News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 558358 times)

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #1400 on: February 05, 2022, 11:14:02 am »
As the version number didn't change, I incorrectly thought it had not been updated for whatever reason and that the flawed version was still live. My apologies.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 05, 2022, 12:18:15 pm »
@Lexluthermiester there is something you can use your mod authority to do that would be a great help to this project.

The most recent review on my hack incorrectly states that snes9x doesn't work with the hack, when in reality thats the ideal emulator for it. (He just had a bad patch) this has been misleading some people and I wouldn't mind seeing it removed.

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 05, 2022, 01:08:56 pm »
@Lexluthermiester there is something you can use your mod authority to do that would be a great help to this project.

The most recent review on my hack incorrectly states that snes9x doesn't work with the hack, when in reality thats the ideal emulator for it. (He just had a bad patch) this has been misleading some people and I wouldn't mind seeing it removed.
Actually, that review does not comply with policy. See PM.

HelljmprRookie

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: February 06, 2022, 01:16:50 am »
I hope that the annoying "stealable Frozen Flame" issue I addressed earlier has been fixed, it was REALLY annoying for those that haven't unlocked the NG+ option and managed to steal it from the fight that, normally, you're supposed to lose on your first encounter with Lavos (though with enough level grinding/preparation, you can survive it, even without NG+ assistance as shown in the vanilla version in this two-part fight against him that isn't using NG+ as stated in the title itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSfIUG6HLVk  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdLx8OGlNU ) which I managed to actually do in the previous version. heh heh  Absolutely LOVE the new "Save Zeal" ending, it just feels SOOOO damn fulfilling and heartwarming, seriously... <3 <3

Memorex

• View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: February 07, 2022, 03:15:45 pm »
Really looking forward to trying this version of Chrono Trigger! Thanks for all the work you've put into it.  :beer:

BassForever

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 08, 2022, 06:45:27 pm »
Will have to replay this sometime after tax season, really enjoyed the version I played about a year ago of this hack, if there's new content and stuff has been polished since then that's fantastic :)

E Z P Z

• View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: February 09, 2022, 03:10:49 am »
ty so much ben.  having a more through gameplay makes the game more fun to play again.  How hard was it to add some of thesee things?  I would love to try some ideas!!

Volcannon

• View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: February 15, 2022, 09:25:05 am »
ok, so I posed this question awhile back, so this is a new question related specifically to 2300AD.

Outside of Shelters, is there any other way to heal your mp?
It's Nerf or NOTHING!!!

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: February 15, 2022, 10:11:55 am »
Thanks for all the kind words guys. Glad everyone is enjoying 2.5.

ok, so I posed this question awhile back, so this is a new question related specifically to 2300AD.

Outside of Shelters, is there any other way to heal your mp?

No, I guess not. I will wait and see what there is for bug reports for 2.5 and I'll probably switch it to restoring mp instead of hp, because it annoys me too.

LoneWolfZ24

• View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: February 18, 2022, 12:20:18 pm »
Hey guys, its been a while since I posted last.  wanted to play CT again, using my new 2DS, and this hack is really the only way id play it now.  Anyway, since I know you guys responded so well last time, I figured id let you know some of the things I've found playing the current patch.  A few graphical bugs with sprites overlapping the characters (not major), like the armor in the ruins, or mirrors (or tiles) on the wall in cathedral and magus base.  Bigger bug (maybe) is the Spirit Ring doesn't seem to work on the ladies at all.  Well, it says grants mana regen, but it doesn't give mana back while walking around, or in fights that I have seen, waiting turns, or having a few actions per.  I could just be mistaken as well, and its working as intended, I just haven't figured it out yet.   Well, that's all for now, wanted to say again guys, how much I love this hack and your dedication to this game. 

February 18, 2022, 12:23:29 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
As a side note, I enjoyed the challenge of the future "inn" not giving any mana back.  Made that section more fun for me at least.  Always play on (NES) balanced mode though, so maybe leave it in that version if its changed?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: February 18, 2022, 05:36:27 pm »
That's a pretty acceptable solution.  As for the spirit ring I'll have to check on it.

blakeoft

• View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 18, 2022, 11:47:46 pm »
Found a couple minor text issues in 1999. A lower case letter starting a sentence, and a missing period. Shall I post them?

Also, is there a way to disable the running shoes besides walking?

