News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 192262 times)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #740 on: July 01, 2019, 07:11:43 am »
Gave you a mention here;

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/what-are-you-playing.204644/page-314#post-4072649

Will make another post once the new version is out and I'm playing through it. Looking forward to giving your project some exposure.  :thumbsup:

Cool, thanks.

So once this project is complete, what will be the only missing content? The DS post game stuff?

Not sure this project will ever be complete, between fan suggestions and Mauron making new things possible there's always new things being added. However there is no plans to and the DS post game stuff.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 01, 2019, 02:08:42 pm »
Cool, thanks.
NP, lovin the work you guys are doing!

However there is no plans to and the DS post game stuff.
IMHO, there isn't much to add in. To be fair all of the DS extra content is present in the Windows/iOS/Android versions of the game(AFAIK, I have the Windows and Android version and haven't noticed anything missing).

SpringSonic9187

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 01, 2019, 02:12:14 pm »
IMHO, there isn't much to add in. To be fair all of the DS extra content is present in the Windows/iOS/Android versions of the game.
Not 'all' of them. *Points at Arena of Ages*

Shade Aurion

• Submission Reviewer
  • Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #743 on: July 01, 2019, 07:05:27 pm »
Not sure this project will ever be complete, between fan suggestions and Mauron making new things possible there's always new things being added. However there is no plans to and the DS post game stuff.

Oh I wasn't suggesting you add stuff, just double checking. At some point i'll do a Chrono Trigger playthrough and I was planning to do yours and do a second playthrough of the modded steam version for the other stuff :3

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 01, 2019, 08:29:55 pm »
Shouldn't be long now, I have the two best playtesters there is on it now.

Sungodportal who keeps multiple saves all the way through and rechecks everything very thoroughly.

And Andrew Clunn who finds bugs absolutely no one else would because he trys things no one else would think to do.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 02, 2019, 07:48:56 pm »
Being a developer in real life, it's super fun trying my hand at the QA side of things  :thumbsup:

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 03, 2019, 06:21:24 pm »
I did some testing with the name thing, and found a better solution. Change 0x02E301 to EF.

In the Japanese version, the FF character is used exclusively as a space. The US version, for reasons I don't fully understand, uses both EF and FF as space characters. In the case of the name screen, EF was used for entering a space, while FF was used when deleting a character.

Existing code already removes EF spaces, but the FF spaces were untouched. By replacing the deletion with an EF space, the code consistently works as intended.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 03, 2019, 11:05:07 pm »
That makes sense, thanks

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 04, 2019, 07:17:43 pm »
SO now that Robo is solid when he's following you as the fourth party member in the end of time, it's possible to go to the right edge (where you'd typically board the Epoch later) and then get stuck.  He literally won't move out of the way.  Soft lock achieved.

July 04, 2019, 07:22:25 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Hmm, when asked who would stay behind I elected to leave Chrono behind.  Now I've got Robo in my party and another Robo still following me...

July 04, 2019, 07:23:45 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Then I left the bar section for the first portion and immediately re-entered the door.  Black screen lock.

July 04, 2019, 07:24:18 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I'm testing on Higan by the way for accuracy.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 07:24:18 pm by andrewclunn »

dawnbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 05, 2019, 03:31:58 am »
does this project have a discord to ask stuff in?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #750 on: July 05, 2019, 09:03:11 am »
Ok the first 2 were easy enough, the blackout thing I'm not sure what caused it but I took a crack at it, hopefully you have a save before talking to Gaspar.

Anyways I'll upload the new one later today.

does this project have a discord to ask stuff in?

Just ask here, this is the topics main page.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 06, 2019, 04:02:07 pm »
The rock helm's description has an extra space before the period at the end.

July 06, 2019, 05:42:13 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
When Lucca is in the front of my party and we get into the area with the spoiled refrigeration to grab the seed (first time in the future), she becomes stuck in her sad / disappointed pose until I leave the room.

July 06, 2019, 05:49:11 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
The second mutant fight when crossing the ruins instead of winning the race doesn't actually work.

July 06, 2019, 05:52:05 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Hmmm, apparently I can get it to half trigger and then run out of the way before the battle starts.

July 06, 2019, 08:50:50 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I walk most of the way through the door to go to Spekio, then I go to the menu, and when I exit out of it I'm stuck in the doorway.

July 06, 2019, 09:46:19 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
This is just a note, but it seems like you changed some, but not all of the speaker's names from all caps to Normal Casing.  Crono's mom speaks as "Gina" bu kino speaks as "KINO"  No sure which way you wanted to go, so I'm not sure which are bugs.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:46:19 pm by andrewclunn »

rikimaruaxu

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 06, 2019, 08:18:44 pm »
Really looking forward to playing this. Wouldn't even mind playing it with the bugs that I know you are looking to fix before release. Hopefully It's done soon cause I would love to explore the 1999 area.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 06, 2019, 10:09:43 pm »
Ok I think I got most of these, and the name thing is added now (probably wont affect saved games though) I'll need some more details on the Spekkio room thing and I'll get a patch out to you tomorrow.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 06, 2019, 10:53:43 pm »
Battle with Magus has messed up sprites.  The good news is that I got all the way from Spekio to the battle with Magus with everything else appearing to work properly, despite my efforts to break stuff of course.

July 07, 2019, 07:24:48 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
IN the Tyrano Lair, the upper switch door with the drop down floors after Nizbel breaks once you fall through the floor.  Now soft locked and can't move forward.  Shoot me an email if you want a copy of my save file, I have three saves, all at different points before various bugs I've pointed out.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:24:48 am by andrewclunn »

x5t

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 07, 2019, 07:49:53 am »
Thank you for doing this project. Really cool there are still so many people playing these old games.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 07, 2019, 08:25:55 am »
I fixed the Spekkio door bug this morning but the Magus one is a little more difficult,  he glitches if any uncompressed enemy is used, possibly because I checked the "all enemies can be uncompressed" box? Uncheckiing it does nothing though.

The battle with the R series wasnt glitched?

I dont remember doing anything in the Tyrano lair, what exactly happens?

Thank you for doing this project. Really cool there are still so many people playing these old games.

Thanks hope you enjoy it once its ready

Edit: Nevermind, when I edited the bar (EoT) to fix the last report the script was too big and moved some data or something, I cut out about 140 unneeded functions and imported it and it works fine.

The Tyrano lair was just another case of Crono needed to be in the party, but it was easy enough to fix that.

If the Arris dome refrigerator room the lab 32 second fight and the first events at the end of time work on the one you have then I'll send you the lastest fix.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 09:28:20 am by ThegreatBen »

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 07, 2019, 11:38:46 am »
Send me a patch of the latest version, I'll look into Magus. I have an idea of the problem.

The name fix only takes effect when altering a character's name. Existing extra spaces will need to be replaced to address it.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 07, 2019, 11:56:40 am »
Send me a patch of the latest version, I'll look into Magus. I have an idea of the problem.

The name fix only takes effect when altering a character's name. Existing extra spaces will need to be replaced to address it.

As much as I'd like to know what went wrong I no longer have a version where he is glitched, I figured it happened when I added a few lines to my end of time script, when I deleted  around 140 unnecessary lines and re-imported it back into the rom it fixed the problem.

Andrew has the latest version and as far as I know all reported bugs are fixed.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 07, 2019, 04:37:03 pm »
Tyrano Lair bug is fixed.  Magus was still bugged (though I don't think you said that was fixed yet).