News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 87352 times)

2tack

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #460 on: July 24, 2018, 10:06:09 pm »
That's not a glitch, the game crashes if you sleep there with only one character so it won't work until you have 3

Gotcha. I am loving it so far. I'm fighting Nizbel for the second time and noticed I can use Spire with Frog and Chrono, yet I don't know Lightning 2. Not sure if that's by design or not. I'm guessing it's a side effect of you switching Life and Lightning 2 around?

I noticed the rats in 2300AD steal your tonics, when they're called potions, as well.

Outside of some obvious concessions with dialogue if Chrono isn't in the party every thing else so far is perfect. It made for a laugh when frog asked Robo if he's ready for some swordplay.

Will I naturally come across the event where Frog can challenge the Frog King to enable the Hero Medal full time without using an accessory slot?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 25, 2018, 11:50:48 am »
You can go back to his burrow any time after Magus is beaten, the other things are small oversights, I'll fix before the next release.

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 25, 2018, 09:22:12 pm »
Isn't it possible to put in a routine where you cannot sleep at that location until you have three in your party to prevent the crash?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 25, 2018, 09:25:14 pm »
That's what I did, however Mauron  has made a fix for it, so in the next release it will be usable before 3 characters

2tack

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 25, 2018, 09:49:57 pm »
Went back to Frog's little abode in 600 A.D. and then left without fighting the Frog King. Locked me to just Frog in the party, so I went to the End of Time to see if I could open the extra slots back up and it soft locked.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 25, 2018, 10:16:56 pm »
Went back to Frog's little abode in 600 A.D. and then left without fighting the Frog King. Locked me to just Frog in the party, so I went to the End of Time to see if I could open the extra slots back up and it soft locked.

I never expected anyone to leave without fighting him, I'll have to make a fix for that.

2tack

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 25, 2018, 10:46:54 pm »
I never expected anyone to leave without fighting him, I'll have to make a fix for that.

What can I say? I'm trying to find bugs. Haha.

ShiningForceHero

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 01, 2018, 06:58:06 pm »
It is fantastic to see this still going after all these years! I was wondering, are there any significant updates planned to release in the next month or so, or should I just dive into this now?

I wanted to mention that I fired it up to check out the intro additions. I was thinking that you may want to consider changing the Porre ferry dialogue to state that the ferry is going specifically to Choras. Obviously not a big deal, just something I noticed.

Anyway, very glad to see you still working on this project. I hope some of those maps I made all that time ago were of some use! I saw that the Reptite Village exists, though the basic map I made for that was pretty rough haha. Keep up the good work, and hope all has been well :)

-DK
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 07:05:32 pm by ShiningForceHero »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 01, 2018, 10:01:10 pm »
I fixed a few minor bugs but hardly worth a rerelease yet, with the exception of the 1999 overworld which I used the FoE one as a template all my maps were 100% my own design, actually I'm a little surprised someone else did a Reptite Village, I'd love to see your maps. (Unless you're Zakyrus in which case I believe you send me them but I got distracted and forgot about it)

ShiningForceHero

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 01, 2018, 10:36:32 pm »
I fixed a few minor bugs but hardly worth a rerelease yet, with the exception of the 1999 overworld which I used the FoE one as a template all my maps were 100% my own design, actually I'm a little surprised someone else did a Reptite Village, I'd love to see your maps. (Unless you're Zakyrus in which case I believe you send me them but I got distracted and forgot about it)

Unfortunately I do not believe I have any of the maps anymore, but if Zakyrus sent you anything, they may have been in there. I can take a look at some point and see what I can dig up though!

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 01, 2018, 10:44:30 pm »
Thanks I would be interested in that, almost feels like a waste to have empty map slots still in the rom.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:07:05 pm by ThegreatBen »

ShiningForceHero

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 01, 2018, 10:51:20 pm »
I sent you a PM with some info, hopefully you got it, if not I can send it again!

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 11, 2018, 07:24:37 pm »
So ShiningForceHero has given me a few of the maps that he drew, they're from Crimson Echoes so you know they're good quality, While I have plans for them I won't be doing anything with them right away, I'm using my free hacking time working on the 8th character project (Currently splitting the end of time) the sooner that project is ready the sooner I can have my human Glenn.

