News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: DSVania Editor (v1.8.1)  (Read 86712 times)

kajiarashi

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.8.1)
« Reply #400 on: May 15, 2019, 09:57:19 pm »
I tried move to a new folder today, I also tried to extract again from zip it but gives the same error.  :-\ Well.. thanks Sinis for reply  :)

Azwel

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 25, 2019, 02:02:18 pm »
Hi, is it possible to create a mod to display the map on the bottom screen when pressing select like sotn and the gba titles?
Maybe you could use the map that displays when using the warp room, but remove any warping functions

Esco

• Esco.... nuff said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 09, 2019, 03:00:20 am »
..... what? No option to edit SOTN yet?  :o
Esco.... the original Nuyorican Latin Lover! And creator of the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night engine!

My Patreon page for the Castlevania: SOTN HACKED Engine: http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com/

Thorbs

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 09, 2019, 06:25:14 am »
It's called "DSVania Editor" for a reason.
AoS and HoD support are just a bonus.
I would be more surprised to see SotN support than say, multi-ROM support for already supported games.

Esco

• Esco.... nuff said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 10, 2019, 01:45:09 am »
It's called "DSVania Editor" for a reason.
AoS and HoD support are just a bonus.
I would be more surprised to see SotN support than say, multi-ROM support for already supported games.

I was being humorous. I remember the creator of this project mentioning having an interest in adding SOTN support way back when I spoke to him. I figured by now he would have figured it out with his skill level.
Esco.... the original Nuyorican Latin Lover! And creator of the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night engine!

My Patreon page for the Castlevania: SOTN HACKED Engine: http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com/

Thorbs

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 10, 2019, 04:50:44 am »
He did?
I didn't know that, that's good to know.

But still, the work involved to add all that support...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 12:57:08 pm by Thorbs »

Esco

• Esco.... nuff said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 10, 2019, 04:16:34 pm »
He did?
I didn't know that, that's good to know.

But still, the work involved to add all that support...

Yeah, his tool is amazing. But the truth is with what he has already, and the fact that SOTN stages could be edited with something as simple as a Mappy LUA file, I don't imagine it would be too difficult. But his editor does MUCH, MUCH more than simple stage edits. Including ripping gfx.

Big issue 1 would be the way gfx are encrypted. Though I believe there is already info out there on this.

Big issue 2 map editing wise would be that certain enemies are only loaded in some areas, due to the game being cd and not cartridge based. And even then, let's say you wanted to add a raven into the room with bone pillars in the chapel you would still have to have something coded in that adds that enemies gfx into VRAM. Or it would appear and work fine AI wise. But the gfx would be scrambled. But I'm sure there is a way to automate this.

However, even with an editor, you still could NOT do something like add ravens into the entrance, or alchemy lab, for example. Their AI just isn't coded into the BIN file for that area, nor are their gfx. And the more enemies you set to load into vram at once, the longer a room takes to load. With all enemies in the chapel loaded into vram for a room, I can tell you now that load time when entering that room was double/tripled. Not a HUGE difference, but a noticeable one.

pleasejust

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 13, 2019, 01:42:37 pm »
Hey what're you doing here, Esco? Aren't you supposed to be busy with SotN hacked?  :P