News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Best Non-Pokemon Rom Hacks?  (Read 10408 times)

Shopow

• View Profile
Best Non-Pokemon Rom Hacks?
« on: February 16, 2017, 08:50:25 am »
I am looking for good rom hacks all the time, but it seems that every gime I look for HBA rom hacks, they are all pokemon. So if anyone could give me some recommendations for hacks that are not pokemon, I would be very thankful.

Recommendations for hacks of games not for GBA are welcome, just please make sure it isn't Pokemon. Thanks! :)

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Best Non-Pokemon Rom Hacks?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 09:05:03 am »
I am looking for good rom hacks all the time, but it seems that every gime I look for HBA rom hacks, they are all pokemon.
Where exactly are you looking..?
http://www.romhacking.net/?page=hacks&genre=&platform=10&game=&category=&perpage=20&title=&author=&hacksearch=Go
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

magictrufflez

• View Profile
Re: Best Non-Pokemon Rom Hacks?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:03:01 pm »
There are a metric ton of rpg hacks on this site worth checking out that are NOT Pokemans.  If you click on my profile, I've written a number of reviews for many that I think are pretty worthwhile (I think I've only 100% shot down 2 hacks I've played from here, but I have some strong qualifiers about a few).

Maeson did a pretty great BoF2 rebalancing hack recently, and I'm always very willing to plug FF6: Brave New World (all versions, but I'm a big fan of 1.7, 1.8 is good too if they worked the bugs out).  Outside that, some more guidance would be nice if you're looking for something more specific....?