News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 468211 times)

edale

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #1300 on: August 27, 2021, 02:27:08 pm »
The music in 1999 works wonderfully with the symphony music. without it, not so much.
Erm... track 15 is coded to not loop in the MSU code, it doesn't matter what version of the PCM you use; even if the PCM is looped, it'll still drop to silence the second it gets to the end of the PCM file, it won't actually loop.

The symphony track is probably just longer. Try sitting on the worldmap for several minutes so the track ends, and you'll see what I mean. Unless you changed the track used in 2.5, or set track 15 to loop in the MSU code (which hopefully wouldn't mess anything up other times that track's called; since there's no way to set a track to loop on one call, and not on another).

*edit- When you 'open' the box in Medina and get transported, if you exit the room you start in to the south, you'll end up on the worldmap with no way back into the building, it's a softlock.

*edit2- Does the Mastermune still get the +50% crit from the Hero Medal?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 03:04:59 pm by edale »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 27, 2021, 03:37:29 pm »
I don't know the technicalities of it, but I've never had the music stop when using the msu tracks.

The exit is fixed in the 2.5 I gave you.

Yes it gets the 50% bonus.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 27, 2021, 04:15:23 pm »
I don't know the technicalities of it, but I've never had the music stop when using the msu tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJKuldhPDSg
That vid was taken on the v2.5 ROM you sent me.
And just to be doubly sure, I grabbed the Blake Robinson symphonic PCM Set from over on Zeldix, and checked with that set's track 15, same problem.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 27, 2021, 06:05:15 pm »
Yup it stops alright. I do plan to do something about it for the 2.5 release, just not sure what yet.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 27, 2021, 07:13:46 pm »
Yup it stops alright. I do plan to do something about it for the 2.5 release, just not sure what yet.
Few options I can think up:

1: Set the music to an unused track ID, then have a properly looped PCM for that track number. This may cause issues with people playing with SPC rather than MSU.

2: Use a different pre-existing track for the 1999 overworld theme.

3: Set track 15 to loop, and do a shitton of testing to make sure that doesn't screw up with anything in other parts of the game where that track is located (I can create a looped version of track 15 quite easily, won't be a flawless loop, as in the music never ends, but a fairly natural sounding crossfade). If anyone knows every place that track is called, it would significantly cut down testing time (as you really only need one runthrough of each area the track is called). This is actually a fairly simple edit, as long as the MSU's ASM code is available.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: August 27, 2021, 07:25:51 pm »
I'd like to try option 3, it's used exclusively in the games opening so not much to worry about.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 27, 2021, 08:49:18 pm »
I'd like to try option 3, it's used exclusively in the games opening so not much to worry about.
OK, you use the non-fmv version of quertymodo's MSU code, right? I'll see if I can get someone to whip up a copy of that with track 15 set to loop over on the zeldix forums. If the ASM is available it's literally just changing one digit from a 1 to a 3 (or a 3 to a 1, can't recall which) and recompiling it.

If you have a copy of the ASM for the MSU as part of your project files, we could just edit that directly instead (I know exactly the edit to make, I just need to see the loop table section of the ASM code).

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 28, 2021, 01:08:00 am »
OK, you use the non-fmv version of quertymodo's MSU code, right? I'll see if I can get someone to whip up a copy of that with track 15 set to loop over on the zeldix forums. If the ASM is available it's literally just changing one digit from a 1 to a 3 (or a 3 to a 1, can't recall which) and recompiling it.

If you have a copy of the ASM for the MSU as part of your project files, we could just edit that directly instead (I know exactly the edit to make, I just need to see the loop table section of the ASM code).

If the loop causes issues with the intro, then it might call for the looping to be part of an option MSU-1 portion of the patch. Eventually I'm sure that the FMV intro would be used instead of the music track for the actual opening anyways.

mindspirail

• View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 28, 2021, 01:55:33 am »
So has the game breaking bug in new game plus in choras in 1999 been fixed and do you need me to send over any files?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 28, 2021, 03:44:05 pm »
Now that I think about it I'm going to try to work with the music selection in game to make it work for every one.

