News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 419989 times)

LoneWolfZ24

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #1140 on: April 14, 2020, 10:12:14 am »
Keep going in this game, found that if you go to new Zeal, and leave the building, you cant get back in, and are stuck on the island.

Josephine Lithius

• THE WORLD IS MINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 14, 2020, 11:22:05 am »
I took a look at the v2.3.8 ROM and the v2.4.0 ROM.  The exit trigger was originally located at X/Y coordinate of 10,2B.  In v2.4.0, it somehow shifted to the very bottom of the map, landing at 10,3F!  It also doesn't seem to work, either.  Very strange.

So, yeah.  This one isn't just you.  Really hope you didn't save on that island…

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 14, 2020, 05:30:43 pm »
Not sure how that happened, did a cat walk on my keyboard?

I was taking a break from this, but since this is a bigger deal I'm back fixing things.

I realized a lot of problems come from Crono not being the leader early game, since it's pointless anyway I removed the option to swap him before the end of time.

LoneWolfZ24

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 14, 2020, 10:03:53 pm »
Well, since you guys seem to read this regularly, I will let you know that I loved all the extra content.  Ive owned the soundtrack for this game since release, and was very happy with the tracks on your radio.  The missing track is also on my CDs, so it was nice to see back.  I did find somethings that were off, and this is just to help you guys. 

1. If you let the music end on the over world of 1999, then hit Y to change char, the game goes to black screen and locks up.  (repeatable)
2. Not sure if this was deliberate or not, but when doing a new game +, I lost a lot of items, can make a full list if you want, but basically, all the best weapons, (masamune is normal, the rest not so much) both the new weapons you added, and the best from the original game.  Also, most of the armor for Magus.  32 items in total from my inventory.  Some I knew, like all the items stolen from Ozzys gang, others shouldnt, or didnt in the original.  (again, this may have been a choice you made)
3. After doing the frog arcade, the game sets the party to the three ladies, regardless of who you had before.  (not a big deal, just weird)
4. Couldn't find any way to get into the sewer or power station in 1999.  However, when you go into the power station, there are two lasers blocking the conveyor belts.  If you go into the menu, and change char possessions, the one on the left disappears (still cant get in, that conveyor belt goes against you)
5. I have not been able to find a new (added) weapon for Marle or Crono, and since the others have one, Id assume they do too, but I may be wrong.
6. The Mastermune does a great deal of dmg compared to his previous weapon, yet the description for it does not say how. (again, would be useful)
7. A minor issue that gets more irritating once you get the suite and set it as you new "home", the save point at the end of time doesn't let you swap char, which doesn't matter much until there are no char to talk to there to be able to switch with.  (I found one other save spot in the game previously that also didnt let you change char, but don't remember where (not the jail).  If I find it again, I will let you know. 
8. Once the Drone or speed shoes are gotten, I do not know how to get rid of them. 
9. Personal request.  Ayla ... I HATE 9999 hits for crits.  Your char shouldn't be reduced to auto attacking and hoping for a crit to get the most dmg, that makes the game less fun.  And her previous "weapon" has a useful 30% crit, instead of 10% for BronzeFist.  Any way to get that reverted at lvl 99 if the player chooses?

Sorry for this jumble of things, some are just bugs, some are unknown by me, and may be my own stupidity getting in the way, and truly sorry for the request, that last one just always bugged me. Kinda like Square not giving any double techs to Magus with the other char, like Fire3, Ice3, Lit3.  That was just a no brainer. 

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 15, 2020, 10:25:56 am »
That's a good list, some are bugs some aren't.

1. Didn't know about that, but I have to do something for the people not using the msu-1 music anyway.

2. Fewer items do carry over, gives a purpose to doing the endgame side quests again on ng+

3. That is annoying, it's because the events are tied to character actions so I picked 3 characters that are guaranteed to be in the party, it's on my list to fix but its a bit of work.

4. There isn't anything in the sewer, it's just there to show you the same location exists in a different period, I suppose I could allow partial exploration and add a chest or something.

5. Crono doesn't need anything stronger than the rainbow, couldn't think of anything good for Marle.

6. No one really knows how magic swords work.

7. That I can fix immediately.

8. Sell them anywhere.

9. I'm with you on that one, the problem is that it resets (when she gains a level?) Adding the Iron Fist to her inventory when she hits level ** would prolly work.

As for Magus techs I'm not sure, I think I can repoint the table and add new entries but they would have to be edited in hex instead of High tech. Mauron would know for sure.

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 15, 2020, 02:29:28 pm »
Hi-Tech can recognize hacks that have added new techs, but it requires a lot of manual setup.

