When I read through this thread, I was intimated to try these patches, as it seemed many people were having technical issues. I decided last night to go ahead and try anyway and… it worked! It was so easy, I didn't even need the instructions. I'm so sorry to hear so many people are having issues, here is what I did…
1. Downloaded the correct patch for the BIN/IMG file size of my ROM.
2. Used MultiPatch (macOS) to apply the XDELTA patch to the BIN/IMG.
3. Replaced the old .CUE with the new .CUE and .CCD provided with the patch.
That's it! Worked for me. I have both versions of the ROM, and can confirm both versions of the patch worked on their respective ROMs, and loaded without issues in Genplus GX on my Wii. I have no idea why it worked for me when so many others are struggling, but hopefully there is something I said that might help someone else get this working for themselves, or at least, convince them to try
Thank-you so much Ms. Tea!!!