News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Chrono trigger plus

Started by ThegreatBen, January 22, 2017, 06:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexluthermiester

#100
Quote from: ThegreatBen on May 27, 2017, 09:02:55 PM
All events are done, just have one map to add enemies to, fixed some bugs and refined a few of my maps a little, the Zeal dungeon shouldn't take very long as its just a single map.
You're such a boss. Really wish there was more I could do here to help out. But hey I'm all up for beta testing!  :thumbsup:

Chronosplit

#101
Alright, with the latest release of my bugfix addendum my readme is as about as concise as it's going to get. Hotfix in the queue should be it for good, so now would be the time to use it's info.

By the way,  I found this in the pre-release text.  Apparently Laruba Village was (in theory) supposed to tie into Zeal.  Maybe this would make a tie-in to the rescue of schala?
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Translated_Text_(CTP).html#New_Laruba_Village_.26_Worship_of_Strange_Stone

ThegreatBen

#102
That is interesting, but more interesting is the unused Octorider had a place and lines.

as for Laruba anything done there would be speculation, though I could add the line back.

May 28, 2017, 01:00:28 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Oh and I checked out your patch, there is definitely stuff in there I can use.

lexluthermiester

Quote from: Chronosplit on May 28, 2017, 08:24:49 AM
By the way,  I found this in the pre-release text.  Apparently Laruba Village was (in theory) supposed to tie into Zeal.  Maybe this would make a tie-in to the rescue of schala?
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Translated_Text_(CTP).html#New_Laruba_Village_.26_Worship_of_Strange_Stone
That seems reasonable.

ThegreatBen

I definitely like the idea of Laruba being the enlightened ones, it would explain why there is a distinction between the earthbound and the enlightened.

there is a lot of cool stuff in there, I really like the fact that Magus had Blackbird lines, I'm wondering if I should make his north cape scene doable before the blackbird, take even more linearity out.

octorider is now added with his lines restored.

lexluthermiester

Quote from: ThegreatBen on May 28, 2017, 08:55:08 PM
I definitely like the idea of Laruba being the enlightened ones, it would explain why there is a distinction between the earthbound and the enlightened.

there is a lot of cool stuff in there, I really like the fact that Magus had Blackbird lines, I'm wondering if I should make his north cape scene doable before the blackbird, take even more linearity out.

octorider is now added with his lines restored.
Most of that sounds interesting. A part that is a bit confusing is the "Magus had Blackbird lines" part. Are you talking about the graphical out-lines?

Mauron

Have you addressed the buggy juror in the trial scene?

In Location Events 01F, Object 12, Arbitrary 0, the game checks fair flags 02 (Little girl told you about her cat) before fair flags 01 (you returned the cat).
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

Quote from: Mauron on May 29, 2017, 12:55:30 AM
Have you addressed the buggy juror in the trial scene?

In Location Events 01F, Object 12, Arbitrary 0, the game checks fair flags 02 (Little girl told you about her cat) before fair flags 01 (you returned the cat).

That was on my to do list, so just switch 2 for 1? another question I wanted to ask you in this video the NPC's walk on top of layer 3 is there any way to put them under it? at 35 seconds he walks on top the shadow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJPWjBwMOP4

Quote from: lexluthermiester on May 28, 2017, 10:05:02 PM
Most of that sounds interesting. A part that is a bit confusing is the "Magus had Blackbird lines" part. Are you talking about the graphical out-lines?

I mean Magus had dialog lines in the Blackbird, so I'm thinking the scene at the cape should be optional any time after the Ocean Palce.

Chronosplit

#108
Quote from: ThegreatBen on May 28, 2017, 12:48:19 PM
Oh and I checked out your patch, there is definitely stuff in there I can use.
You're quite welcome.  Only things I know of that both mine and Manulowe's readmes don't cover:

-The Ruby Knife is called Red Knife in the scene where Crono throws it.  This could be a nickname? (It's in my list of not changed in the next submission, final one I promise!)
-A few scenes pertaining to endgame items outside of Geno Dome actually don't draw from the name itself but from it's own script.  These are: most Sealed Chest levelups, Ozzie's Fort with the "invincible" items, Frog's Gold Rock scene, and probably the Rainbow Shell stuff.
-There's a Power Tab pickup in the Sun Keep named PowerTab.  I didn't bother with this because who cares, there's probably a couple of others too but I never noticed.
-There may or may not be a missing comma in the scene where Queen Zeal taunts Magus from on top of Lavos.
-In Arris Dome, there is a person who talks about Death Peak with one quotation mark gone.  Never got around to that.
-Queen Zeal's final speech talks about the Dark Omen instead of the Black Omen.  Space squeezing maybe?  Dark is one less character than Black.