- Control Headers, Graphics Headers, and Targeting data need to be in order. Magus/other peeps techs would have to be added after existing dual techs and before triple techs.
- Animations and effect headers can be added at the end. For animations, you'll need to locate the high byte of the pointer table and have all entries point to 0x0E0000. Hi-Tech will then create a dummy entry for the new animations.
- Menu and battle performance groups... should be able to be handled by Hi-Tech once there's enough space in those lists.
- Requirements... will probably be a mess.
- Tech names and descriptions will no longer edit correctly in Temporal Flux.
- Save files will need to be corrected for existing games. I have an idea on how to handle this.

Once all this is done, you'll need to edit the Hi-Tech.ini file in your (romname).proj to match your changes. This will be fairly straightforward once you get to this part.
Mauron wuz here.

Josephine Lithius

• THE WORLD IS MINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 15, 2020, 03:09:50 pm »
1. If you let the music end on the over world of 1999, then hit Y to change char, the game goes to black screen and locks up.  (repeatable)
I've heard of other people encountering this one, but I simply can't get it to happen in Snes9x v1.60.

4. Couldn't find any way to get into the sewer or power station in 1999.  However, when you go into the power station, there are two lasers blocking the conveyor belts.  If you go into the menu, and change char possessions, the one on the left disappears (still cant get in, that conveyor belt goes against you)
I'll add this to my list.  And, you actually can get in there by using the Speed Shoes.  You get warped to 2300 AD if you go down either elevator, though, and have to hoof it back to a Time Gate, from there.

7. A minor issue that gets more irritating once you get the suite and set it as you new "home", the save point at the end of time doesn't let you swap char, which doesn't matter much until there are no char to talk to there to be able to switch with.  (I found one other save spot in the game previously that also didnt let you change char, but don't remember where (not the jail).  If I find it again, I will let you know.
Have you tried pressing the "Y" button?  :)

I honestly don't know what you mean, with this one.  You're allowed to use the Warp button (default "Y") to exchange characters from your reserve party at practically any point in the game after the first trip to the End of Time.  Save Points have never had anything to do with that.  The only thing they do is, as the name implies, let you save the game.

Edit: I stumbled upon a weird one while looking for the Sewer Access in 1999 AD:
Spoiler:
- The entrance to the Medina Teleporters dome becomes inaccessible after a certain period of time
(I can’t explain this one.  The trigger is there when I look in Temporal Flux.  It’s kinda moot, anyway, since Medina Dome has its own Teleporters.)

Also, I should probably mention that despite my sudden focus on this thread, I'm not actually part of the project team.  It's primarily TheGreatBen and, like, one primary bug-tester?  I'm just a nerd who loves Chrono Trigger and has a bit of experience with Temporal Flux (the best Chrono Trigger editor out there).  I also enjoy making game designers/modifiers cry bug reports.  Hee~
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:32:21 pm by Josephine Lithius »

LoneWolfZ24

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 15, 2020, 04:52:54 pm »
Thanks again for all the help and info guys. 

I've heard of other people encountering this one, but I simply can't get it to happen in Snes9x v1.60.
It seems to be linked to using the "current music menu (no msu-1)" patch, as whenever you hit Y, you can briefly hear the music cut out, or dim during the transition.  But since the music in 1999 over world doesn't loop, the game cant re-engage the music as its no longer playing.  My best guess. 

Have you tried pressing the "Y" button?  :)

I honestly don't know what you mean, with this one.  You're allowed to use the Warp button (default "Y") to exchange characters from your reserve party at practically any point in the game after the first trip to the End of Time.  Save Points have never had anything to do with that.  The only thing they do is, as the name implies, let you save the game.
Yes, as above, I used Y.  I am using the "NES Difficulty" hack as well, which will only allow you to swap char at save points, yet the one at the end of time doesn't let you.  Which as I stated, wasn't a big deal when char were running around letting you do the same thing.  Once you move all the char to the Suite however, you can no longer change your char at the end of time.  You need to either fly or time warp to another location just to swap char. 

greenghost420

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 15, 2020, 06:46:55 pm »
after rescueing marle in 600ad and go back to the normal time. after lucca gos home and its just marle and chrono i can go back thru the gate back to 600ad,but when i do  its locks at the 1st battle. using snes9x 1.60. latest patch update.  is this just me?