Eventually I'm sure that the FMV intro would be used instead of the music track for the actual opening anyways.

Would love the fmvs working.

As for Choras I'm slowly getting there, so much to do though.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 30, 2021, 02:58:36 am »
OK, I'm gonna run through NG+ now and blitz through all the endings.

Does Chrono Trigger Plus add any new endings? And is there any NG+ only content that was added (I think I saw something about Magus?)?

*edit- and a new scene like 3 minutes into the game, nice.

Speaking of, I did promise corrections on the ld english, lol.

"M'lady is it thee?" -> "M'lady, 'tis thee?"

And I kinda wanna change "with her" in the next line with "hine"... but if I go that old with the old English (9th century), no one will understand what's being said, lol. So I'm thinking more Shakespearean English.

Also... You didn't throw anything in the dev room?

*edit2- "But there art an odd air about him!"
OK, I physically winced when I read that line, lol.
"But 'tis an odd air about him!"

"Forgive me, my lady! Please enter, Sir!"
'Sir' -> 'Ser'
Sir was ONLY used for nobles and knights, while Ser was used when the proper form of address was unknown.

"So thou art the one who savethed the Queen."
"savethed" -> "saved" savith
savethed was never a word. the main difference back then was they'd pronounce it "save-ed"

I don't suppose you have a text document, spreadsheet, or something similar with all of the old-english text you used, would probably be simpler for me to go over the text that way.

*edit3- Yea. There's too much needing fixing here for it to be feasible to make and edit posts on here every time I find a mistake... I hope you have a spreadsheet I can work on...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 04:11:43 am by edale »

the_E_y_Es

• View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 30, 2021, 06:29:52 am »
A suggestion to make TC's life easier: throw MSU out the window. The original OST is plenty enough.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 30, 2021, 08:29:52 am »
A suggestion to make TC's life easier: throw MSU out the window. The original OST is plenty enough.
Don't make me pull out the heresy memes.  :laugh:

Sarah Shinespark

• Creator of Arcana: Seal of Rimsala
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 30, 2021, 09:53:36 am »
Looking forward to authentic Frog speech. There was someone with FF6BNW who majored in old (archaic) English, and he made Cyan sound amazing.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 30, 2021, 11:54:34 am »
Worked a lot on this yesterday. Fixed a couple small typos, and changed a few music tracks in 1999, but mostly worked on the Magus in Zeal interlude that appears on new game+.

@The_E_y_es the msu1 is already integrated,  any music changes affect both it and the vanilla music simultaneously.

@Edale there is one new ending by beating open Palace Lavos.

I haven't done anything to the dev room.

As for the old English corrections I don't have a document,  it was all just done in game.

But your corrections are very helpful, if you make a master list you can email it to me if that's any easier.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 31, 2021, 03:42:53 am »
Hmm, I can't seem to use the bucket in the end of time to access the Lavos fight on my first visit to the EoT in NG+. The game just doesn't seem to recognize the bucket as an interactive object. yes, (I already talked to the old man and spekkio)

This is when you have to fight Lavos to access the ending "Good Night" or "The End of Time" (depending on which version of the game your using the name from). This is the ending that's just the Nu and Ribbit running around the screen.

Was that ending removed to make room for the new Ocean Palace ending, or is this a legit bug?

*edit- from first visit to EoT, I went through 1000 AD to open the 1000 AD -> 600 AD portal before the second visit to 600 AD. instead of going to 600 AD, I went through the bucket.
I have no clue if this is a one-time thing, or if it's repeatable:

Oh, and beating Lavos that time got me the ending I couldn't get on the first visit to EoT.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 04:10:08 am by edale »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 31, 2021, 04:42:50 pm »
The bucket is story triggered, it's a little off because spekkio no longer creates a story trigger so you had to advance to get it to appear, I will fix this for the next release.

I don't really understand what you're saying in about the 1000ad/600ad gates.

