News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 155620 times)

Mauron

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #760 on: July 07, 2019, 05:50:48 pm »
Magus was a combination of issues on my end. The current version wasn't adding or removing the uncompressed monster hack properly, and my code was branching wrong if Magus's sprite packet was used. I posted an update to fix both issues. Disable and reenable the hack to fix it.
Mauron wuz here.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 07, 2019, 06:38:00 pm »
Entering Kajar's secret room gets me instantly stuck.

July 07, 2019, 06:48:02 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Talking to somebody and then deciding not to take them works fine for Crono, but is a bit weird for all other characters.

July 07, 2019, 06:49:05 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also man are those stairs to the bedroom buggy

July 07, 2019, 07:36:34 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
The name fix works!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:36:34 pm by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 07, 2019, 07:46:57 pm »
Magus wasn't fixed? I didnt actually check him, I just assumed he was fixed when the R-Series was fixed.

I'll apply Maurons fix and take a look at Kajar.

Thanks for the report.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 07, 2019, 08:34:42 pm »
Ummmm... why did I just auto-beat the Lavos shell when I got to that part in the Ocean Palace?

July 07, 2019, 08:37:56 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I've verified that when I go to Lavos via the right telepod new game plus gate, it's still there as per normal.

July 07, 2019, 08:45:33 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Ummm, I wasn't expecting the developer room ending when I beat the game in the Ocean Palace...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 08:45:33 pm by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 07, 2019, 08:45:57 pm »
Well that's not good, I really hate when I have to deal with Lavos' script.

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 08, 2019, 09:15:33 pm »
Ummm, I wasn't expecting the developer room ending when I beat the game in the Ocean Palace...
This one is normal. The other issue sounds like a goto is pointed wrong.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 08, 2019, 09:24:02 pm »
This one is normal. The other issue sounds like a goto is pointed wrong.

In my hack it's supposed to go to my new 'Save Zeal' ending which is triggered by an item dropped by OP Lavos, the problem was I deleted a bunch of objects from the script without adjusting a sprite priority command.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 09, 2019, 02:49:59 pm »
EDIT - This post contains lots of spoilers regarding an ongoing hack.  You've been warned.

My apologies for the delay.  I should be able to do some testing this evening.  I'm not going to be testing the endings in this run through.  I'm saving that for the new game plus second run through, when I'll also be testing to see if the speed boost enables me to break anything, doing the extra Zeal stuff, and all that.  This first run is about testing all existing content, non-optional new segments, and end game side quests through to completion.

If you want my feedback regarding balance I'd say that the game is a bit harder without power leveling (which is good), but holy hell that Dino Tank!  So much luck involved, even if you know exactly what you're doing.  That's the only fight I might consider nerfing slightly based on the new growth scheme (and Crono rightly not being so OP anymore) because I had to go grind in the prison (not exactly an efficient or fun place to do so) to stand a chance.

I'm loving many of the subtle script changes I'm seeing (Azala I'm looking at you).  Well done.  Though there were two places where I noticed some odd things.  I would consider changing "humanoid" as a base description for Lavos, with "It looks almost human" or something more generic, as it's entirely possible to enter that fight with no character who would ever use that term.  I'll do a much closer reading of the script for any weird things I notice on the second play through.  Thank you for making all the items have real descriptions that specify what they do.  It's such a minor, but nice to have bit of polish.

This really does feel like a much improved version, which allows for more variety in party choice, so that it's really a question of which three and not Crono and which other two.  I think Marle's haste spell impacting the whole party really makes her a much more viable party member.  Also the non-Crono triple techs being unlockable without needing to take up an accessory slot.  Having names carry over from one playthrough to the next (as well as money) are ace choices.  The Special Johnny only weapon has to be my favorite little easter egg; almost feels SYmphony of the Nightish in how that item is uniquely found / works.  That I still have all the new end game content left to try and test has my psyched!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:57:00 pm by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 09, 2019, 03:42:09 pm »
Thanks, that's exactly what I was aiming for with this hack.

I suppose it wouldn't be too bad to take some oomph out of the dragon tank, it is only the second boss.

The speed shoes will probably have to be reduced just a little, every now and then they outrun the screen and crash.