Josephine Lithius

• THE WORLD IS MINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 16, 2020, 02:24:15 am »
@LoneWolfZ24
Oh-oh-oooh…  You did say that you were using those extra patches, didn't you?  I'm sorry for not paying attention.  D:

Yeah, I didn't actually test all the patches in my own playthrough, so I probably missed a lot of things like this…  So, I'm glad someone's picking up my slack.  Thank you for being so diligent and patient!  :D

@greenghost420
Ooh, confirmed.  It even happens in v2.3.8.  The game expects two Imp Aces to move into position, but one object was removed in order to disable that battle altogether, so the second (first?) Imp Ace never gets into position.  Strangely, both Imp Aces disappear when the party comes back after 2300 AD.
 Not sure how I missed this one, though…
Probably because I didn't think to go back to 600 AD, ha hah~
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 10:03:47 am by Josephine Lithius »

LoneWolfZ24

• View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 16, 2020, 06:57:19 pm »
I didn't notice since I always just skipped that battle.  Good Catch though. 

greenghost420

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 16, 2020, 07:08:19 pm »
@LoneWolfZ24

Probably because I didn't think to go back to 600 AD, ha hah~

Hahah  yea i normally dont go back but was like why not try this time lol

Lt Light Ark

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 21, 2020, 09:07:24 pm »
So, I have found a problem, the Epoch simply seems to not work when we first find her, You get on the cockpit, rises up and the game just stops there. Music stays ongoing as the Nu's 'zzz'.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:44:13 pm by Lt Light Ark »

Josephine Lithius

• THE WORLD IS MINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 22, 2020, 12:19:39 pm »
I can't get this to happen under Snes9x v1.60… which means I need more information.  :)

Can you tell us the circumstances under which this happens, Lt. Light Ark?  Did you use a clean ROM?  Are you using any extra patches – ones that either did or didn't come with this hack?  What emulator are you using?  Et cetera.

Cheers and thank you!

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 22, 2020, 01:06:51 pm »
I can't get this to happen under Snes9x v1.60… which means I need more information.  :)

Can you tell us the circumstances under which this happens, Lt. Light Ark?  Did you use a clean ROM?  Are you using any extra patches – ones that either did or didn't come with this hack?  What emulator are you using?  Et cetera.

Cheers and thank you!

I thought I posted this same question yesterday, oh well.

Btw work is still continuing on this, I'm slowly going over the master list of bugs.

Lt Light Ark

• View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: April 22, 2020, 06:12:18 pm »

Cheers and thank you!

Yes, the rom was entirely clean (I keep one clean rom so I can copy when applying the patches) and I just used the patches within the hack, I used the SNES9xEx+ for Android version 1.5.43.

I thought it could be the emulator, but when I tried to force the scenario ahead with a save of the clean CT game (one after you get the Epoch) the game runs normally within the hack. I can use the Epoch normally.

Dunno if it is the emulator or the hack, but...still I needed to warn you guys.

Nonetheless I loved it and I am anxious for the full work!

LoneWolfZ24

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 23, 2020, 07:17:44 pm »
Hello Again guys, wanted to give you some more things I found in my new game plus play through.

1. Can now confirm the game locks up after leaving 600 AD, then going back right away, from that first fight.
2. Got the Epoch early, right after going to the end of time, and if you go to 12000 BC, then try to take the cave time gate back, it brings you to the end of time, but doesn't give you the light pillars for it.
3. Also, when using the Epoch to go back to 1000 AD, and walking into Guardia Forest from the south end, the game runs your char off screen up, and starts the soldiers running after you event, but you are still looking at the entrance of the forest.  You can still run to the right to get away from them and back to the original portal, just cant see any of that.  not sure if that can be fixed, as that is the script the game runs if you come back through the portal from the other side normally.

Anyway, back to the game. 

April 23, 2020, 09:37:37 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Just ran magus castle in NG+, ran up into each of the henchmens areas, no mobs, ran back, and the save portal showed up, ran in it, and went right to the stairs leading to magus.  Ran down, yup, magus.  Ran back up stairs, and I'm in the Ozzi room, and hes there still.  took treasures and left, not one mob encounter the whole time.  Also, just noticed that Lucca (third) party member was changed to crono.  Once again, just a heads up. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:44:58 pm by LoneWolfZ24 »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 24, 2020, 10:23:03 pm »
#2 is intentional because you can't take a pillar to the tyranno lair before it's destroyed.  The time machine should be accessible from the end of time.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 25, 2020, 08:12:27 am »
#2 is intentional because you can't take a pillar to the tyranno lair before it's destroyed.  The time machine should be accessible from the end of time.

I hadn't thought of that but it's solid reasoning.

The Magus castle one is because without noticing you used the "Magic Key" item, it's won from beating the Prophet and let's you skip that dungeon if you chose.

The others are being worked on.

pleasejust

• View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 25, 2020, 07:24:23 pm »
I have a question re: the difficulty. Do you know how the difficulty compares to say, Chrono Trigger Master Quest? Or Platinum? I guess it wouldn't be possible to patch those over top of plus, but would it be possible to add a hard mode patch, similar to what the other hacks do, on your to do list?

In any case, thanks for this, looking forward to playing it someday.