News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 59086 times)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #300 on: October 18, 2017, 12:52:47 pm »
Chrono is still going to have to go to the factory, watching Joseph's videos shows that it is a huge mess if he is not is the lead, so for a few spots like the prison break and the factory he will still be forced in the lead.

As for the factory being able to skip half of it just shortens an already short game, it would be like being able to skip Flea and Slash and just go straight into the middle door in Magus' castle, however since he helped out quite a bit with bug reports and ideas I'll compromise and make it optional on a low level game and ng+
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:44:11 pm by ThegreatBen »

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 18, 2017, 02:15:59 pm »
llg?

Joseph Lithius

• Lv. 34 K-176 Unit
    • View Profile
    • JosephLithius @ Tumblr
« Reply #302 on: October 18, 2017, 04:08:10 pm »
Chrono is still going to have to go to the factory, watching Joseph's videos shows that it is a huge mess if he is not is the lead, so for a few spots like the prison break and the factory he will still be forced in the lead.
You... do know that's fixable, right?  It's just a matter of making sure the correct trigger is triggering the correct thing, when activated.  However, making Crono an optional character will still require a bit of work, between editing and playtesting.  Which is exactly why it's on the "wild ambitions" part of my "things I'd like to do/seen done" list, for Chrono Trigger.  Hee hee.
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
-=( http://josephlithius.tumblr.com )=-

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2017, 11:30:22 pm »

As for the factory being able to skip half of it just shortens an already short game, it would be like being able to skip Flea and Slash and just go straight into the middle door in Magus' castle, however since he helped out quite a bit with bug reports and ideas I'll compromise and make it optional on a low level game and ng+

I just had an evil idea.  Want to recreate that first play through experience?  Change the password.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 20, 2017, 12:42:09 am »
How about a random password?

Joseph Lithius

• Lv. 34 K-176 Unit
    • View Profile
    • JosephLithius @ Tumblr
« Reply #305 on: October 20, 2017, 12:44:29 pm »
A random password?  That seems simple enough to code...  I'd actually coded an RNG script for piano-playing Kilwala hanging out in the Snail Stop, before, to let him play literally any song in the game, at-random (how he does so using only a piano is beyond me)... so, I can't imagine this would be much different.  There would just be more coding involved.

See, the way I'd do it is... at the start of every game, a random number would be generated and set into a counter.  When you get to the Factory, the computers that tell you and receive the password would read the number from the counter and spit out one of X number of lines -- one of which being the classic "Zabie" password.  The complicated part of this would come in actually programming the security computer to recognize and accept the inputs... but, I don't guess it would be that complicated, really.  Just a matter of "if X = Y then go to Z" sort of events.  But, that might go beyond the scope of the hack, so...
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
-=( http://josephlithius.tumblr.com )=-

Made in China

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 20, 2017, 01:40:07 pm »
The number of permutations on that would be very large - you'd better high level it. Generate 4 3 bit numbers - each corresponding to a button (A, B, X, Y, L, R + 2 extra repetitions), and then print the corresponding button in the text. You'll also have to check for that exact same button in from the text for the trigger.

I'm against this idea because of, well, why? Introducing more RNG for that small portion doesn't really contribute to anything. But if you do it, it's best you do it well.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 20, 2017, 02:35:07 pm »
Oh my god, who the hell cares!

No offence.

tvtoon

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 21, 2017, 10:21:23 am »
Instead of wasting time in a useless password system, why not bring up the DS version arena or something like that. That would make the game ready for any kind of challenge. ;)

I remember getting items like the Wallet before venturing into battles.

mufasaa

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2017, 01:17:43 pm »
Here's some custom pics I just did real quick if anybody is wanting them, I did it for my xbox to show up.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5W8H8XYOsVdXJlS3B5bElOV2M

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5W8H8XYOsVYWdBcGNpeTMzUms

Does anybody happen to have a save file for this game? I was wanting to make gameplay footage when exploring 1999AD
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:12:20 pm by mufasaa »

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 28, 2017, 03:17:06 am »
Here's some custom pics I just did real quick if anybody is wanting them, I did it for my xbox to show up.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5W8H8XYOsVdXJlS3B5bElOV2M

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5W8H8XYOsVYWdBcGNpeTMzUms

Does anybody happen to have a save file for this game? I was wanting to make gameplay footage when exploring 1999AD
Those look nice! The title screen looks better than the box art, but with a nice blending filter applied to a higher quality scan it would really good too.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 29, 2017, 02:35:21 pm »
@mauron do you have any idea why the party follow is all messed up if Luca is leading when Frog joins?

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 29, 2017, 05:08:09 pm »
It's possible that the move to PC command used in Frog's grouping is setting him oddly.

Try removing ObjFollow(PC0, Once) in Frog's object and adding a MoveParty that lines them up one tile apart two lines lower.
Mauron wuz here.

Axiphel

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 29, 2017, 06:50:46 pm »
Damn Gato just fisted Crono and Marle. He 2 shot us! End game boss status.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 29, 2017, 08:00:59 pm »
I didn't want people getting 15 silver points at level 1 just by mashing A, he is quite manageable at level 3-4.

Axiphel

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 29, 2017, 10:21:47 pm »
That's cool I just wasn't expecting it. Also, your hack includes MSU-1 already but it seems like it lacks the ability to show the FMVs.  :huh:

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2017, 08:17:48 am »
Yes Qwertymodo asked me not to include them until they are ready, they'll be in future releases though.

qwertymodo

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 31, 2017, 12:09:34 am »
If anybody wants to help speed up the release of the FMV's, what I really need is somebody with CUDA (or other GPGPU library) programming experience.  Trying to fine-tune the best conversion algorithm on a scene-by-scene basis when each frame re-draw is 15+ seconds on some of the algorithms is... frustratingly tedious.   :banghead:

And that's to say nothing of the actual full render time once I get everything set up right...  I think it was over 6 hours with the fastest, most naive reduction algorithm.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 31, 2017, 05:15:55 am »
That's cool I just wasn't expecting it. Also, your hack includes MSU-1 already but it seems like it lacks the ability to show the FMVs.  :huh:
Not really that big a problem.

Ben, just finished the game. Had a blast! The 1999 extra's were very interesting. Looking forward to the expanded stuff you hinted at!

Axiphel

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 31, 2017, 10:17:18 am »
Not really that big a problem.

I didn't really say it was.