News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 211007 times)

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #1000 on: November 09, 2019, 04:17:56 pm »
I should increase the drop rate to 100% for the next release.
0x3DAC21 - 80 08 to do that.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 10, 2019, 08:07:14 am »
Just a suggestion, but might there be a way to include the 1999 AD sidequests to the Old Man's report of things to do near endgame? Or a character in 1999 AD that lists them? Some of them are as obvious as just talking to a person, but some like knowing you can 'upgrade' the wondershot are not.

While I dont want something as blunt as a list I could make the hints more obvious I guess.

0x3DAC21 - 80 08 to do that.

I knew I could count on you.

Pape29018

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 11, 2019, 03:55:11 pm »
"Cult of Lavos" in 2300 A.D. sounds more like an organization than a location. Here are a few suggestions for a new name if interested.

*Terra Memoria, Terra is Latin for Earth and Memoria is Latin for Memory. References the Entity/planet and its dream/memories.
*Necropolis, the name stems from ancient Greek which literally means "city of the dead".
*Shrine of Chaos or Shrine of Destruction.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 12, 2019, 09:23:35 pm »
"Cult of Lavos" in 2300 A.D. sounds more like an organization than a location. Here are a few suggestions for a new name if interested.

*Terra Memoria, Terra is Latin for Earth and Memoria is Latin for Memory. References the Entity/planet and its dream/memories.
*Necropolis, the name stems from ancient Greek which literally means "city of the dead".
*Shrine of Chaos or Shrine of Destruction.

I suppose that makes sense, Necropolis sounds cool.

As for updates I added a teleport station to West City allowing easier 1999 travel.

I'm currently working on fixing the re-fightable Frog King battle, and tweaking my Marle scene, once that's done I'll revert the autorun ro make it optional again.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 13, 2019, 02:43:55 am »
i like the idea of including run patch and magus color change, and then the optional patches being the revert patched.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: November 14, 2019, 01:05:31 pm »
i like the idea of including run patch and magus color change, and then the optional patches being the revert patched.

And normally I'd just let you have it that way but I've had quite a few requests to revert it.

As for updates I've added the teleport station to west city,  fixed the frog king bug, made the drop rate 100%, renamed the cult of Lavos.

All that's left I believe is a few animations for Marle in her cut scene and a report that the clone still isn't working properly that needs to be verified.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 21, 2019, 05:29:39 pm »
Been getting more time to work on this, holy cow there's a lot of bugs.

Fixed a big graphical mess with Lavos if the drone is with you, had to redo the Nes difficulty patch since the starting stats were way off, finally fixed that every enemy poisons you thing.

I still have the fainted party members not falling down bug, and the music in 65mil makes a horrible screeching sound of using the msu-1 (hopefully that's just me) theres also a report of the clone still not showing up and a mt woe bug in Crono isnt pc1

Once those are taken care of I want to make the powered up pendant carry over, it'll take a little work so that the early epoch doesn't break the game, I'll just disable the story events in Zeal until the right time.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 21, 2019, 05:36:23 pm »
Once those are taken care of I want to make the powered up pendant carry over, it'll take a little work so that the early epoch doesn't break the game, I'll just disable the story events in Zeal until the right time.

Will you also carry over the setting for the 1999 time destination via Epoch?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 21, 2019, 06:27:42 pm »
That one I can't do because certain side quests are required to get to the suite. But it's not so bad since both the life sparkle and the Coliseum can now be accessed earlier.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 08:17:21 am by ThegreatBen »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 03, 2019, 02:17:17 pm »
This hack has been a huge mess lately, the characters standing up after they're knocked out bug was corrupting my whole game as far back as version 2.0

I've taken a really old version and have been importing the changes a few at a time checking for corruption along the way, I'm 3/4 of the way done then I can play through and look for bugs.

I'm also working on improving the Nes difficulty patch as well, I've fixed the change party only at save points function it was supposed to have.

I also have to add in the option to keep the powered up pendant and get the Epoch early.