News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 83753 times)

andrewclunn

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #380 on: May 12, 2018, 11:06:09 pm »
Spekkio intro says, "You with the punk hairdo, you're lightning" even if Crono isn't in the party.

May 12, 2018, 11:11:56 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And a side effect of that is that it means that Crono is locked out of learning magic from then on (until a new game plus).

May 12, 2018, 11:21:07 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Got 1 horn       !

lots of blank spaces at the end of horn for some reason.  This was from an enemy so it's likely the item name itself.

May 12, 2018, 11:22:49 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
May want to check all those animal part items while you're there.

May 12, 2018, 11:25:27 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
You increased the number of animal parts needed to trade, but not what the guy says the cost is.  He still says 3 of 2 different things.  Might want to change that.

May 12, 2018, 11:38:46 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also, the names of the weapons he says he gives you don't match with the new item names.

May 12, 2018, 11:41:32 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Recommendation, don't have the race log carry over from new game plus.  It's the only special non-equipment item (other than animal parts) to do so, and now that it's in the treasure chest right by the jet bike, it sort of feels stupid to just collect a bunch of them.

May 12, 2018, 11:50:58 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Mom says "Crono you had me so worried, I heard you were to be executed dear"  But Crono isn't in my party.

May 13, 2018, 12:01:21 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
minor graphical glitch for leftmost party member after lavos shell killed me.

May 13, 2018, 09:18:30 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
600 ad chancellor talks to sir chrono about the legendary hero when he's not in my party.

May 13, 2018, 09:23:59 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Zenan bridge infinite loop.  "Magus troops have the advantage now.  YOu cannot win you must surrender."  Over and over.  Robo in the lead, no Crono.  Triggered by attempting to go left.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 09:23:59 am by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 13, 2018, 10:03:35 am »
I need more details on the “Lavos shell left character glitch” and what were the conditions for the Zenan bridge one? Had you already gotten the jerky and fed the troops? Did you have to reset? Who said the line?

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 13, 2018, 10:23:18 am »
I will email you details along with a save file to recreate it

May 13, 2018, 10:59:10 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
The current music menu stops the music from changing if using a non-MSU-1 capable emulator or the rom without the associated MSU files.  However if they are present and used, then the music does still change.

May 13, 2018, 11:01:35 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
email sent.  Let me know if you didn't get it.

May 13, 2018, 12:25:47 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
So two not bugs, but thoughts:

1) The optional run patch maybe should also update the text for the rat statue catch event.  As telling the player to press B to run is entirely inaccurate.

2) The new level scaling makes Marle's three healing spells completely pointless.  Cure (the first one) only costs 2 and due to the way that magic power and HP scale now, will almost always fully heal a party member.  Replacing Cure 2 with Cure on her tech track would make Aura not entirely useless, while also upping the cost of Cure to 3 instead of 2.  This would then leave her with a slot open where Cure currently is, which I think she should have, since as of right now she is by far the weakest character.  Could be magic wall, charm, heal, or something else.  As it stands, Lifeline is the only reason I can see to have Marle in my party ever.

May 13, 2018, 12:52:39 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Alright, game breaker.  I'm in the Rare Red Rock quest, with no way to get the Ayla event to trigger.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:52:39 pm by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 13, 2018, 03:47:26 pm »
Unfortunately save files dont seem to work for me for some reason, but I’m doing NG+ right now to try to duplicate all the problems you’ve mentioned, I’ve already fixed a few and taken your suggestions as well.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 13, 2018, 07:39:48 pm »
Unfortunately, until the "Can't trigger the Ayla event" bug is cleared up, I can't really test any more.  When it is fixed, I'll likely have to new game plus it again, but that's fine.  There were bound to be some issues with all the new open endedness and optional Crono stuff.  I really like the ability to sort out my own party how I see fit from early on.  Also felt really satisfying to have Lavos' shell kick my ass when I went in all cocky.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 13, 2018, 10:15:46 pm »
You wont have to start over, I managed to fix the all the bugs you mentioned so far with the exception that for some reason the Nes difficulty patch deletes the entire script for the Ioka rading hut, theres a good chance it didnt like me adding 84 commands to it looks like expensive trade items isnt gonna happen. Either way I’ll have it ready tomorrow afternoon

May 14, 2018, 08:33:27 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I decided to split the end of time into two maps before continuing, this will be necessary for the 8th character to work and less importantly allow Marle to keep Inky next to her at the end of time if she buys him in 1999.

It should hopefully still be ready tonight.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:33:27 pm by ThegreatBen »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2018, 09:12:04 pm »
Okay, so the Spekio Crono magic bug hasn't been fixed (try getting magic without Crono in your party and you'll see what I mean.  Crono is still seen as there and is then forever barred form getting magic that playthrough).

There's some weird interactions with Ayla if Crono isn't in your party with the opening scene where she's introduced.

The trading hut just soft locks the game now.

May 15, 2018, 10:42:52 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Odd that saving in the end of time now shows up as The Black Omen in the save file.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:42:52 pm by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 16, 2018, 05:43:27 pm »
Everything should be fixed now, except the End Time showing up as Black Omen, Mauron do you know how to make map 1C6 show up as the End of Time on the save screen?