LoneWolfZ24

• View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 19, 2022, 01:15:21 am »
Ok, have gone through all of the game again.  I'm up to the black omen, and the third mutant boss (TerraMutant) does one action, at which point, the boss does nothing anymore unless you hit the bottom (only does the counter, nothing more).  Ive even hit the bot right away, still doesn't do anything.  For this boss, that's an issue because you cant really do any damage to the bottom, even once you kill the top.  My party is Ayla, Frog, Magus.  I have beaten the boss, but only by killing the top, then letting the bot hit the bottom for 30 min for 40-50 dmg a hit (bottom part has 20000 HP).  The top is supposed to drain the bottom of life as the fight goes on, but the boss does nothing.  Hope this helps. 

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 19, 2022, 07:56:49 am »
Ok, have gone through all of the game again.  I'm up to the black omen, and the third mutant boss (TerraMutant) does one action, at which point, the boss does nothing anymore unless you hit the bottom (only does the counter, nothing more).  Ive even hit the bot right away, still doesn't do anything.  For this boss, that's an issue because you cant really do any damage to the bottom, even once you kill the top.  My party is Ayla, Frog, Magus.  I have beaten the boss, but only by killing the top, then letting the bot hit the bottom for 30 min for 40-50 dmg a hit (bottom part has 20000 HP).  The top is supposed to drain the bottom of life as the fight goes on, but the boss does nothing.  Hope this helps.

The drone is the issue.  That boss has special logic assuming two enemies on the screen, but the drone is technically a third enemy,  I suggest removing the drone from that room and fight.

EDIT - That suggestion was for Ben to clarify.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 19, 2022, 11:33:13 am »
@Andrewclunn can you confirm it works fine if you don't have the drone at all?

If that's the case I'll simply disable it for that map.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 19, 2022, 09:54:42 pm »
@Andrewclunn can you confirm it works fine if you don't have the drone at all?

If that's the case I'll simply disable it for that map.

There are two issues, the auto death on the top portion dying, which getting rid of the drone solves, and the AI doing nothing, which seems to happen regardless.  I have a save point just prior to the fight, so I can easily retest a fix, but it's a legit bug.

LoneWolfZ24

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 20, 2022, 01:16:58 am »
Hello again guys.  Just went through the Black Omen in 1000 (stealing from queen), again in 600, and again in 12000 BC.  All black Omens gone.  Have Magus as first player, go to bucket, kill lavos (first form)
Spoiler:
get a cut scene bringing me to Zeal throne room, once I leave, Magus leaves party, taking all items with him, "says if I am to kill lavos, I need to convince these fools to let me get close" (part of the Prophets rom hack?(no, I didn't install this into your rom)) and I am then teleported to 6500000 BC in the forest that was on fire.
If magus was my first party member when this was started, it seems to let me continue the story without him, like I never fought Lavos.  If however he was not the first party member, the game then crashes when I try to enter the area back to the portal in 6500000 (edit: only one crash, not sure why, not based on party location, or items being removed) only happened once, but after this, the music seams bugged, like always one location behind where I am.  so once using a portal, get portal music at end of time, had zeal music in 6500000 BC and so on.  Is any of this normal, or did I break something  =P

OK, only using save states, kept playing and defeated Lavos again, and this time,
Spoiler:
I got I'm assuming a Zeal ending, still start at the throne room, but without Magus in party, no cut scene, and no teleport to 650000 BC, just get to walk around Zeal, and then get given present from Queen.
No way off the island it seems.  (NM, found the book)  Doesn't seem like I can end the game though, should the book end the adventure as stated, because it puts me into Crono's moms room, still in control, with access to portals and lavos bucket again. 

Holy $h!t, I can now kill Lavos on and endless Loop ... take that sucker, Im a master of time =)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 01:46:11 am by LoneWolfZ24 »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 20, 2022, 07:10:38 am »
LoneWolfZ24 check your inventory.  Do you have something called the frozen flame?  Also, can you send me an email, so I can get your save file?

LoneWolfZ24

• View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 20, 2022, 11:03:39 am »
Yes, I have two frozen flames, I was not sure how i got them, or how to use them.  Also, yes, you can have my email, and all the save files I have for testing.  I've been running the game on the 3DS SNES9X emulator, and can provide the save state files as well if you would like, or if you can use them.  email info sent to you personally.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 21, 2022, 09:40:36 pm »
I had another report about this but I wasn't sure where he was getting the Frozen Flames.

I know the ending works fine from the bucket, so I assume it's specific to the Omen Lavos but I'm not sure why as past versions didn't have this problem and I didn't edit those areas again in this version.

But I will try to pinpoint it soon and get a fix out.