News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 466610 times)

andrewclunn

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2017, 08:27:44 pm »
At some point could you make another save and learn magic? Just to make sure there are no complications in learning it late.

Will do.  I just got Shock with Robo, so I can FINALLY beat Nizbel.

EDIT -

I can recreate the y swap party freeze bug.  Load a saved game at the end of time.  Travel via warp to banger dome.  Try switching party members using Y.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:36:46 pm by andrewclunn »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2017, 11:41:29 pm »
EDIT -

I can recreate the y swap party freeze bug.  Load a saved game at the end of time.  Travel via warp to banger dome.  Try switching party members using Y.

I had that bug too. It only seemed to occur in certain areas though. When playing I never knew if swapping members was going to freeze the game or not but most of the time I was safe.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2017, 02:25:15 am »
It's not officially released here yet but I have released it on the gamefaqs Chrono Trigger board, for people that want to play test it, the relevant link is in post 25 of the topic " Chrono Trigger plus"

Once I'm convinced it's bug free it'll be released here.

There will be further releases with more stuff later on, including the Schala ending but summer is too short to be hacking.
Got it, gonna give it a go!

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2017, 10:07:47 am »
Doing as much out of order as possible to test things.  Don't know what this accessory does though because it has no description (got from the alternate path for Johnny with the metal mutants).  Also, when you beat the reptite in the village that says "Not on my watch" in the market there's a graphical glitch fro the guy behind the counter.

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2017, 10:32:50 pm »
Doing as much out of order as possible to test things.  Don't know what this accessory does though because it has no description (got from the alternate path for Johnny with the metal mutants).  Also, when you beat the reptite in the village that says "Not on my watch" in the market there's a graphical glitch fro the guy behind the counter.
I saw the Shop battle glitch too.

FYI Everyone, this patch requires a unheadered ROM, IE headerless. Just a heads up.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2017, 11:33:58 pm »
I noticed the reptite shop glitch but was too lazy to fix it, but since it's something everyone is going to see I'll have to fix it.

The Seraph song accessory gives you mp regen

Even doing what you said I still have never gotten the Y menu glitch, it has to be the emulator, I use qwertymodo's version of snes9x.

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2017, 12:12:27 am »
I saw the character switch issue in Proto Dome. It hits an endless loop at $CC/4563 in non-MSU-1 supporting emulators. Other locations do not use this code when loading the exchange menu. I'll pass this on.
Mauron wuz here.

qwertymodo

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2017, 01:16:46 am »
I'll need somebody to send me the exact patch you're using and a save file (.srm would be best so I can test in different emulators).  I've made some changes to my code since I sent it to TheGreatBen, $CC/4563 in my current code is right in the middle of the register pop list before the return at the end of the NMI routine, basically no way that could possibly cause an endless loop.  It's also the main return path that would get hit by every emulator, MSU-1 or not.  So I'm obviously looking at the wrong code.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2017, 07:21:09 am »
I saw the Shop battle glitch too.

FYI Everyone, this patch requires a unheadered ROM, IE headerless. Just a heads up.

Similar big with the gurus after beating the sun stone guardian before the golem fight.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2017, 01:10:12 pm »
How the hell did you beat the guardian before getting the red plate on a new game?

I sent Qwertymodo the patch but I'll need someone to send him an srm since mine are empty for some reason.

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2017, 01:26:53 pm »
Well... that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  The code is the same as mine, and it doesn't appear to be a conflict with Temporal Flux trying to use the same empty space.  Mauron, what emulator are you using that allowed you to determine that address (implying a debugger) but that doesn't have MSU-1 support?  I *might* be able to reproduce it with bsnes-plus and a no-msu manifest, but I'm not sure, and I'll still need an .srm (and instructions on exactly how to trigger it).

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2017, 02:06:53 pm »
Sorry, I had a headache last night, and posted the wrong address. I triggered it in Geiger's SNES9x, but the error was at $CC/45A4. The code I'm seeing is waiting on $7E:2143, instead of the APU register.

My save was copied from an unaltered Chrono Trigger ROM - It worked well enough for loading the End of Time for testing, but someone else can probably provide a better one.

In certain locations, opening the exchange menu will cause the glitch. Proto Dome works, at least when arriving by gate. It has to do with the palettes loading in that location, some of which carry over from old location.
Mauron wuz here.

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 24, 2017, 03:18:33 pm »
Ok, that address could DEFINITELY do it.  That code is waiting for a song to start, and it's a direct copy of the original code that was supposed to be executed there, which leads me to believe that something ELSEWHERE isn't falling back properly (i.e. the song that's supposed to be playing isn't getting loaded, so the code that is waiting for it never completes).

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2017, 04:11:19 pm »
There's a slight but significant difference between your code and the original.
Original:
Code: [Select]
$C2/CBE0 AF 43 21 00 LDA $002143[$00:2143]
Modified:
Code: [Select]
$CC/45A4 AD 43 21    LDA $2143  [$7E:2143]
Switching the modified code to use long addressing worked smoothly. Here's the save file from the original game I was using for testing.
Mauron wuz here.

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2017, 05:27:01 pm »
I suspected as much.  It's not the first time I've been bitten by the bank register :P

Completely untested, but give this a try (apply on top of your already patched Chrono Trigger Plus ROM)

https://dl.qwertymodo.com/chrono_msu_fallback_freeze_fix.ips

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2017, 06:38:02 pm »
Thanks guys, I'll have someone test this right away.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 24, 2017, 06:57:34 pm »
How the hell did you beat the guardian before getting the red plate on a new game?

I sent Qwertymodo the patch but I'll need someone to send him an srm since mine are empty for some reason.

Grinding metal mutants in the future from the alternate path of the Johnny race, fire resistant armor from the animal pats shop in the distant past, Robo using heal beam exclusively every turn.

XModxGodX

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2017, 04:52:15 pm »
Don't know if this counts as a bug but Frog and Crono get Spire when Crono gets Life as opposed to Lightning2.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 26, 2017, 01:34:31 pm »
Don't know if this counts as a bug but Frog and Crono get Spire when Crono gets Life as opposed to Lightning2.

No not a bug just an oversight on my part, I'll fix it before next release.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2017, 12:57:49 pm »
Well I made it through without too many other issues.  Haven't tested the side quests (going to do that on a New Game+ run because despite being level 82, there's just some I cannot do without magic), so I'll do another run where I recruit Magus and use him to make sure I can do all the side quests.  Lavos shell always being as powerful as it is totally makes the no Epoch endings more plausible choices for new players, speed runs, etc.  Basically Robo is what makes no magic runs viable.