The events apon arriving in 65,000,000 bc have been updated so Alya will react accordingly no matter who is in the party.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:08:48 pm by ThegreatBen »

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 16, 2018, 08:05:53 pm »
The Location save strings are at 0x3FD296, and each is half a byte. Divide the location number by two before adding it. If the Location number is even, it's the low nybble (0x0F). If it's odd, it's the high nybble (0xF0).

For 1C6, change 0x3FD379 from 66 to 67.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 16, 2018, 10:05:07 pm »
Yup that did it, thanks again. So with that I’ve successfully split the end of time between two maps, I’ll do the same for the 8thy project as soon as I get this bug free.

Shade Aurion

• Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #390 on: May 18, 2018, 06:37:03 am »
Literally every post in this thread is exciting. I check it daily and gad damn! I can't wait <3

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 18, 2018, 08:28:16 am »
Literally every post in this thread is exciting. I check it daily and gad damn! I can't wait <3

Thanks for the support, the lack of replies had me starting to think people had lost interest.

Also the credits after the Masamune movie in 1999 are all the people who have contributed to this project, but I may have forgotten a few, if you feel your name should be in there please let me know.

xeronut

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 18, 2018, 04:24:53 pm »
I check this thread every time I see a new reply.  I can't speak for any other lurkers out there but I have an appreciation for the teamwork involved in developing and testing stuff like this and, more importantly, I keep silent unless I have something relevant to the task at hand.  I'm definitely interested in your work and am very much anticipating a release.   :beer:

Shade Aurion

• Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #393 on: May 18, 2018, 10:13:43 pm »
Thanks for the support, the lack of replies had me starting to think people had lost interest.

Also the credits after the Masamune movie in 1999 are all the people who have contributed to this project, but I may have forgotten a few, if you feel your name should be in there please let me know.

Hell no man. Between you and Andrew bug testing it and the project near not just completion but bug tested completion, i'm hyped af
I have an old build running on a SNES Classic via retroarch and it runs fine but I don't want to play to far in because that version is about 6 months out of date and i've been looking forward to all of your proposed changed. Especially that Schala ending ;)

I can say with all honesty that I believe your hack to be the best version of Chrono Trigger to date <3

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 18, 2018, 11:47:37 pm »
As someone who played the crap out of the first release, I can tell you that this one has a lot more little extras that I keep coming across.  Should be able to get back to testing tomorrow.  RL got in the way there for a bit.  If I find a bug in anything that's outright spoiler territory I'll submit that via PM.

May 19, 2018, 10:41:00 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Soeckio tells me to run around the room.  I do so.  He goes back to introducing himself.  Nobody gets magic ever :-(

May 19, 2018, 11:44:58 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
"SO Ayla like" blank.  In Ayla intro.  Could just be set to "you" and would be fine.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:44:58 am by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 19, 2018, 01:55:53 pm »
I will check out the Spekkio thing when I get home, as for the Ayla line I’m not sure why it doesn’t have a period at the end but as far as I know thats the original line.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 19, 2018, 05:31:07 pm »
It used to have Crono at the end.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 19, 2018, 06:01:57 pm »
"Chrono Trigger Plus."

"Chrono Trigger Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch."

"Chrono Trigger: Complete."

Three great Chrono Trigger hacks with some different objectives...
Why do not you three join in a single project presenting the best of each other besides the things in common?

Think about it, okay?  :thumbsup:

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 19, 2018, 10:03:36 pm »
Hell no man. Between you and Andrew bug testing it and the project near not just completion but bug tested completion, i'm hyped af
I have an old build running on a SNES Classic via retroarch and it runs fine but I don't want to play to far in because that version is about 6 months out of date and i've been looking forward to all of your proposed changed. Especially that Schala ending ;)

I can say with all honesty that I believe your hack to be the best version of Chrono Trigger to date <3

Wow thanks.

"Chrono Trigger Plus."

"Chrono Trigger Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch."

"Chrono Trigger: Complete."

Three great Chrono Trigger hacks with some different objectives...
Why do not you three join in a single project presenting the best of each other besides the things in common?

Think about it, okay?  :thumbsup:

Chronosplit did give me some corrections to make and I have fixed at least a few vanilla bugs, but merging entire patches together is pretty tricky, however if the authors wanna make part of their work compatible I’d be up for it.

I forgot to fix the Ayla text thing in the patch I sent Andrewclunn, I really hope spekkio is fixed his script is really full and doesn’t like being messed with.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 20, 2018, 01:49:19 am »
:(  Well now he doesn't do the intro about magic anymore.  So it works, but it's not ideal.  I mean I don't care about the "three times around the room bit"  That was a gimmick anyways, but the whole "These are the elements" talk is semi important.

May 20, 2018, 01:58:54 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
My mammo tusk still claimed to be a flint edge from the trading post.  Oh and you changed the price back to 3 of an item, so you should change the test back to say as much as well.

May 20, 2018, 02:02:18 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also, should it be possible to get Ayla before the bridge?  I've gotten the red rock, but don't know if and when I should be able to recruit her for reals.  Feel free to PM me the answer to avoid spoilers.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 02:02:18 am by andrewclunn »