I did make a new readme for this project, at least one person wanted it so here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/al1suhflaepls6m/CT%20Plus%20readme.txt?dl=0

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 12, 2018, 12:05:57 pm »
So I had this idea I wanted to throw at you to see if it's possible or not, but would it be possible to create a abridged version of The Lost Sanctum and the Dimensional Vortex from the DS version? Since the SNES games has limited space, I figured if both extra dungeons were cut down in practical ways (and possibly even make both dungeons less of a slog since both were lazily made) that it could possibly fit right into this romhack?

Unless you have no intentions to add any DS dungeons, that is fine. I just wanted to share some ideas with you. :)

Hope your project is doing well.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 12, 2018, 12:13:35 pm »
There was room for them in their entirety in the virgin ROM, however I don't consider them worth taking up map spaces in this hack, especially when I could use that space to add some more locations to 1999

ShiningForceHero

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 13, 2018, 11:45:54 pm »
So I hit a bit of a road block: I went straight to prehistoric times as soon as I could (before even going to 1000 AD Medina), and if the game goes to the party select screen while I am in prehistory it gives me a black screen.

I avoided the black screen by just not go to the party select screen, but then when Ayla offers to join to help find the Gate Key, it forces a party select, so I currently cannot advance the story and retrieve the gate key.

EDIT: AAAAND now its not happening. False alarm!

A few bugs I caught:

-When Crono learns Wind Slash, the pop up says "Crono learned Wind"

-In the Prison escape, at the save point right before the Dragon Tank, there is a man that Lucca knocks out. You can loot him for 5 "Mid-Tonics," should be changed to Mid-Potions. This same NPC also triggers a dialogue with Lucca if you search him again, perhaps have the "Mighty Lucca" dialogue trigger first, and then also have the player receive the Mid-Potions, that way people won't miss it.

-The very first time Ayla joins, after choosing a party to go after the Gate key, Ayla says "C'mon Crono!" even if Crono is not in the team.

-When going after the Gate Key in prehistory, the bottom right tent has a man give Ayla "Tonic," should be potion.

-The dialogue when first finding Kino in the Forest Maze is a little garbled if Crono is not in the group. There was a lot of reference to "Crono's things" but then randomly they were referred to as "Robo's" things cause he was the lead. You may want to give that a look over.

So far I am having fun, awesome work! It is definitely interesting being able to go to prehistory ASAP!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:54:00 pm by ShiningForceHero »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 15, 2018, 07:09:44 am »
Ok these are no biggie, glad you're enjoying it.

ShiningForceHero

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 15, 2018, 12:37:17 pm »
I was thinking about something and had a suggestion:

When the prehistoric party starts, Ayla will speak to the crowd about Crono and his friends. However, if Crono is not in the group, then she never met him. Obviously this could have happened off screen, but I was thinking that something you could consider is adding a scene when the party goes to meet Ayla in the Chief's hut right before the party triggers. When the party goes to speak to Ayla, Crono could come walking in, the party leader could say something generic like "Crono! What are you doing here?" and Ayla could have her introduction with him then.

Another option would be to have Crono come falling in from the Mystic Mountain gate after the two battles occur, as the party is first meeting and naming Ayla. The party could say something like "I guess Crono couldn't resist coming to see the past!" Or something along those lines. Then the entire team could be present for the initial meeting, and it wouldn't seem out of place that Ayla just knows Crono already when throwing the party. After the team finishes meeting Ayla and she runs off to meet them at the village, switch to a party select screen and go from there.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 15, 2018, 04:07:31 pm »
Those aren't bad ideas but they would require a lot of work for something that already works pretty well.

The ideas that are planned for the future are..

-Full human Glenn
- Restoring Dorino village with the forest
- adding more locations to 1999 ( including more things affected by past quests)
- possibly allowing Frog or Ayla to be recruited slightly earlier.

ShiningForceHero

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 15, 2018, 04:52:30 pm »
Those aren't bad ideas but they would require a lot of work for something that already works pretty well.

The ideas that are planned for the future are..

-Full human Glenn
- Restoring Dorino village with the forest
- adding more locations to 1999 ( including more things affected by past quests)
- possibly allowing Frog or Ayla to be recruited slightly earlier.

Gotcha, those all sound cool :) I especially like the idea of Dorino village returning, I never liked that an entire village was just gone without any mention.