News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 436022 times)

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #1020 on: December 24, 2019, 09:02:27 pm »
Noticed the new patch version! The readme doesn't say anything though. Bug fixes mostly?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 24, 2019, 09:03:56 pm »
Ya version 2.3 is up, it has a bajillion bug fixes and the powered up pendant carries over

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 25, 2019, 12:15:06 am »
In the Lucca explaining that there's a princess mix up scene in the castle, the guard refers to Magus as Magus, even if he's been renamed.

pleasejust

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 25, 2019, 02:26:20 am »
Ya version 2.3 is up, it has a bajillion bug fixes and the powered up pendant carries over

The download page still says 2.1

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 25, 2019, 08:13:34 am »
Charming the drone gives a debug empty item.

December 25, 2019, 08:20:21 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Drone's empty enemy listing appearing at the top or middle of enemy listing, when it should be at the end, as it basically just adds blank line.

December 25, 2019, 09:09:37 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Lots of items have spaces at the end of their names which show up when getting them from chests (like Time Hat, which has two of them)

December 25, 2019, 09:23:58 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Lucca doesn't teleport Crono in the beginning demonstration.  I mean you can just talk to Marle to continue, but the Crono demonstration isn't working.

December 25, 2019, 09:56:39 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
What is minimum requirement to go to 1999?  I did a new game plus and unlocked the room and beat the lavos spawn, but the console doesn't respond.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:56:39 am by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 25, 2019, 11:21:51 am »
No control over where the drone appears in enemy listing but I fixed everything else and reuploaded, I'll post again when its approved.

1999 should not have been restricted, that bug should be fixed now but you'll need a save game from before beating the spawn.

Btw that was really fast but testing.

December 25, 2019, 01:10:45 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And it's up.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 01:10:45 pm by ThegreatBen »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 25, 2019, 11:12:03 pm »
There's a sparkle at the console when I beat the lavos spawn, but I can't interact with it...

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 26, 2019, 03:35:17 am »
Ya version 2.3 is up, it has a bajillion bug fixes
Cool, kinda figured

and the powered up pendant carries over
Very cool! Gonna try that!

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 26, 2019, 04:12:49 am »
Going to Schala's room in Zeal before beating Magus locks up the game.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 26, 2019, 08:01:43 pm »
Next version is up I believe.

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 27, 2019, 12:32:22 am »
Why did you updated the "Hack Release Date"... pretty sure I've download this many many months ago....

There's a "Last Modified" field which is kinda the point of keeping track of edits to your hack. BTW which version is this at? Like how many "2.3's" have you released? I've download 2.3 like 3-4 times now I don't know how many secret little edits you've done, not sure if I'm already up to date or not. I'm going to have to start hashing these things...

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 27, 2019, 02:13:55 am »
Why did you updated the "Hack Release Date"... pretty sure I've download this many many months ago....

There's a "Last Modified" field which is kinda the point of keeping track of edits to your hack. BTW which version is this at? Like how many "2.3's" have you released? I've download 2.3 like 3-4 times now I don't know how many secret little edits you've done, not sure if I'm already up to date or not. I'm going to have to start hashing these things...

Release Date should be the release of the current version, not the original release. Last Modified is automatically changed whenever the entry is updated, even if the hack itself was not.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 27, 2019, 10:10:32 am »
This should be the first 2.3.1, it was uploaded yesterday, hopefully it's the right one.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 27, 2019, 04:28:16 pm »
Neither Ayla nor Frog are required to be in my party when I complete the Environmental Forest side quest (if I do it by going to Zeal early).  Yet both always appear in the forest scene.

December 27, 2019, 04:37:18 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And when I finish it I get them both in my party!

December 27, 2019, 05:04:16 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
If I get the dreamstone, do a new game plus, get Ayle on the quest to get the dreamstone early (after getting the time machine), use the time machine to escape out of the distant past, then do the Tata sidequest, I can get Melchoir to repair the Masamune without ever having to complete the sidequest to get back the gate key.  Not sure if this is really a bug though.

