News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: DSVania Editor (v1.7.2)  (Read 38146 times)

MaverickZero

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.6)
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2017, 02:43:43 pm »
A question about wind's quest's,
Master the holy power wants me to master the cross, holy water and bible. It it possible to make both Richter's and Jonathan's holy water count?
It's no problem if not, i can work around this, I'm just curious.
And can i add sprites?
I want to add Richter's straight down jumpkick, and maybe jumpkicks for Charlotte too.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:58:20 am by MaverickZero »

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2017, 12:57:24 pm »
A question about wind's quest's,
Master the holy power wants me to master the cross, holy water and bible. It it possible to make both Richter's and Jonathan's holy water count?
It's no problem if not, i can work around this, I'm just curious.

Not easily. The function that checks that is at 020415B0 if you want to try it.

And can i add sprites?
I want to add Richter's straight down jumpkick, and maybe jumpkicks for Charlotte too.
Thanks in advance.

Yes you can add new animations and frames with darkfunction.
But you can't add new GFX pages, so when using the GFX editor you'll need to add the new sprites in blank unused spots on the existing GFX pages.
If there's enough room for that, it'll be easy.
But if there's not enough room you'll need to get clever and break the sprite up into multiple pieces spread out over different blank spots. Then when using darkfunction you'll need to piece these together into one solid image.

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2017, 03:26:13 pm »
Thanks, I'll look what i can do.
Umm... I guess you noticed that i plan to make it a lot like harmony of despair, so is it possible to change the magus ring's effect to not have such a high mp restoration?
That the mp restoration is just as double high as the sage ring's
Effect, so it's not such a strong effect that makes tonics useless?
And if yes, can i also somehow remove the magus ring flag, so you can collect one at every playthrough like you were able in DoS?
Thanks in advance :)

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2017, 04:16:34 pm »
Thanks, I'll look what i can do.
Umm... I guess you noticed that i plan to make it a lot like harmony of despair, so is it possible to change the magus ring's effect to not have such a high mp restoration?
That the mp restoration is just as double high as the sage ring's
Effect, so it's not such a strong effect that makes tonics useless?
And if yes, can i also somehow remove the magus ring flag, so you can collect one at every playthrough like you were able in DoS?
Thanks in advance :)

If you want to make so many asm modifications, why not learn asm? All these things are possible, it's just a matter of reading through the code and finding where to make changes.
Here's a list of ARM asm instructions: http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0068b/CIHEDHIF.html

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2017, 05:08:29 pm »
Because i tried it already, but I'm too dumb for that, also I'm way better with hex.
So I'll just try it like i did it with the voice mute thing.
Somehow...
It may be annoying, but it's way easier for me like that.
If it's not working, I'm gonna try it once again with asm.
Sorry for bothering you all the time :-\
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:22:35 pm by MaverickZero »

SinWorld

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2017, 01:36:32 pm »
US DoS ROM has deleted voice clips. tried using JP ROM's sound file but no change because its; sounddata.DAT is exactly the same as the US'. Help please. Thank you.

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2017, 02:37:29 pm »
US DoS ROM has deleted voice clips. tried using JP ROM's sound file but no change because its; sounddata.DAT is exactly the same as the US'. Help please. Thank you.

The way they removed some of the japanese voices was not by deleting them from sounddata.dat. They changed the code to no longer play the sfx for them. In order to add them back you'd need to examine the asm code of the japanese version to locate all the different places they call a function to play a sound effect which don't exist in the US version, then write asm code to add each call back to the US versions.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2017, 03:08:11 am »
When creating new animations for an entity, such as an enemy, I'd need to add code for it to use the new animation, correct?

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2017, 03:48:43 am »
When creating new animations for an entity, such as an enemy, I'd need to add code for it to use the new animation, correct?

Correct. Generally when an entity switches state it calls a function to set its animation.

For PoR, here are the functions for setting the animation:
Code: [Select]
02010DD4 SetSpriteAnim
  ; r0 - Entity+78
  ; r1 - Anim index to set
  ; Stores the anim index to entity+7C.
02010DC4 SetSpriteAnimAndProperties
  ; r0 - Entity+78
  ; r1 - Anim index to set
  ; r2 - Anim properties bitfield
  ; Stores the properties bitfield to entity+80, then calls SetSpriteAnim.
0200E8A4 SetSpriteAnimSafe
  ; r0 - Entity
  ; r1 - Anim index to set
  ; Checks the entity's sprite to be sure r1 is a valid animation index for this sprite. If it's not valid, use anim 0 instead.
  ; Then calls SetSpriteAnim to set the anim.
0200E894 SetSpriteAnimAndPropertiesSafe
  ; r0 - Entity
  ; r1 - Anim index to set
  ; r2 - Anim properties bitfield
  ; Stores the properties bitfield to entity+80, then calls SetSpriteAnimSafe.

And the animation properties bits I know about are:
Code: [Select]
  01 - ?
  02 - Do not loop animation
  04 - Play animation in reverse
  08 - Do not animate, just freeze on whatever the current keyframe is

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2017, 10:50:20 am »
Two things:
First i thought about making the magus ring a hidden entity that only appears after all missions are completed so you can collect it once a playthrough, but i wasn't able to find a flag at your ram map maybe i missed it?
Please tell me if you found it.
And also i added a jumpkick sprite to Richter now, but he seems to be invisible, only his hitboxes are seen, how can i make the sprite visible?

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2017, 12:10:48 pm »
Two things:
First i thought about making the magus ring a hidden entity that only appears after all missions are completed so you can collect it once a playthrough, but i wasn't able to find a flag at your ram map maybe i missed it?
Please tell me if you found it.