QuoteI mean Magus had dialog lines in the Blackbird, so I'm thinking the scene at the cape should be optional any time after the Ocean Palace.
I'm thinking that's how they wanted to do it in the Pre-Release, because the only new lines for Magus that were in there pertained to Blackbird events and you would get the event straight after that.  You'd also have to make sure he reacts right to Dalton's fireball, but that's the extent of the change.

Mauron

Quote from: ThegreatBen on May 29, 2017, 09:54:53 AM
That was on my to do list, so just switch 2 for 1? another question I wanted to ask you in this video the NPC's walk on top of layer 3 is there any way to put them under it? at 35 seconds he walks on top the shadow.
Drag the first if to below the second if. The event editor might be a pain about placing it exactly, so you might need to do a little dragging around with the commands below it.

I didn't see any way to alter the shadow when I checked. The Millennial Fair has shadows that remain under PCs.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

Actually the event editor was quite cooperative so assuming I followed your instructions correctly that bug is fixed.

I shortened my shadows 2 hexes so the npcs avoid them, looks ok now.

I also started enemies in my last room, and a very basic start to the Zeal dungeon.

Mauron

I sometimes have issues with drag and drop, especially with placing something directly below an if. You must have had better results.
Mauron wuz here.

Chronosplit

Speaking of bugs, has anyone experienced a bug right before the first fight with Zeal?  At the point of the speech before your team gathered around her, it just froze instead.  This happened only once and I assume it's just extremely rare, I just reset and everything went as planned without me ever finding it again. XD

This scene wasn't altered by me, only the original game was at play here.

Atrushan

#113
As for the Schala thing you could put her literally anywhere. You could put her in the prehistoric era somewhere. Especially if Laruba village is connected to Zeal. You could even go so far as making it so that her being sent there causes the creation of zeal.

ThegreatBen

2300ad dungeon finished, 2 new npc's added to Laruba ruins to speak the cut dialog about the (Sun) stone. On to the Zeal dungeon now, still not sure if it should be for sneaking into the palace or getting to the two previously unused island. What do you guys think?

I'm guessing the crash before the Queen Zeal fight was an emulator hiccup.

Thirteen 1355

I don't really know what to think of with the sneaking into Zeal Palace. Wasn't the Mountain of Woe already a place you use to sneak into the palace?
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

Chronosplit

Quote from: ThegreatBen on June 01, 2017, 09:38:15 AM
I'm guessing the crash before the Queen Zeal fight was an emulator hiccup.
That's always possible.

Quote from: ThegreatBen on June 01, 2017, 09:38:15 AM
2300ad dungeon finished, 2 new npc's added to Laruba ruins to speak the cut dialog about the (Sun) stone. On to the Zeal dungeon now, still not sure if it should be for sneaking into the palace or getting to the two previously unused island. What do you guys think?
Using more islands in Zeal is always a cool idea.  I'm unsure about what the "prize" would be at the end being a separate dungeon though.

ThegreatBen

I'm leaning towards the second idea because it doesn't mess with the established game. The Zeal pyramid and the Zeal sun Palace are both already mapped and scripted so using the Zeal dungeon as a way to get to them sounds good to me.

Thirteen 1355

That certainly sounds like the better idea. It fits better before the Pyramid.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

lexluthermiester

#119
Quote from: ThegreatBen on June 01, 2017, 10:40:21 AM
I'm leaning towards the second idea because it doesn't mess with the established game. The Zeal pyramid and the Zeal sun Palace are both already mapped and scripted so using the Zeal dungeon as a way to get to them sounds good to me.
If I understand where everything is going, then I agree, for what it's worth. Just seems logical.