News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 429872 times)

XModxGodX

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2017, 01:10:17 pm »
So far the only real problems I've noticed so far were in Zeal Palace before saving Melchior finding the Nu's scratch point reverts the music back to queen Zeal's theme and the new time period's map has really wonky collision detection.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2017, 02:41:10 pm »
I'm going to be honest I didn't think you could do it, good job.

Now that you're done why don't you just go get magic now? Test the side quests.

Also did you try the Y button fix Quertymodo posted?

July 29, 2017, 01:47:26 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
So far the only real problems I've noticed so far were in Zeal Palace before saving Melchior finding the Nu's scratch point reverts the music back to queen Zeal's theme and the new time period's map has really wonky collision detection.

Sorry didn't see your response, I set Zeal palace to use the more light hearted Zeal map theme on first visit and the more ominous Zeal palace theme on second visit, did it cause problems?

As for the world map in 1999 I can't do anything about the weird collision I had to work with what was on the map. What did you think of 1999 overall? If you talk to Gob with the Wondershot unequipped there is a small sidequest
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 01:47:26 pm by ThegreatBen »

XModxGodX

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2017, 02:20:58 pm »
For some reason I have to wait for a moderator to approve my posts so that's why you didn't see it earlier.
Yeah the got item jingle that plays when you talk to that particular Nu reverts the song back to the original song though it doesn't seem to be the case in other maps like death's peak.
As for 1999 my only other minor issue was the dialogue with a certain NPC in the Market area I just think was kinda forced. Didn't know about the wondershot sidequest I'll need to try that. (Kinda hope it has something to do with the Aeris Dome)

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2017, 08:27:36 pm »
Dragon tank and magus forms of lavos shell show as the prophet (graphical or enemy glitch).  Spekio doesn't go passed his Masa & Mune phase (no Nu Spekio and can keep earning rewards indefinitely).

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2017, 09:25:04 pm »
I thought I removed the Lavos boss rush, I needed the extra slots for enemies, how did you manage to trigger it?

I thought I fixed Spekkio for the last time, dammit I'll take a look.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2017, 08:24:09 am »
I beat the black omen and it went straight into it.

EDIT -

And the character switch patch works.  I could recreate the issue by going to Robo's sidequest in the future and having the game glitch when telling me to put Robo in front.  Then I applied the patch and the problem went away.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 10:45:13 am by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2017, 08:06:44 pm »
-Fixed Spekkio, needs testing
-fixed Lavos boss rush, needs testing
-Fixed Zeal palace music when talking to the Nu
-Fixed Reptite and Balthasar glitches,half tested
-added Qwertymodo's Y button fix.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qy94g2poo4t8vt/Chrono%20Trigger%20Plus.ips?dl=0

For some reason changing the dual tech Spire corrupted the rom everytime so it remains as it is

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2017, 09:46:13 pm »
I recently redid tech requirement saving and loading in Hi-Tech, because saving one in the old code would corrupt the rest. If that's your issue, I'll have the fix out shortly.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2017, 07:55:17 am »
I recently redid tech requirement saving and loading in Hi-Tech, because saving one in the old code would corrupt the rest. If that's your issue, I'll have the fix out shortly.

Ya that sounds like what I've got going on, no problem I'll wait for it.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2017, 08:30:41 am »
Ok thanks again to Mauron I have the 1999 world map collision and year indicator fixed.

The final release will also include a auto run optional patch (also courtesy of  Mauron)

Some minor changes to a few maps by request.

I think it's finally bug free, I playing through one more time to test a few things and that's it.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2017, 08:34:17 am »
 ;D
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2017, 11:37:55 am »
Question about the auto-run patch.  Does that mean I can't walk, or does it turn the run button into a walk button?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2017, 12:30:37 pm »
It makes running the default, press A to walk

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
    • http://ff6hacking.com/
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2017, 02:02:30 pm »
I have a simple request, could you please consider making Mt. Woe have the unused Singing Mountain song? Unless of course if you used it somewhere else. I think it works great there, in place of just the normal wind track... Looking forward to playing this!

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 07, 2017, 02:18:33 pm »
It's somewhere, but I'm not saying where.

Also, something as an aside, which I honestly only just noticed.  Why are there trees on Death Peak?  There are trees!  In the Future!  Wasn't the lack of remaining sustained plant life like a plot point near the start of the game?!

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 07, 2017, 03:48:13 pm »
Also, something as an aside, which I honestly only just noticed.  Why are there trees on Death Peak?  There are trees!  In the Future!  Wasn't the lack of remaining sustained plant life like a plot point near the start of the game?!
1. What else are you going to hide behind other than withered trees?  Moreover, no one else can reach up there but you.  No one may know they exist.

2. Greenery is symbolic here.  By that notion the seeds wouldn't be able to grow in the domes later.  Death Peak's trees come back to some of the the themes that you see and use throughout the Future, and one could argue reinforces them.  Hope was given by seeds, etc..
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:53:19 pm by Chronosplit »

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2017, 09:23:56 pm »
The dropbox link isn't working anymore. New patch? And what's this "autorun" you speak of? I'd like to try this..

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 09, 2017, 08:58:26 pm »
Ya the official patch is coming very soon, so I won't be updating the link, the auto run patch will be an optional included in the zip

qwertymodo

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2017, 12:29:21 am »
Just a heads up, if you want Singing Mountain supported for the MSU-1, you'll have to send me a save file so I can figure out what track number it is and add it to the audio packs.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2017, 05:52:09 pm »
Just a heads up, if you want Singing Mountain supported for the MSU-1, you'll have to send me a save file so I can figure out what track number it is and add it to the audio packs.

I can get you one when I get there, unless someone else has one they could give you that would be nice.

Also what's the possibility of getting the videos added to this project?

As for updates, reptite and Balthazar glitches fixed, some maps touched up, Lavos boss rush so far successfully removed, making the mt woe rubble fightable a limited number of times (5) in order to keep balance.

@Mauron you said you could change weapon effects to make the Swallow more appealing, would it be possible to change the speed+3 weapon effect to Haste? This would certainly make it a solid contender against the protect helm.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:13:59 pm by ThegreatBen »