Entity hiders don't let you check any flag in RAM. They only let you check the specific flags mentioned in the entity hider docs (boss death flag, misc flag, event flag, currently in middle of a boss fight, game mode). Whether the player has completed all quests isn't one of those so unfortunately you can't use entity hiders for this, though it was a good idea.

Only way to do it is asm, the code to spawn an all-quests-complete pickup needs to be modified so it doesn't check if you have any of the item already. The code that spawns an all-quests-complete pickup starts at 021DD95C. If you change the line that checks how many of the item you have to be "mov r0, 0" it will trick the code into thinking you have 0 of the item regardless of how many you actually have.

And also i added a jumpkick sprite to Richter now, but he seems to be invisible, only his hitboxes are seen, how can i make the sprite visible?

I dunno, I've never had that problem. When I add a new animation to Richter in darkfunction I can immediately use it as his jumpkick animation no problem. Does this gif help? (Not shown in gif: you need to add 2 hitboxes instead of 1 if you want the jumpkick to damage enemies.)

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 23, 2017, 02:59:33 pm »
I made it exactly the same way as you did, maybe it's because the sprite was added or so?
I'll send you my spritesheet next time if you want, and try it by yourself.
I also made it with 2 hitboxes as you said.

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2017, 03:44:00 pm »
I made it exactly the same way as you did, maybe it's because the sprite was added or so?
I'll send you my spritesheet next time if you want, and try it by yourself.
I also made it with 2 hitboxes as you said.

Okay, send the spritesheet and I'll take a look, also send the darkfunction files (.anim and .sprites)

DarkPrinceAlucard

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2017, 06:33:34 pm »
I'm currently having trouble editing collision and was wondering if you could help Lagolunatic, for some reason everytime I edit the tile collision within the editor for Aria of Sorrow it just crashes as soon as a hit the apply button, No error messages or nothing it just crashes and none of my changes are saved, any ideas on why its doing this?

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2017, 08:58:03 pm »
I'm currently having trouble editing collision and was wondering if you could help Lagolunatic, for some reason everytime I edit the tile collision within the editor for Aria of Sorrow it just crashes as soon as a hit the apply button, No error messages or nothing it just crashes and none of my changes are saved, any ideas on why its doing this?

I just noticed that recently myself, it's going to be fixed in 1.7.

DarkPrinceAlucard

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2017, 09:12:07 pm »
I just noticed that recently myself, it's going to be fixed in 1.7.

Ok great to hear, in the meantime I guess I will go back to my DS vania hacks for the time being, speaking of which I have 1 more question, I think you may have answered this before but I was wondering if there is a way to add a new room next to a existing one?

Like for instance at the beginning of Dawn of Sorrow there is a blockade there that once you remove it lets you go out of the map, I was wondering if it would be possible to put a new room there and if so how would you go about doing it?

I've tried importing it within Tiled and then resizing the map to give enough room to add but while it looks correctly in Tiled it then becomes a jumbled mess once I reimport it to DSvania so I'm guessing that is not the way to go?

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2017, 09:19:37 pm »
Ok great to hear, in the meantime I guess I will go back to my DS vania hacks for the time being, speaking of which I have 1 more question, I think you may have answered this before but I was wondering if there is a way to add a new room next to a existing one?

Like for instance at the beginning of Dawn of Sorrow there is a blockade there that once you remove it lets you go out of the map, I was wondering if it would be possible to put a new room there and if so how would you go about doing it?

I've tried importing it within Tiled and then resizing the map to give enough room to add but while it looks correctly in Tiled it then becomes a jumbled mess once I reimport it to DSvania so I'm guessing that is not the way to go?

To resize a room go to Edit -> Edit Layers in DSVEdit and change the width and height fields of each layer you want to resize.

You can't add new rooms currently. That might be a feature at some point in the future.

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2017, 10:37:29 am »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8igfuuazw8a5wsl/p_0s_ric.zip?dl=0

Here are the sprites, you may see the jump kick sprite under a backflip one.
OK WAIT!
I have it now i forgit to import the gfx, that's why he wasn't there.
My bad, sorry
Everyone can use the jumpkick how they want, have fun :)

November 24, 2017, 07:33:46 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Sorry lunatic, me again, i got Dracula x chronicles sprites from someone which look amazing, but now Richter gets fully invisible except for when turning around or being hit.
I imported gfx and dark function sprites/animations, i made everything in the video you showed me, but he isn't there...
Any clue what's happening?
But the sprites are visible in dsvania
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 11:30:10 am by MaverickZero »

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2017, 12:53:34 pm »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8igfuuazw8a5wsl/p_0s_ric.zip?dl=0

Here are the sprites, you may see the jump kick sprite under a backflip one.
OK WAIT!
I have it now i forgit to import the gfx, that's why he wasn't there.
My bad, sorry
Everyone can use the jumpkick how they want, have fun :)

November 24, 2017, 07:33:46 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Sorry lunatic, me again, i got Dracula x chronicles sprites from someone which look amazing, but now Richter gets fully invisible except for when turning around or being hit.
I imported gfx and dark function sprites/animations, i made everything in the video you showed me, but he isn't there...
Any clue what's happening?
But the sprites are visible in dsvania

Hmm, I just tried exporting and importing Richter's sprite from darkFunction over and over, and after doing this a few times I got the same bug you got where he's invisible ingame. Seems there's still bugs in the darkFunction importer I need to fix.

For now if you replace the /so/p_0s_ric.dat file with one from a completely clean project, it should fix this. Then just redo the stuff you did in darkFunction, but make sure you get it right in one go so you don't need to import more than once.

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2017, 01:15:04 pm »
Thanks, i wouldn't have been able to figure this out.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:39:49 pm by MaverickZero »