News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 192388 times)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #840 on: August 22, 2019, 12:06:26 pm »
I'm more of a chocolate milk man myself but I do pass through there occasionally,  So I might just take you up on that.

Oh also how did you like it with all characters leveling at the same rate?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 12:44:59 pm by ThegreatBen »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 22, 2019, 02:46:54 pm »
I'm more of a chocolate milk man myself but I do pass through there occasionally,  So I might just take you up on that.

Oh also how did you like it with all characters leveling at the same rate?

If I'm being honest, I would actually prefer if the experience gained was reduced slightly across the board, but characters not in your party gained slightly more experience.  Considering that being in party gives Tech points anyways, I think that would give an incentive to have to keep switching up the party members more.  Not so much that's it's blatantly obvious, but if the end result were that characters in party effectively got 90% of the current exp and out of party got 100% (or actually probably easier to do 99% via a 10% boost), that would be better.  And then for the NES difficulty patch, I'd give out of party characters absolutely 0 experience.  It's almost heresy to suggest either I know, but there you go.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #842 on: August 22, 2019, 04:01:08 pm »
Amazing work! I haven't gotten around to playing much of version 2.0 yet, but so far everything looks great. This is something that I'm definitely going to be playing during the upcoming weekend. Nicely done! :thumbsup:

If I could chime in here for a moment, I actually like the idea of all characters being at the same level and gaining equal experience even outside of battle. For casual gamers and those who are usually busy, it reduces the stress of having to constantly switch between active and benched characters. A player can just play with whom they like and enjoy the game. However, I do understand what's being said about giving the player an incentive. Perhaps two alternative patches could be offered. The original one with equal experience gained and an alternate one with different values.

I haven't gotten to the part with the helper AI yet, but it definitely looked awesome in the previous video. The "Bugger" and "Proto" robotic type enemies could also make for nice AI controlled companions. Well regardless, this project and that of the Schala Edition are definitely the two best must play romhacks I've seen so far. Great work once again, this is a truly amazing tribute to one of the best games of all time. :beer:
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

pleasejust

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 22, 2019, 05:48:31 pm »
Great work. Does this patch include all the bug fixes uncensored material from the bugfixes and uncensored patch?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 22, 2019, 08:30:23 pm »
Not all, but it definitely fixes vanilla bugs and a few grammatical errors.

crudelios

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 24, 2019, 03:35:44 pm »
Hi,

First of all, great work! This hack looks to be trully huge and adds a lot of fan flavoring to the game. I'm really enjoying it.

During my play so far I have seen three very small bugs during battle transitions (I don't know if they are caused by the hack), I'll try to explain them in case you want to check them out.

The first bug is very straightforward: right after using the teleporter for the first time (and before Marle tries using it), you can walk right through Lucca's father - but you can still talk to him if you position yourself properly.

The second bug happened in Guardia Forest at 600AD. There is a place with two hidden treasures (the shiny blinking dots). One of them lures some enemies (it's a trap) and the other has a power tab.

On my playthrough I checked for the one that lures some enemies first, which started a battle. When the battle ended, the sprite for the other hidden treasure briefly showed "Miss 89" instead of the shiny dot for about a second then reverted back to the shiny dot.

The last bug happened at the Cathedral where you rescue Queen Leene. There is a spot in the main hall where you have to fight two Nagas and they call two other enemies (called Devils, perhaps?). The Nagas stay at the top of the screen and the two Devils at the bottom.

However, when transitioning to the battle the bottom right Devil glitched out and disappeared. After I killed the other three enemies and the battle ended the Devil reappeared, but couldn't be interacted with.

For reference I'm using the 64-bit version of Retroarch for Android with the Snes9x core.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 24, 2019, 06:35:49 pm »
The first isn't a big as far as I know, Taban should always have been that way.

The second I know what causes it but I'm not sure why, the only change ever made to that map was adding my drone which should have no effect on that tab.

The third is caused by adding my drone, I tried to disable one enemy so as not to exceed the maximum limit but goofed it a little I guess.

