 2021, 09:03:14 pm »
Hi Lago, question.  Is there a way in DSVania to change what the starting equipment is for Harmony of Dissonance?

Or any of the games actually?

funny name

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.11.0)
« Reply #561 on: March 20, 2021, 10:49:04 pm »
Lago I need your help, I'm doing a project with Aria of Sorrow and the stats of:

1.- Balore
2.- Graham (the boss before Chaos)

Both don't change, it's impossible to change their attack, I've tried all I could but I simply can't.

Any way of fixing it?

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
Re: DSVEdit (DSVania Editor) (v1.11.1)
« Reply #562 on: April 01, 2021, 06:57:53 pm »
Version 1.11.1 released with various fixes.

Would it be possible to add a save editor to dsvania editor?

Not planning on it.

Hi Lago, question.  Is there a way in DSVania to change what the starting equipment is for Harmony of Dissonance?

Or any of the games actually?

Starting equipment is hardcoded. You'll need to edit the ASM code.

Lago I need your help, I'm doing a project with Aria of Sorrow and the stats of:

1.- Balore
2.- Graham (the boss before Chaos)

Both don't change, it's impossible to change their attack, I've tried all I could but I simply can't.

Any way of fixing it?

Some enemies (or in some cases, specific attacks of some enemies) use hardcoded damage values instead of using the ones in the enemy DNA editor. You'll need to edit the ASM code.

Pi-Man

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.8.1)
« Reply #563 on: April 06, 2021, 04:41:18 am »
I should probably at least list the filenames and palette pointers in the readme at some point.
Can you tell me the palette pointer for f_fchlt_w.dat (Charlotte's portrait in Dual Crush, Portrait of Ruin)?
Thanks.

Wisely

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 20, 2021, 08:28:53 pm »
Hi Lago, thanks a lot for the amazing tool and really love your work.
I have a quick question, in DoS how do you edit which areas of the map that are revealed at the start of the game and with each castle map items?

sorrow

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 29, 2021, 01:35:24 pm »
Hello All,

Quick question.  Is there a way, when viewing sprites in DSVania, to zoom in on the tile sheets to select parts of the tile sheet?

For example, I was trying to mess around with Harmony of Dissonance GBA Juste sprites, and try to select part of the tile sheet, but I kept getting errors on how the selected tile size was incorrect (i.e. not 8x8, 16x16, etc.).

Is there a way to select sections more precisely?  The section is SO small, lol.

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #566 on: May 21, 2021, 11:26:37 am »
Version 1.11.1 released with various fixes.

Not planning on it.

Starting equipment is hardcoded. You'll need to edit the ASM code.

Some enemies (or in some cases, specific attacks of some enemies) use hardcoded damage values instead of using the ones in the enemy DNA editor. You'll need to edit the ASM code.

Hardcoded issues can be bypassed by adding certain equipment to the starting area that can have stat changes in the item editor. I.E. replace starting equipment with editable equipment and drop right in front of player. Same bypass effective with bosses, instead of changing boss stats, adjust equipment used around boss area to reflect changes you want those bosses to have.
 Not a perfect solution, but a simple one that can be use by non-coders to get by.  :thumbsup:
Insert "Witty Text" here.

artsypencil

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 16, 2021, 12:04:42 pm »
It's a fantastic tool! Thank you LagoLunatic, you saint

Is it possible to change which animation state is cancelable by which animation state?

For example, making grounded standing attack swing be cancelable by jump; like how it's normally cancelable by backdash.

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #568 on: July 05, 2021, 01:02:07 pm »
 Yo Lago. Would you be willing to add support for DSV to recognize sprite changes made in YYCHR and TileMolestor? As of now DSV cannot find certain sprites added using these methods.
Insert "Witty Text" here.

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 05, 2021, 02:45:20 pm »
Yo Lago. Would you be willing to add support for DSV to recognize sprite changes made in YYCHR and TileMolestor? As of now DSV cannot find certain sprites added using these methods.

Why wouldn't it be able to recognize those sprite changes? You'll need to be more specific about exactly what you're editing where. You might simply be editing the wrong thing or something like that.

sorrow

• View Profile
« Reply #570 on: July 05, 2021, 08:37:33 pm »
Lago, it’s the rom that broken, that’s why the sprite won’t show up. I helped StarWyvwern fix the rom he was using.

Who ever did the sprite edits wasn’t careful and deleted some bytes from the Spritesheet.

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
« Reply #571 on: July 06, 2021, 11:50:21 pm »
Hello, Lago. More questions here. Is it possible to adjust the MP cost of individual weapon-specific special move (a.k.a. SP attack; e.g.. Alucard Sword's teleport→backstab thing, Death Scythe's skull attack, and others.) in current version of DSVania? I can't seem to find options of such.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 07, 2021, 09:04:54 am »
Hello, Lago. More questions here. Is it possible to adjust the MP cost of individual weapon-specific special move (a.k.a. SP attack; e.g.. Alucard Sword's teleport→backstab thing, Death Scythe's skull attack, and others.) in current version of DSVania? I can't seem to find options of such.

DSVEdit's GUI doesn't currently have that option. Though I do have the location of that data in my docs in case you wanted to edit it in a hex editor with the help of DSVEdit's Address Converter.

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 07, 2021, 09:13:29 am »
DSVEdit's GUI doesn't currently have that option. Though I do have the location of that data in my docs in case you wanted to edit it in a hex editor with the help of DSVEdit's Address Converter.

Okay... I'll check more info about them if I have some spare time. Many many thanks.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Boggalog

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 10, 2021, 05:13:22 am »
I was hoping to increase the difficulty of hard mode of Aria of Sorrow and maybe some other Castlevania games using DSVEdit. I've had a look through the editor but I haven't been able to find anything about hard mode. Is that possible and I'm missing something?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 05:54:08 am by Boggalog »

locusbelmont

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 12, 2021, 10:22:31 am »

My progres with the tool so far... thanks Lago... please add a 32x32 grid in the tileset editor

WingCloud8

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 18, 2021, 03:09:24 am »
Is it hardcoded with starting stats... HP, MP and Hearts and stats in the future?

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 24, 2021, 07:07:48 pm »
Hi there. A quick report about Hod Enemy data stuff.
LagoLunatic, in HoD Enemy data editor, enemy number 7D and afterwards are actually used in Maxim mode and Boss Rush mode for alternate enemy parameters against Maxim and Boss Rush mode player characters.

And I can't seem to find the locations in the doc you provided. could you pinpoint me about the exact address lists of weapon special attack MP costs or add weapon special attack MP cost adjustment a valid feature in the GUI?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 07:22:20 pm by Aceearly1993 »

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
Re: DSVEdit (DSVania Editor) (v1.12.0)
« Reply #578 on: August 29, 2021, 07:10:11 pm »
Version 1.12.0 released with a player editor for HoD, a super/critical/combo editor for DoS/PoR, many improvements to sprite editing, and bug fixes.

sorrow

• View Profile
Re: DSVEdit (DSVania Editor) (v1.12.0)
« Reply #579 on: August 29, 2021, 08:56:13 pm »
Awesome  :beer: