News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 193271 times)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #880 on: September 01, 2019, 10:03:21 pm »
Think the patch is bugged I get a black screen after renaming Chrono, last version was working fine.

Weird,  I just tested it thoroughly and couldn't get it to black out, the only reasons why it might are

You're using an old optional patch that is no longer compatible.

Emulator or hardware cant handle it? I use Snes9X

Might just be the wrong rom version. (Unlikely)

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 01, 2019, 11:27:26 pm »
- Just using your base patch, no other optional patches. (After patching, CRC32: 630F1A4E)
- No-Intro, clean, unheadered. (Before patching, CRC32: 2D206BF7)
- SNES9X 1.60.

xeronut

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 02, 2019, 09:27:15 am »
I'm getting the same error, after naming Crono the screen blacks out.  Same ROM CRC (NO-INTRO, unheadered, 2D206BF7) & patch version (newest 2.1, file mistakenly still named 2.0) as above.  Tested on SNES9x 1.60 x64 as well as Mednafen 1.22.2 and BSNES-HD Beta 9, all give the same result.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 02, 2019, 10:14:15 am »
No it not just you guys, my rom works fine but when I apply the patch to a fresh rom I get the same black screen. It comes from messing with overworld events, those things are so fickle.

I've fixed the issue I'll let you know when its approved

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 02, 2019, 11:59:16 am »
Is there an up to date readme or documentation for this hack somewhere I can read? I like to comb over every detail for hacks of this nature, but the one on the site don't provide any info and seems outdated, it mentions 3 optional patches for example but the download only contains two.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #885 on: September 02, 2019, 07:51:33 pm »
The readme is pretty up to date, it doesn't include every detail about 1999 though.

BTW the latest update is up, hopefully no one discovers any more black screens.

xeronut

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 03, 2019, 08:46:50 am »
Patch v2.1 (v2.1.1?) has been applied to a fresh ROM and the issue seems to be fixed.  If I find more wonkiness I'll post, but honestly your testing team seems top-notch so I'll comb the comments first before issuing a bug report.  Thank you for a speedy fix!

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 03, 2019, 05:06:11 pm »
Patch v2.1 (v2.1.1?) has been applied to a fresh ROM and the issue seems to be fixed.  If I find more wonkiness I'll post, but honestly your testing team seems top-notch so I'll comb the comments first before issuing a bug report.  Thank you for a speedy fix!

Thanks for that confirmation, I hate the idea that a few people downloaded this and just got a black screen.

crudelios

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 04, 2019, 06:00:12 am »
I finally beat the game (busy weekend), so I'll write a review and post it.

I've had some new bugs that weren't yet reported, however I'm still using the initial v2.0 and I'd like to check if the bugs were fixed in the new versions.

Are the .srm save files (not the save states) compatible between veesions?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 04, 2019, 06:57:45 am »
Yup they should be, what bugs did you find?

ChaosPrime8

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 04, 2019, 07:15:07 am »
tldr, is 1999 fully explorable now and if so are there some sample videos demonstrating what is being added?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 04, 2019, 07:56:24 am »
Yes 1999 is fully explorable now, here's a teaser video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I3SULxIfqwU

The two most recent videos on my channel show off some of the cool things you can do there.

crudelios

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 04, 2019, 08:05:17 am »
The bugs I found: in the normal ending (the one where Chrono is supposed to be executed but instead is considered a hero and has the Moonlight Parade dedicated to him), after Chrono and Marle run off for the Epoch and Taban launches the fireworks, the game softlocks.

The fireworks show but the game never displays the credits, so the ending becomes stuck constantly throwing fireworks on a black screen.

The other bug is in the arcade room in Medina. When entering it, the game either crashes to a black screen with the music playing or changes the party members from Crono, Marle and Lucca to Marle, Lucca and Ayla. This last one may have something to do with the way I hacked the party members when I got stuck in the Blackbird.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 04, 2019, 09:10:57 am »
I vaguely remember hearing something about that, but it might be related to the MSU-1

The Arcade was crashing a while back, I thought I had fixed it, I'll see if I can duplicate it.

The party shuffling is because I tied the events of the arcade games to those characters because they are guaranteed to be in the party.

crudelios

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 04, 2019, 03:44:01 pm »
About the ending softlock, yes, it seems to be an MSU1 issue that was fixed with the most recent version of quertymodo's hack.

Can the new version be implemented to your hack or is it too much of a hassle because of the added code?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 04, 2019, 04:34:09 pm »
For Qwertymodo's hack to work I need the special No Flux version however he is no longer answering my messages.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 06, 2019, 02:50:09 am »
Just found this hack after it was linked to in the Zeldix Chrono Trigger MSU thread, commenting how MSU support was recently added.

Looks like this hack adds a few music tracks into the game... Are there MSU tracks available for those tracks? And if not, does it still play the SPC of the new tracks in the areas where they play?

If there's no MSU tracks available for them at present, have those songs had CD releases and/or orchestrations done of them? I'd be willing to convert the tracks to PCM, and properly loop them, if that's needed, I'd just have to get ahold of a copy of the music to convert.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 06, 2019, 09:12:09 am »
Battle 2 is not supported as far as I know, Singing mountain I think is.

Sorry I don't know much about the msu-1, I was just given it by a patch.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 06, 2019, 11:43:41 am »
If completing Ozzie's fort early, should Magus then come in having access to the triple techs if recruited later?

EDIT -

Of of course he already had access to them, I was playing on New Game Plus, duh.

crudelios

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 06, 2019, 04:33:52 pm »
I just confirmed, the Medina Arcade still hangs in v2.1 :-\
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 05:16:47 pm by crudelios »