News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Snes Super MarioKart VS com player  (Read 1285 times)

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
Snes Super MarioKart VS com player
« on: February 09, 2017, 01:17:15 am »
I ran across a possible removed portion of Super MarioKart that hackers may be interested in. I was looking to play time trial when suddenly I saw COM in place of 2 player when I selected single player. I thought well if it is a com it is not selecting its self so its not a com. I then mapped keys to player 2 controller and selected a player do to running into the issue several times not being able to pass it. Once I selected the com player I fully assumed it was a glitch  and the second player would function like player 2 with my keyboard. Some how the comp player selected was authentically a computer player that played the track all on its own. Confused I swapped to a different control scheme on my keyboard and since could not reproduce this odd feature. Now I fully assume its a removed feature that a hot key activated on my keyboard with in the emulator. I used snes9x and do not recall the original key used which is probably why I can not reproduce this event.

Anyone know anything about this or is there anyone willing to look into this to find this?

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Snes Super MarioKart VS com player
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 01:29:15 am »
Was the "COM player" a ghost?  That's just a matter of pressing Start on the second controller.  Well-established.  Sorry to disappoint you.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588738-super-mario-kart/cheats
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
Re: Snes Super MarioKart VS com player
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 01:39:01 am »
I found the answer. by trial and error and now i read your post. This is so awesome yet never knew about it. Simply use player 2 D-pad and BINGO! or as the info you provided the start button. Guess any key works. Computer player active in Time trial mode is a ghost never the less its not a saved ghost from past play its just a ghost that runs the track. I looked all over the net and could not find the info but you brought showed me I did not look hard enough.