Thanks for the report though and I'll do what I can.

pleasejust

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 24, 2019, 11:48:41 pm »
doesn't the drone make the game easier?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 25, 2019, 08:08:09 am »
doesn't the drone make the game easier?

Yes it does.

crudelios

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 26, 2019, 01:18:25 pm »
Thanks for the feedback!

Here's another bug: if you go back to the Millennial Fair after having been to the End of Time, and walk to the left teleporter, the game will softlock and after about a minute a glitched Lucca will appear, walk around and disappear. The only solution is to reset the game.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 26, 2019, 09:56:54 pm »
Here's another bug: if you go back to the Millennial Fair after having been to the End of Time, and walk to the left teleporter, the game will softlock and after about a minute a glitched Lucca will appear, walk around and disappear. The only solution is to reset the game.
I tried this, couldn't make it happen.
EDIT: Ok, went back to a previous save and this does happen when that spot is visited just after coming back from the End Of Time but before going anywhere else. I had Lucca in my party, she did nothing but stand there. Reset required.

On another note, @thegreatben
Thought on a potential idea, have you given consideration to combining the features of the Schala mod( http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4583/ ) into yours?
The olde english speak in 600AD is particularly enjoyable and would fit very well into this work. Maybe a collaboration effort?

Chrono Trigger Plus Schala Edition has a nice ring to it.

Just a thought...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:08:01 am by lexluthermiester »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 27, 2019, 07:18:57 am »
That's an odd bug. Sounds like a flag isn't reset, probably related to the short scene I added.

As for combining this with the Schala hack the whole thing certainly wouldn't fit, but the 600 a.d olde English certainly could. And thanks for the favorable review.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 27, 2019, 08:04:58 am »
That's an odd bug. Sounds like a flag isn't reset, probably related to the short scene I added.

As for combining this with the Schala hack the whole thing certainly wouldn't fit, but the 600 a.d olde English certainly could. And thanks for the favorable review.
Fair enough, it was just an idea. The review was an honest one. Been having a blast!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:39:43 am by lexluthermiester »

crudelios

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 28, 2019, 08:35:15 am »
I have found another small bug: in the new secret area in the kingdom of Zeal, when you fight the Prophet, if you hit him with the Masamune the displayed message will be "null" instead of "MP Def down".

Also, having just rescued Melchior, how far away am I from 1999AD? ;)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 28, 2019, 09:05:12 am »
You can get to 1999 as soon as you have the flying Epoch, you just need to go to the coliseum in 2300.

However more of 1999 becomes more accessible as you do side quests.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #855 on: August 28, 2019, 12:22:23 pm »
Since it's an option now, I never tested fighting Magus at the cape with the MasamuneII.  Or in fact doing the Cyrus side quest prior to beating / recruiting Magus.  just noting this to remind myself this weekend (which is when I'll have some free time to check).

crudelios

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 28, 2019, 01:46:10 pm »
I think I hit a major bug: after the Ocean Palace events I can only select two members to my party. The third slot is disabled.

I guess because of that, in the Blackbird prison, if I try to budge the cell door the game softlocks.

I can still go to the ship's ducts but I'm limited to two party members!

During the Ocean Palace I had Crono, Frog and Marle as party members.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 28, 2019, 03:11:30 pm »
I think I hit a major bug: after the Ocean Palace events I can only select two members to my party. The third slot is disabled.

I guess because of that, in the Blackbird prison, if I try to budge the cell door the game softlocks.

I can still go to the ship's ducts but I'm limited to two party members!

During the Ocean Palace I had Crono, Frog and Marle as party members.

That looks similar to an issue I had where Robo was required to be in the party, but not in the first slot (which was later corrected).  Was Crono in your party, but not in the first slot when he met his fate?

crudelios

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 28, 2019, 03:23:03 pm »
Yes, he was in the first slot, but the now disabled slot is the last one.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 28, 2019, 03:39:01 pm »
Damn, that qualifies as a major bug.

Its caused by the last village scene where I made all current characters present.

Ok I'll get a fix out soon as I can