News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Independent Girl Translations  (Read 22206 times)

Farlight

• View Profile
Re: Independent Girl Translations
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2017, 09:57:13 am »
I just wanted to take a few minutes to say Thank You for your hard work!!

I did a out load cheer of joy when I saw that the 1st Fullmetal Alchemist for the GBA was translated.  I have been hoping for YEARS that someone would pick this up.   I own both the Japanese games and guide books and have been slowly struggling through them with the online FAQ.   I'm really enjoying FINALLY being able to understand the plot ;D.   

I have found one bug so far that can be worked around. 
-During the first visit to Central city in the Hughes home, if talk to Hughes' wife (whose name escapes me at the moment.)  The text reads something like "You haven't visited in a long time" and then repeats infinitely when ever the A/B button to advance text is pressed.  I could not exit from this text 'trap' and had to restart.  Not a problem as long as you don't talk to her. 

Other than that I have found no further bugs and am estimating ~75% finished.  I'll post any further bugs I find.

Again, THANK YOU so much!  I'm even more excited about the progress on Star Ocean and FMA2.  (I'll have to start getting into Detective Conan...   ;))

-When the time comes, I would be very happy to help beta test FMA 2.   I'm quite familiar with both FMA games.   

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2017, 12:19:22 pm »
Thank you for your kind words!

-During the first visit to Central city in the Hughes home, if talk to Hughes' wife (whose name escapes me at the moment.)  The text reads something like "You haven't visited in a long time" and then repeats infinitely when ever the A/B button to advance text is pressed.  I could not exit from this text 'trap' and had to restart.  Not a problem as long as you don't talk to her.
This bug was fixed in v0.02, so you may want to download the latest version and apply it to a clean ROM!
There has to be a better life.

Ven0m

• View Profile
Detective Conan
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2017, 05:19:15 pm »
Greetings,
I was doing a play-through on my YouTube channel of your translation of Detective Conan: The legendary treasure of strange rock
island and believe I found a bug.

When I attempted to think about the keyword "Roof" the text in the text box became very garbled and all my
keywords where removed. I could go into more detail but if you skip ahead to about 38:45 of my video you will
see what I'm referring to. Here is a link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NetKX54JsQw

I will be doing another play-through since I was unable to finish this one and can let you know if
it happens again. I did have a comment left on Part 2 of the series by someone saying they finished
the game so maybe it was specific to something I did throughout the play-through.

IlDucci

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2017, 04:26:54 pm »
I also have other projects that haven't seen much progress yet (Choro Q GBC, Conan GBA, Aconcagua PSX, Princess Maker PSX, Conan 3 GBC, FMA 2 GBA, etc.), I'll update this post with more details about them later.

I'd love to see Aconcagua finished, I could help with graphics and video editing for that one.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2017, 01:18:56 am »
What a pity Fullmetal Alchemist: Stray Rondo is absolute garbage.

Nice effort just the same, one can imagine how nice those talents must be towards a decent game.

Vortiene

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2017, 11:50:51 am »
What a pity Fullmetal Alchemist: Stray Rondo is absolute garbage.

Nice effort just the same, one can imagine how nice those talents must be towards a decent game.

no need to be so edgy, as you can see 3 games were worked on, that one was just one of them.

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2017, 01:52:10 am »
Hi there! You've been putting out some stellar work.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:17:22 pm by MathOnNapkins »

Spinner 8

• Pink Pretty Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2017, 02:14:13 pm »
Is FMA fully translated? I just noticed that someone set the status to Unfinished (http://www.romhacking.net/?page=submissions&action=itemhistory&section=Translations&sectionid=10&id=2882) using some sketchy non-evidence.

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2017, 04:58:08 pm »
Is FMA fully translated?
Yes, it is. That reason is taking some lines out of context... The sentence before those lines say "Everything should be translated."

In other words:
* Main story is ~50% of the text in the game.
* ~90% of that main story was translated by x_comp.
* Everything else (remaining ~%10 of main story, NPC dialogue, side quests, magic and item descriptions, battle text, graphics, etc.) was translated by me.

Spinner 8

• Pink Pretty Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2017, 08:05:23 pm »
Yes, it is. That reason is taking some lines out of context... The sentence before those lines say "Everything should be translated."

In other words:
* Main story is ~50% of the text in the game.
* ~90% of that main story was translated by x_comp.
* Everything else (remaining ~%10 of main story, NPC dialogue, side quests, magic and item descriptions, battle text, graphics, etc.) was translated by me.

Iredc

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2017, 06:01:22 am »
Thank you very much for the Stray Rondo's translation! I played it whole, including side quests, and there were no bugs. There's only a couple of text mistakes in which Cony refers to her brother as "Ed", but that's all.

I took a look at the sequel's data, but seeing that you planned already to work on it, I'll wait eagerly for your translation. :thumbsup:

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2017, 02:26:58 pm »
Thank you very much for your report, Iredc!

There's only a couple of text mistakes in which Cony refers to her brother as "Ed"
Ah, my mistake. I replaced every instance of "Nii-san" with "Ed" in x_comp's translation[1]. It never occurred to me that maybe another person could have a brother not named Ed! I'll definitely fix it if I release another update.

[1] https://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/919683-hagane-no-renkinjutsushi-meisou-no-rinbukyoku/faqs/30504

jadekitten

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2017, 02:34:47 pm »
I don't know if you still need someone but I would be happy to volunteer my time to fix broken English. However, English is the only language I know.

Fuhrer

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2017, 02:01:16 pm »
I am extremely happy to see Star Ocean Blue Sphere is being translated.   I'm a huge fan of the series and was really disappointed to see there was no English translation for the game,  I'm really looking forward to playing it.  Thank you very much for your hard work
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:11:52 pm by Fuhrer »

YeahYeahNo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2018, 04:44:31 pm »
shumplations translated a developer interview of this game http://shmuplations.com/bluesphere/

Atelier Tohka

• Spirit Alchemist of Ratatoskr
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2018, 05:36:36 pm »
I'll have to check Stray Rondo out later. Definitely seems pretty neat.