News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: DSVania Editor (v1.8.0)  (Read 60240 times)

MaverickZero

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.7.2)
« Reply #380 on: July 21, 2018, 09:22:50 am »
hey lunatic, i wanted to tell you about a bug in dsvania that most likely came with the last update.
When i export richters whip to darkfunction, it only exports two palettes of it, the rest is just not existent, and so making me unable to edit it.
only it's standard and white color is being exported, the blue, red and green one not if i'm right.
As always i'm grateful for your awesome work and you have made a lot of nice asm patches i can really recommend everyone here to check them out :beer:

feels

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.7.2)
« Reply #381 on: August 14, 2018, 10:20:10 am »
Just started using this program and I'm having issues with the magic seal editor. No matter what I do it won't allow me to add lines to the seal. I created more space using the Add Overlay option but when i try editing the seals it still says to create  more space to add lines. Do the seals take up too much space to add lines?

Edit: Fixed! Was placing the code to free up space in the wrong file
https://imgur.com/a/MSpMTOu
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 04:55:38 am by feels »

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.8.0)
« Reply #382 on: November 03, 2018, 05:14:40 pm »
DSVEdit 1.8 is out! The biggest new feature is the ability to edit AoS sprites and animations.
I'm not working on this editor super actively anymore but I'm still fixing and adding things occasionally, so this release has the stuff I've worked on over the past months.

feels

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 12, 2018, 03:45:01 am »
Just now discovered something with the character outline editing in DSvania editor(1.8). The patch says it fixed outline editing not working but I tested it and it seems to still not work(at least for Dawn of Sorrow). I think the issue in DoS is that Soma is the only character that has a different sprite or palette for his event actor. But he is also the only one whose event actor sprite is not listed in the sprite editor. This means that when Soma enters a room where there is an event (or when he is forced to pass through a closing boss door) his event sprite is loaded instead and stays until the game is reloaded.

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
« Reply #384 on: November 13, 2018, 12:14:59 am »
Hi I wanna share you some quick info about random bits and pieces.
Red Skeleton in OoE can be permanently destroyed by Dominus Glyph Union, while this effect is effect 28 in the editor. For some reason this effect has no description in the latest release.

Music 34 in OoE is Beginning - a leftover track from DoS while in the latest release it says Bloody Tears.

Area 0D in PoR actually serves as 2-player CO-OP mode arena, it's not some sort of Unused Boss Rush.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:49:11 am by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 13, 2018, 12:42:15 am »
Just now discovered something with the character outline editing in DSvania editor(1.8). The patch says it fixed outline editing not working but I tested it and it seems to still not work(at least for Dawn of Sorrow). I think the issue in DoS is that Soma is the only character that has a different sprite or palette for his event actor. But he is also the only one whose event actor sprite is not listed in the sprite editor. This means that when Soma enters a room where there is an event (or when he is forced to pass through a closing boss door) his event sprite is loaded instead and stays until the game is reloaded.

There is no Soma event actor, he uses the same palette in and out of events.
The fix for editing "outline color" in 1.8.0 was for the player editor, and it only applies to PoR and OoE. I haven't looked into how DoS outlines work.

Hi I wanna share you some quick info about Glyph attack status.
Red Skeleton in OoE can be permanently destroyed by Dominus Glyph Union, while this effect is effect 28 in the editor. For some reason this effect has no description in the latest release.

Thanks, didn't know about that.