Magus is still buggy in the last version I sent you, hopefully Mauron knows what's up.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 03:57:02 pm by ThegreatBen »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 10, 2019, 02:37:37 am »
Kajar is fixed, Lavos not so much.  I don't see Lavos' face when the battle begins, but instead a droid, which then vanishes and it's treated like I just beat Lavos.

July 10, 2019, 02:42:44 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Everyone's bed situation is good, except Frog's.

July 10, 2019, 02:51:34 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Fighting Lavos from the bucket causes a graphical glitch when I win.  People aren't huffing and puffing from a tough battle, they're sprites are garbbled.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:51:34 am by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 10, 2019, 08:24:40 am »
Ok guess I have more work than I thought.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 11, 2019, 11:12:39 pm »
Lavos works, but Magus is still busted.  Time to test the end game content.  I'm going to do this run with Magus, and do new game plus without him.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 12, 2019, 05:32:14 am »
Don't worry about Magus, I just didn't have time do use the fix properly.

I also forgot to fix Frog's animations at the EoT.

If you want to know anything about 1999 just PM me and I'll help you out though I can't send a patch until Monday.

July 12, 2019, 09:40:39 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also if you're using the msu-1 tracks keep a save before powering up the Masamune, there's a music bug there but I might be able to fix it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 09:40:39 am by ThegreatBen »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 12, 2019, 10:02:25 am »
I wasn't using MSU-1 for this playthrough.  I will when doing New Game Plus.

July 13, 2019, 05:59:23 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Ozzie still calls me Magus (end game side quest), even if I've changed the name... was this a bug in the base game too?

July 13, 2019, 06:34:56 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I'm of the opinion that the Siren's Kiss SHOULD carry over for new game plus, since it's Marle's second best weapon.

July 13, 2019, 06:37:10 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
When I got the Red Sparrow it referenced the Kali blade powering up, but it should have been the Onimaru

July 13, 2019, 06:51:09 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
This is a feature request, but it's so simple for such a big payoff that I almost think it's mandatory.  Replace the Wallet with some consumable in the future and make it obtainable very early on (like in Yakra's hideout or something).  This would allow for low level playthroughs, plus by enabling such low level players to be amassing money faster, they could maybe purchase the overpriced stuff from the anti-human mystic shopkeeper, enabling them to push the low level run even further.  And besides, by the time people get the wallet normally, money is practically useless anyways.

July 13, 2019, 06:58:02 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I got the "The King basically murder your mother by ignoring her" speech (which I had already gotten) when I went back to the present castle after retrieving the rainbow shell in the Middle Ages.

July 13, 2019, 07:12:56 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Talking to the Old Man about Crono's death brings back the end of time doorway black screen bug.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 07:12:56 am by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 13, 2019, 07:26:09 am »
Everyone in the middle ages calls him by his title "Magus" regardless of his name, it just seemed really weird that they used to call him by whatever name you gave him.

Siren's Kiss? Sure, the Valkyrie is much stronger now anyway.

The Wallet thing seems reasonable.

You mean you got the scene from going in with Jerky then again from the Rainbow shell? That's weird I never changed anything there.

So the screen goes black after the conversation when you leave and try to reenter?

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 13, 2019, 10:33:26 am »
Everyone in the middle ages calls him by his title "Magus" regardless of his name, it just seemed really weird that they used to call him by whatever name you gave him.

Really?  Because I've seen numerous people refer to him as Janus in the Middle Ages (which is what I named him).

You mean you got the scene from going in with Jerky then again from the Rainbow shell? That's weird I never changed anything there.

Hold off on this one.  I'm going to do some more testing to give you a better idea of what's happening.

So the screen goes black after the conversation when you leave and try to reenter?

Yeah, I leave and half expect him to say "Hey" as I'm walking away.  But if I re-enter the room when I leave the bar area... black screen.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 13, 2019, 11:07:34 am »
Ok, I want everyone to call him Magus in the middle ages for consistency sake.

Ok I have an idea what's up with that, the "Hey" trigger was probably never relocated on the new map so the story doesn't advance properly.

Unfortunately no testing can be done until Monday.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 18, 2019, 10:50:27 am »
More testing to happen this weekend, sorry for the delay.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 18, 2019, 03:35:10 pm »
Last few reported bugs are finally fixed including Magus.

As per request the Wallet can be obtained in Truce at the very start of the game.

Also working on some options to allow shortcuts during Ng+