News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 459740 times)

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2017, 11:53:51 am »
Schala was in the Ocean Palace, the Blackbird is the Ocean Palace, so it makes sense that thats where you would find her.
Unless the queen was perhaps using the pyramid as a magical prison. Then it make sense for her to be there. Just ideas..

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2017, 12:10:52 pm »
Didn't she get dragged through a portal though? It's been a while since I played but that was how I remembered it.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2017, 12:12:36 pm »
Its not a bad idea, but keep in mind the pyramid can be opened before Schala disappears.

Oh some other stuff I forgot in my list of changes

Under new content is the Reptite village, I felt their entire territory should not have been limited to one castle, plus the 65000000bc map was a little empty, so I turned the Reptite territory into a full village.

Not sure what sub-heading this one falls under but I made it so the password must be retrieved from the right side of the factory before the generator could be opened, I thought it was a waste that most players would skip half that dungeon, letting all those maps go to waste.

And under rebalace I made Gato strong enough that he cant be soloed at level 1 just by mashing A, he gives the second most silver points he should require you to at least gain a level or 2 and change your armor.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2017, 12:58:37 pm »
The black bird is not the ocean palace.  The black omen is.

Edit-

I think better than making that optional factory area mandatory would be to switch around the treasure chests so that the Titan armor and bolt sword are out there.  And maybe put a speed tab there too.  This will incentize first time and new game plusers to go there.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:08:38 pm by andrewclunn »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2017, 07:24:50 pm »
Wouldn't that just create the opposite situation with there not being much reason to explore the left side?
I think, moving the password over is good enough.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2017, 09:37:11 pm »
The black bird is not the ocean palace.  The black omen is.

Edit-

I think better than making that optional factory area mandatory would be to switch around the treasure chests so that the Titan armor and bolt sword are out there.  And maybe put a speed tab there too.  This will incentize first time and new game plusers to go there.

Yes sorry I actually meant the Omen, I just have Blackbird on the brain from messing with its unholy scripts.

I was thinking I'd also like to create an event that lets Frog permanently wear the Hero Medal freeing up an accessory slot, something about how he finally feels worthy to wear it instead of just carry it. 

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2017, 01:51:36 am »
Code: [Select]
$FD/B56E AD BA B3 LDA $B3BA  [$7E:B3BA] // Mirror of current accessory.
$FD/B571 C9 B3 CMP #$B3 // Hero Medal Index

You could probably store a flag in $7E:2862 for completion of that event.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2017, 09:27:03 am »
Code: [Select]
$FD/B56E AD BA B3 LDA $B3BA  [$7E:B3BA] // Mirror of current accessory.
$FD/B571 C9 B3 CMP #$B3 // Hero Medal Index

You could probably store a flag in $7E:2862 for completion of that event.

could you elaborate? My plan was to make a duplicate Masamune(s) with a base 50 critical, then just have the script swap them but what you're suggesting sounds like I could use it to make the Sightscope effect permanent as well.

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2017, 02:01:39 pm »
That code is used at the start of battle. If the currently equipped accessory is the Hero Medal, and the currently equipped weapon is one of the Masumunes, it stores 0x32 to 0x45 of the character's battle data. There may be a Frog index check before that.

The SightScope effect is similar, and likely also a check on $7E:B3BA.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2017, 10:19:48 pm »
So is this something I could do using temporal flux? As I don't know asm.

as for updates, there isn't much, I knocked off a few more blackbird scripts, shouldn't be long now.

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2017, 12:13:47 am »
Just a couple changes in a hex editor.

3DB56F - 62 28
3DB572 - 01

Then have your Hero Medal event set $7E:2862 to 01. It normally contains a garbage copy of weapon 00s stats, from old code before the 8th character was cut.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:46:57 am by Mauron »
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2017, 01:01:40 pm »
It took awhile but I got all of the Blackbird scripts to use Magus (I hope ) finished adding an event where Frog challenges the Frogking for the right to wear the Hero Medal.

Just a couple changes in a hex editor.

3DB56F - 62 28
3DB571 - 01

Then have your Hero Medal event set $7E:2862 to 01. It normally contains a garbage copy of weapon 00s stats, from old code before the 8th character was cut.

Thank you.

This project requires an expanded rom, will an IPS automatically expand the rom or does that need to be done before the patch is added?

anyway this release is ready, I'm waiting for response from Lex but I'm thinking instead of a separate patch for a save Schala option I was thinking of a non cannon ending if you beat Lavos at the Ocean Palace, where Schala becomes queen of Zeal and expands it.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2017, 02:47:58 pm »
This project requires an expanded rom, will an IPS automatically expand the rom or does that need to be done before the patch is added?

It all depends on the original ROM that you are comparing with your hacked ROM to make the patch. If your hacked ROM is expanded and the original ROM is left at it's standard size then the patch will include the expansion. If you expand the unmodified ROM before making the comparison then it likely will not. Just make sure that the original ROM that you are comparing with is in fact unmodified and you won't have any problems with this.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2017, 02:53:17 pm »
Thanks 10 more minutes of finishing touches and you can start play testing.

also of note is that I took 13 suggestion and nerfed the Lavos shell as there was still a large margin between it and the next strongest enemy.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2017, 03:16:33 pm »
Cool. I had plans today but they fell through due to technical difficulties. 8)
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2017, 03:32:29 pm »
I like the idea of beating Ocean Palace Lavos as a non-canon Schala saving.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2017, 10:31:50 pm »
Thanks I'll try to do it justice.

mrlange

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2017, 01:53:07 pm »
Okay so I'm probably not gonna gain many fans by suggesting this, but can we make fighting the ocean place version of Lavos at the end of the game an optional thing? Maybe placing a trigger or something somewhere in game for people to decided which version they'd like to fight?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2017, 09:23:56 pm »
Okay so I'm probably not gonna gain many fans by suggesting this, but can we make fighting the ocean place version of Lavos at the end of the game an optional thing? Maybe placing a trigger or something somewhere in game for people to decided which version they'd like to fight?

13 already pointed out a very valid reason not to have the shell that strong, all my Lavos are the same strength for the sake of consistency, but I did nerf it to be more balanced.

on another note the play testing is yielding tons of bugs but I managed to fix them up to the tyrano layer so far.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2017, 07:42:36 am »
 That's great to hear!

Also, on the subject of making the most important event in the game optional:
NO  :police:
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.