Is that stupid graphical glitch back? I'm not even really sure what causes it, but I thought it was fixed.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 31, 2021, 05:19:59 pm »
I don't really understand what you're saying in about the 1000ad/600ad gates.
I'm saying after the first visit to EoT, I went through the gate to 1000AD Medina, went through the magic cave to get back to the gate in the millenial fair to open the gate path in EoT there, and then went to the bucket instead of going to 600 AD once that path was open.

I'm actually strictly following the vanilla progression for this playthrough, so I can hit every single ending on one go.

*edit- If trying to enter the gate in the residence in Medina, I sometimes have to open the cupboard 3-4 times before the gate actually opens to transport me to the EoT.

minself -> mineself.

*edit2- BUG REPORT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcPtUuAsYlc
I don't think you'll have any problems spotting the issue.
this ending:
9 The Oath ("The Masamune!") [09]
    Beat Lavos after the Masamune is repaired and Frog joins you. You
    start out at Lucca's house, where she is fixing Robo. When she
    complains about Crono sleeping in the corner, Marle defends him.
    Frog goes to leave, and Marle complains she just made some tea. Frog
    says he has business to attend to. During the rest of the credits
    you see scenes of Frog. He defeats each of Magus' fiends, and then
    goes after Magus himself. After the battle with Magus, you see Frog
    standing on top of the statue above the gate to Magus' castle.

*edit3- one slight annoyance I've found in the Lavos fight, is that if the right bit is the only part of Lavos's final form left, any single target attack will default to your drone, rather than Lavos's last bit.

*edit4- BUG REPORT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlHjk5FcvE0
This one happens if you return to the Sun Palace after you get the Sun Stone in NG+.
What I think is happening is:
Since the flag for the Sun Stone being fully charged, grabbing it starts the scene that gives you the Wonder Shot and Sunglasses (including transporting you to Lucca's house). Because this is happening in an unintended area, whatever flag sets the glowing and flashing lights effects from the Sun Stone never gets turned off. You'll notice the character glowing changed when coming from the top or the bottom, which sprite glows seems to be whichever loads first, so the bottom one when coming from the bottom, and the top one when coming from the top.
This effect persists if you leave and re-enter the Sun Palace.

I'll try and check if the effect persists in future timelines once I get the Epoch with wings... if I remember, lol.

*edit5- I think your new ending from beating Lavos in the Zeal Palace is broken. (spoilered, because I discuss the new ending in detail)
Spoiler:
I beat Lavos's shell (btw, what's the FroznFlame for? Or is it just a random Chrono Cross reference?), and it jumps to your party in the Zeal Palace throne room. When you finish walking around listening to everyone thank you for saving Zeal, and try to leave, you're taken to Chrono's new "hut" (gotta love Ayla, lol).
Once you finish exploring Chrono's new palace, you examine the book, it asks if you'd like to end your adventure, you select yes then.... You're dropped in 1999 AD, all the areas are unlocked, you've recruited Magis (despite him fading to nothing when you beat Lavos, according to Janus), and all your equipment has changed.
Then, when you use the time gate in Gobb's house, it takes you back to the EoT, and you're back in the actual game, with the winged Epoch, and the Old Man telling you to go in the bucket to face Lavos, and 12,000 BC is in it's post-destroyed state...
Oh, and there's a guy in one of the 1999 AD areas asking for... I think it was a 'lifespark' which he says only grows in toxic swamps, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where I need to look, everywhere I can think of that might count doesn't seem to be it... Where do I have to look for that?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:05:23 pm by edale »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: September 01, 2021, 09:41:45 pm »
Put a good day into this today.
I got The Oath ending fixed.
I got the bucket at the end of time working.
I got the second Magus in Zeal interlude finished.

I looked at the double prompt to run away from Lavos, was it Magus asking by any chance? He seems to have his run away line twice.

You always go from the fair to the end of time pillar at that point, it's not something I changed.

I still have to edit the old English and check the Medina cupboard.

Memorex

• View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 02, 2021, 10:49:02 am »
Should be a like-button on this board!  :thumbsup: