News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: DSVania Editor (v1.9.0)  (Read 143781 times)

the_E_y_Es

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.9.0)
« Reply #460 on: January 13, 2020, 04:58:50 pm »
I see. Thanks for the quick answer.

tavs7

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 29, 2020, 12:53:40 pm »
DSVEdit 1.9 is out! Now you can add brand new rooms to the game. It has several other new features and a ton of bug fixes too.

How to add a room to AoS?

And about the warp rooms: I could add a new point to a warp room on the map. I can go from a preexistent warp room to the new one, but I cant use the new one as a proper warp room
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 03:33:25 pm by tavs7 »

tavs7

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 08, 2020, 12:07:04 pm »
One more thing: I tried to browse a tiled path but it didn't works.

skull_emperor_

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 17, 2020, 04:48:00 pm »
Hey LagoLunatic, is there anyway to edit the portraits (for dialogues) in Aria of Sorrow or Harmony of Dissonance in your editor?
And how about editing the Soma portrait in pause menu in Aria of Sorrow?

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 23, 2020, 10:54:23 pm »
How to add a room to AoS?

And about the warp rooms: I could add a new point to a warp room on the map. I can go from a preexistent warp room to the new one, but I cant use the new one as a proper warp room

You need to add a warp point object to your new warp room, and also make sure the player has something to stand on at the proper height. Warp points are picky and will not allow Soma to use them if he is slightly too high or too low.

One more thing: I tried to browse a tiled path but it didn't works.

Fixed for the next version. Until then you can type the path to tiled.exe in directly and it should work.

Hey LagoLunatic, is there anyway to edit the portraits (for dialogues) in Aria of Sorrow or Harmony of Dissonance in your editor?
And how about editing the Soma portrait in pause menu in Aria of Sorrow?

The GFX editor would likely work on those. But you will need to find the GFX pointers and palette pointers for them yourself, I don't know where they are.

tavs7

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 26, 2020, 01:31:00 pm »
Lago, I created a new room on dsvania, put the height and on both layers of the new room and opened in tiled. I could put the tilesets, but once I import the into DSVania only the layer 0 load, the others two became all red. So I paste the tileset code of the layer 0 on the layers 1 and 2, but it gets all messy and teleport Soma to Chaotic Realm
EDIT: I solved this, in other way the warp room continues with messy tileset

Also I edit a room on the Study to transform it into a warp room. I could put the right collision tileset, but I really don't get how to change the tileset to the same as the warprooms

Other thing that I can't undo is this issue with the katanas sprite:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 02:42:24 pm by tavs7 »

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 30, 2020, 09:16:34 am »
Lago, I created a new room on dsvania, put the height and on both layers of the new room and opened in tiled. I could put the tilesets, but once I import the into DSVania only the layer 0 load, the others two became all red. So I paste the tileset code of the layer 0 on the layers 1 and 2, but it gets all messy and teleport Soma to Chaotic Realm
EDIT: I solved this, in other way the warp room continues with messy tileset

Also I edit a room on the Study to transform it into a warp room. I could put the right collision tileset, but I really don't get how to change the tileset to the same as the warprooms

Other thing that I can't undo is this issue with the katanas sprite:

For the tilesets being wrong, you're most likely not setting one of the tileset properties, you have to set them in the Room Props editor as well as the Layers editor. You get the values you should put by copy pasting from a room that already has the tileset you want. (There's also the "Select Tileset" button that automates things for you, but it only shows tilesets already in the sector you have selected, so it won't be useful for putting a warp room in a sector with no warp rooms already.)

No idea what the katana issue is, never seen it.

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #467 on: March 30, 2020, 08:25:56 pm »
 I am so glad I found this post! I have been working on some CV Hacks over at castlevaniamodding.boards.net and I didn't know any other way to get ahold of you.  :D

I first wanna say. Your CV Tool is FREAKING AMAZING!!! It's like the best thing to happen to Castlevania fans who want to change up things for their GBA and DS Castlevanias!  ;D

I wanted to talk to you about a couple of road blocks we are running into with the program. Mind you, I know you already have your hands full, and have experienced the drawbacks of complicated hacking myself. That said, I would like to request 3 new forms of support for this program. 1 - Circle of the Moon support, people are still modding this game but have to use ancient methods to do so. 2 - Japan Region Support, Hacks like ROTF, LUNATIC, and PHANTASM for HOD and AOS were made for the J rom only, so even swapping characters is challenging, and I used your tool to make CVHODNGP, but couldn't do it for ROTF. 3 - I noticed there are a couple of hacks that wn't load into DSVania, AOS Alter is one of them. Also certain SOMA player sprites could not be brought up in the program, like Alucard from AOS Dawn of Symphony. And changing the palette for one weapon, changes it for all weapons. I think you are AWESOME! and I hope that I am not asking too much. Let me know if anything changes.  :thumbsup:
Insert "Witty Text" here.

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 30, 2020, 08:51:42 pm »
1 - Circle of the Moon support, people are still modding this game but have to use ancient methods to do so.

Not possible, CotM uses a different engine by different developers from these 5 games. Someone would need to make a separate editor from scratch for it, which won't be me.

2 - Japan Region Support, Hacks like ROTF, LUNATIC, and PHANTASM for HOD and AOS were made for the J rom only, so even swapping characters is challenging, and I used your tool to make CVHODNGP, but couldn't do it for ROTF.

Although DSVEdit supports the JP versions of the DS games, it's pretty tedious to do that, and also increases the work it takes to add any future features even after the initial support is in, so I won't be adding support for any more alternate regions.

3 - I noticed there are a couple of hacks that wn't load into DSVania, AOS Alter is one of them. Also certain SOMA player sprites could not be brought up in the program, like Alucard from AOS Dawn of Symphony. And changing the palette for one weapon, changes it for all weapons.

I just took a look into why AoS Alter doesn't load in DSVEdit. It's because AoS Alter modifies some of the game's code, specifically hardcoded pointers to sector/room data DSVEdit needs to read. Because this was moved compared to the vanilla game, DSVEdit has no idea where to find the data it needs anymore.
There's no proper way to fix this. You could make a fork of DSVEdit, modifying its code to support AoS Alter if you wanted. But then your fork would be specific to AoS Alter, and it would have this same crash if you tried to open the vanilla game with it. So of course, I don't be doing that for the official version of DSVEdit.

I haven't looked into the sprite issues you mentioned but I assume they're probably similar things to the above issue and can't really be fixed.
Unfortunately, these games tend to hardcode tons of things, so I also had to hardcode the same things in DSVEdit itself to make it work, so hacks that change that hardcoding simply won't be compatible.

StarWyvwern

• View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #469 on: March 31, 2020, 10:32:45 pm »
I see... Well, thank you for your timely reply. As I said B4, it is still an AWESOME tool anyways, and thank you for making it. One more thing, Importing and exporting GFX in dark function, is this DS Specific? I can never get it to work for me, I have just been exporting all frames and editing them in Paint.net.

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 31, 2020, 10:39:23 pm »
I see... Well, thank you for your timely reply. As I said B4, it is still an AWESOME tool anyways, and thank you for making it. One more thing, Importing and exporting GFX in dark function, is this DS Specific? I can never get it to work for me, I have just been exporting all frames and editing them in Paint.net.

It's not DS specific, it should work with AoS as well.

darkFunction isn't for editing the GFX (image) data though, it's for editing animations and how sprites are pieced together out of multiple parts. So if you tried exporting to darkFunction, editing the png, and then importing, it wouldn't change anything. You need to use the GFX editor for that.

Also, the Soma player sprite in AoS can't be edited with darkFunction, that one sprite works differently from every other sprite. You can edit its GFX as normal with the GFX editor but not the animations.

StarWyvwern

• View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #471 on: March 31, 2020, 10:49:49 pm »
 Duly noted. I will keep this in mind for future reference. Thanks again man. Great work.  :thumbsup:

tavs7

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 04, 2020, 10:38:47 am »
(There's also the "Select Tileset" button that automates things for you, but it only shows tilesets already in the sector you have selected, so it won't be useful for putting a warp room in a sector with no warp rooms already.)

Thanks for answer. So there's no way to put the tileset of warprooms in a room of Study, right?!

And I was thinking something to let the souls like White Dragon and Golem less obsolete in the late game. It's possible to put 2 stats alterations in a same yellow soul? Like +2 INT & +1 CON?

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 04, 2020, 10:41:47 am »
Thanks for answer. So there's no way to put the tileset of warprooms in a room of Study, right?!

You can do that. You simply have to do it the manual way.

And I was thinking something to let the souls like White Dragon and Golem less obsolete in the late game. It's possible to put 2 stats alterations in a same yellow soul? Like +2 INT & +1 CON?

Not possible.

tavs7

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 04, 2020, 10:50:10 am »
Thanks!!!

Mead

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 10, 2020, 05:10:42 pm »

Aww man, I drew 4 frames for the idle animation (1 2 3 4...) but the game only loops through 3 (1 2 3 2...)

I wish there was some way to change the idle frames or logic, but there's just no documentation on how Soma's coded
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 06:23:13 pm by Mead »

locusbelmont

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 11, 2020, 10:53:14 am »
Hey trying to change Soma for PoR Jonathan I've start with the running animation but once imported the sprites the animation go crazy and render the sprites with no order I know that is not a mistake by me because I made this with tile molester before and this is the first time that happens
And I have no idea about how to use the new features for the rooms, how I suppose to change the size???

StarWyvwern

• View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #477 on: April 12, 2020, 09:34:44 am »
Hey trying to change Soma for PoR Jonathan I've start with the running animation but once imported the sprites the animation go crazy and render the sprites with no order I know that is not a mistake by me because I made this with tile molester before and this is the first time that happens
And I have no idea about how to use the new features for the rooms, how I suppose to change the size???

Export Soma sprites of normal AOS in DSVania from GFX editor in sprite editor tab 'Other' Soma player. Then do the same thing with your replaced sprites. A side by side comparison should show you what went wrong. Sprite resizing can be done in a simple program like paint.net.

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 12, 2020, 12:42:14 pm »
Can HUD tiles for AOS be viewed in the GFX editor. Or how to go about to change them?
CV ROM DiscordServer
https://discord.gg/PvFgxRg

locusbelmont

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 12, 2020, 01:31:39 pm »
The animator is going just good I just set the sprites wrong lol.
Btw I'm working in this hack for AoS using DSvania since a couple of months ago and I have some issues if someone wants to help a little, or get some inspiration for his own hack idk.
https://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/thread/265/aos-sotn?page=4