News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mega Man 3 - Master Battle (Cancelled)  (Read 9593 times)

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
Mega Man 3 - Master Battle (Cancelled)
« on: February 11, 2017, 09:38:58 am »
    Mega Man 3 - Master Battle

Hack Features:
    • You start a room before the boss.
    • Boss Modifications (WIP)
    • Usage of Rush Items and the Hard Knuckle in the starting room in some levels.
    Modified Bosses:
    • Magnet Man
    • Top Man
    • Snake Man
    • Spark Man
    • Hard Man
    • Needle Man
    • Shadow Man
    • Gemini Man
    • Air Man (Doc Robot)
    • Crash Man (Doc Robot)
    • Metal Man (Doc Robot)
    • Wood Man (Doc Robot)
    To Do:
    • Learn how to hack the Wily Bosses
    • Learn how to properly hack Gemini Man's stage
    • Custom Music
    • I changed a few values for Gemini Man's clone phase and when I shoot the clone first,
      the boss instantly dies and I forgot which values I changed. I don't know how to fix that.
    • Remove the Doc Robot Intros
    • Learn how to hack Quickman and Heatman.

Screenshots (2/11/17):

Demo Patch 1 (Robot Masters Only): https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qld13jnioi9ulb/Mega%20Man%203%20-%20Master%20Battle.zip?dl=0
    Demo Patch 2 (Half of the Doc Robot Bosses): https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9ta2edegvko4q2/Mega%20Man%203%20-%20Master%20Battle%20-%20Demo%202.ips?dl=0
    To be applied to: Mega Man 3 (USA).nes

Made Using:
    • MegaFleX
    • Tiny Hexer
    Credits:
    kuja killer (for his MM3 Hacking Documents)

[/list]
    « Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:55:18 am by RhysOwens101 »

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
    Re: Mega Man 3 - Master Battle (Demo Patch 1)
    « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 12:44:19 pm »
    Update 1: Demo Patch 1 has been released.
    There's a glitch where you can instantly kill Gemini Man if you shoot his clone first. It's my fault and I don't know how to fix it.

Next Demo Patch:
    Doc Robot Bosses
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 02:31:53 pm by RhysOwens101 »

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 10:57:56 am »
    Update 2:
    Progress is going real slow. That's because I have other things to do and because I don't know how to change the door data for the Doc Robot Stages.

kuja killer

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 07:33:17 am »
    http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=3176

do you have this file ? some of the doc robots are documented a bit, i havent updated this since 2008 though.

Ness

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 09:30:32 am »
    That's because I have other things to do and because I don't know how to change the door data for the Doc Robot Stages.

Doesn't MegaFLE X suppor that? I haven't actually tried but apparently it's possible to change which TSA blocks it uses when opened & closed, the location of the doors on the screen, the screen and scroll numbers they're at (for both set of doors in the doc robot stages).

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 10:55:59 am »
    Doesn't MegaFLE X suppor that? I haven't actually tried but apparently it's possible to change which TSA blocks it uses when opened & closed, the location of the doors on the screen, the screen and scroll numbers they're at (for both set of doors in the doc robot stages).
    That's what I'm looking for. I need the locations of the doors which can't be opened until the Doc-Robot mid-boss is defeated.

Update: I'm thinking of skipping the Mid-Bosses and going straight to the End-Bosses.
    « Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:45:21 am by RhysOwens101 »

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
    Re: Mega Man 3 - Master Battle (Help Needed)
    « Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 02:56:39 pm »
    Another Update:
    For (Doc Robot) Spark Man's stage, I decided to skip Metal Man and go straight to Quick Man since the level ends when you defeat him, but apparently, the level needs to have 2 bosses beaten to end.
    I really need help with the Doc Robot doors and where they are locked until the boss in it's room is defeated.

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 06:39:16 pm »
    Apparently, after the RHDN downtime, some posts have disappeared.
    I'm looking for a way to change the locations of when the door unlocks after the Doc Robot is defeated and the screen number for the second Doc Robot boss.

kuja killer

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 07:25:26 pm »
    yea my post in this thread got deleted i noticed. :( - i'll post again
    I'd like an example of one of your levels which i can quickly make in MegaFLE, so that i can test this out myself before i know what the deal is with the doors stuff.

like, show me a level map of one of them, and then i'll make a copy of it in megafle on a un-modified mm3 rom, so i can test exactly what your setup was.