December 27, 2019, 05:09:46 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Hmm, if I complete the masamune repair portion wwithout Lucca or Robo in my party, while Robo is off gardening the forest, then Robo appears by default to help fix things (makes sense now that Ayla could be in your party, so it's not for sure that he or Lucca will be there to help).  This then puts Robo back into the roster even though I haven't recovered him from the forest yet, so perhaps having Lucca be the default helper who is temporarily removed rather than Robo makes sense.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:09:46 pm by andrewclunn »

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 27, 2019, 05:10:44 pm »
Forgive me for my ignorance, but what does the Marle.ips patch do?  :-[
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 27, 2019, 05:16:02 pm »
Going back to complete the gate key quest, with Frog in party (which I've demonstrated above, can be be set up) causes a lock when the other character is supposed to comment on Ayla hitting Kino (adding text for Frog here might fix the issue).

December 27, 2019, 05:29:17 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
This one is downright funny.  So I do the set up to get Ayla out of the past without completing the gate key quest, then get Frog in my party to go fight Magus, then go back into the past with Ayla and enter the forest like I'm going to complete it.  This results in both Frog and Ayla being locked in my party.  Now I go back to fight Magus.  And then during the cutscene where Marle is yelling at Crono, Ayla is there in the bed on top of him.  Puts it in a very different context.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:29:17 pm by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 27, 2019, 05:33:53 pm »
Forgive me for my ignorance, but what does the Marle.ips patch do?  :-[

Changes her colors a little, it was made by request but since it works I figured just throw it in.

@Andrew sounds like you're having fun breaking my hack lol. I should be able to fix a good chunk of those, can you confirm 2 things for me?

If you take the time machine to prehistoric without having ever gone through the portal and triggered the Ayla fighting the reptites scene can you actually do anything there? I tried to make it so the party can't backtrack into mystic mountains by setting the spinning Kilwalas to block the party if the above mentioned scene hasn't occurred, does that actually work?

And second, did I remember to put the Lavos spawn's health back to normal after testing?

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 27, 2019, 05:44:31 pm »
The Lavos spawn and 1999 work great.  All looking goo d there so far.

I was able to trigger it in reverse, but keep in mind, that you could trigger the the scene by going down the mountain from the portal.  Then (before the party) go back to the end of time, grab your time machine, then go to prehistory, so there's sort of no way around it that way.  I think the better solution is (and hear me out on this one), if the team already has the epoch, do a check when they wake up from the party.  If so have Lucca say something like, "No problem, there's a spare in the Epoch, I'll just hit the recall to bring it to us" or something like that, give them the gate key back automatically and have the epoch set to be in prehistory with them, and autocomplete the sidequest, basically skipping it.  I mean that can only happen in new game plus mode anyways, effectively skips the quest (since they already have the dreamstone) and they'll just get Ayla later after Magus.

December 27, 2019, 06:00:30 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Yeah, going back and doing the gate key sidequest with Ayla after getting the Dactyles completely borks your game because when it's over Ayla is effectively removed from the game with no way to get her back and the Tyrano lair is not beatable.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 06:00:30 pm by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 27, 2019, 06:53:36 pm »
Glad to hear that everything is working perfect on a new game anyway, the bugs caused by the early Epoch are kind of an "at your own discretion" kind of thing.

I think I'll just set the entire dreamstone quest flags to complete (if they aren't already) on acquiring the masamune. Also the Dreamstone shouldn't carry over.

As for leaving 65 mil after getting the gate key stolen I'll probably just have the Epoch sent back to the end of time, @Mauron do you know what command does this?

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 27, 2019, 07:39:42 pm »
You can manually change the Epoch's era by setting 7E029F to the Location number you want. It's accessible from the end of time no matter what era you last had it in, but you can set it to 1D9 manually for this.
Mauron wuz here.