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 08:29:44 pm »

Here's what you wanted, right?

kuja killer

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 10:08:11 pm »
    okay i found the problem after testing that setup, the code expects there to be one of those "in between" rooms after the first door. like how all the levels normally have, the original doc robot levels have 1 of those empty in between rooms on the 1st doc robots of each stage, so that's what you needed to do.

you just gotta add 1 more room before metal man's room.

also change these 2 values to "03"
    3DA9F and 3DBA6
    that's the screen check for when the doc robot levels are allowed to end. originally it was 18, which means the doc robot levels had to be more than 18 hex, sreens long or else it would not end properly.
    So 03 is just the room before the 2nd doc robot in your case here.

Also to fix the door glitches i noticed when they open/close, just should only need to edit door positions for "door point 1" which is what i did. press that arrow button on the scrollbar a couple times so you can edit the door positions after metal man. - so they match your ground height. i dont know if it's going to affect other levels, cause sometimes some doors share the same pointers as doors in other levels, so i dont know 100% there

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 08:33:17 am »
    okay i found the problem after testing that setup, the code expects there to be one of those "in between" rooms after the first door. like how all the levels normally have, the original doc robot levels have 1 of those empty in between rooms on the 1st doc robots of each stage, so that's what you needed to do.

you just gotta add 1 more room before metal man's room.

also change these 2 values to "03"
    3DA9F and 3DBA6
    that's the screen check for when the doc robot levels are allowed to end. originally it was 18, which means the doc robot levels had to be more than 18 hex, sreens long or else it would not end properly.
    So 03 is just the room before the 2nd doc robot in your case here.

Also to fix the door glitches i noticed when they open/close, just should only need to edit door positions for "door point 1" which is what i did. press that arrow button on the scrollbar a couple times so you can edit the door positions after metal man. - so they match your ground height. i dont know if it's going to affect other levels, cause sometimes some doors share the same pointers as doors in other levels, so i dont know 100% there

Wow, it's all fixed. Thanks.
    But now I need the values which are used in the other Doc Robot Stages.

kuja killer

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 09:30:58 am »
    this applies to all the 4 levels.

you set them up the same way as i described. having that empty room before the first doc robot, and the empty room before the 2nd doc robot's room too.

For the actual door graphics, again you just only edit the screen numbers in the "door point 1" and door point 2.

where it says "screen of door point" use 0 for the door point 1, and 3 for the door point 2.

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 10:09:28 am »
    this applies to all the 4 levels.

you set them up the same way as i described. having that empty room before the first doc robot, and the empty room before the 2nd doc robot's room too.

For the actual door graphics, again you just only edit the screen numbers in the "door point 1" and door point 2.

where it says "screen of door point" use 0 for the door point 1, and 3 for the door point 2.
    No, I want the locations of the values of the screen checks for Doc Robot's defeat ending the level.

kuja killer

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 04:28:18 pm »
    i just told you it's the same, i gave you the 2 addresses already, it applies for all 4 doc robot levels... there aren't anymore areas.

the code does "lda $22 (current level), cmp #$08, BCC something, cmp #$0B, BCS something, lda $F9 (current screen number), doc robot case here ..the 08-0B were the 4 doc robot levels.

as long as 4 the levels end on screen 4 exactly like the way i did in my test, and those 2 addresses are set to "03"
    « Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:34:57 pm by kuja killer »

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 06:29:29 pm »
    i just told you it's the same, i gave you the 2 addresses already, it applies for all 4 doc robot levels... there aren't anymore areas.

the code does "lda $22 (current level), cmp #$08, BCC something, cmp #$0B, BCS something, lda $F9 (current screen number), doc robot case here ..the 08-0B were the 4 doc robot levels.

as long as 4 the levels end on screen 4 exactly like the way i did in my test, and those 2 addresses are set to "03"
    I did what you told me for Needleman's stage, but the door in Airman's room won't open, even after I've defeated him.

kuja killer

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 07:00:24 pm »
    did you make sure to go to the Door editor window, and set the same screen numbers there for the Door Point 1, and Door Point 2 like i mentioned ??

http://s3.postimg.org/stqcoxd9v/needle.png

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 03:16:44 am »
    did you make sure to go to the Door editor window, and set the same screen numbers there for the Door Point 1, and Door Point 2 like i mentioned ??

http://s3.postimg.org/stqcoxd9v/needle.png

Yes I did. I still don't know why it doesn't open.
    It must have something to do with the TSA Choices.

kuja killer

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 06:02:52 am »
    click door point 2 ...did you put a 3 in it's box for that ?? ...

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 12:30:04 pm »
    click door point 2 ...did you put a 3 in it's box for that ?? ...
    Yep, sure did. That didn't help.