News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Un-Worked Designs: Working Designs minus bullshit difficulty (Latest: Lunar 2)  (Read 206332 times)

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
Exactly. Just make it easier and provide a direct link to what you are using.
They can't really do that. It's against RHDN forum rules, because it is legally iffy. The idea is that under optimal circumstances you would be making the disc image yourself from a CD you already own. However, even that can not guarantee successful creation of a compatible image for the patches to be applied to.

chrisw80

• View Profile
They can't really do that. It's against RHDN forum rules, because it is legally iffy. The idea is that under optimal circumstances you would be making the disc image yourself from a CD you already own. However, even that can not guarantee successful creation of a compatible image for the patches to be applied to.

Was referring to the supposed version of the patcher that works. Turns out its the patch for that particular version of the game itself. Obviously, every forum has the same rules regarding piracy...

JonesPianist697

• View Profile
Just here to report a glitch in Vay Unworked. If it was already reported, let me know.

Whenever someone uses a spell while in AI mode, the person that used the spell will have its MP skyrocket.

lhalves2018

• View Profile
Thank you very much to all of you for your hard work.
I'm 50 years old now and Because of you guys i never
stop playing games.
I could help too but my eyes no good and like i sad
i dint have time all the time playing games and testing
your hard work.
Thank you...

crunkmaster_joe

• View Profile
I've been racking my brain trying to make them work and finally found a quick, clean way of doing it without crap software like Daemon Tools and UltraISO.

- Use this Python tool to merge all .bin files into one bin/cue pair: https://github.com/putnam/binmerge You have to install Python for Windows (I can't really say how to make this step in Mac), put the .bin files and .cue file in the same folder as binmerge, hold the Shift key and right click to open a "Command line in this folder". Type "py binmerge cuefile.cue newbinfile" in the console, without quotes.

- Move the new .bin and .cue files to the patch folder and patch it like the readme says.

- Now you can either play the game in iso/wav format, or you can save up disk space and have a tidy ROM folder converting it to .chd, if the emulator supports it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ElaPpvBHs5aUd0QUM3c05kY2c/view Download the chdman.exe from the lastest MAME release and you're good to go.

Just wanted to give a shout out to this user for sharing this .bin merging program! I've spent hours trying to solve my problem, and this did it. Like many I am also using the Redump for Lunar.

One thing to keep in mind - don't actually type "cuefile.cue" - use the name of your own .cue file. If it has spaces, you may need to surround just the file name with quotes.

Gary_Oak

• View Profile
Would "Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean" require an Un-Worked Designs treatment or is the difficulty balancing intact?

EDIT: Yup. According to "The Cutting Room Floor" (https://tcrf.net/Albert_Odyssey:_Legend_of_Eldean), they messed with the prices of healing items. :\
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 11:14:45 am by Gary_Oak »

megamike15

• View Profile
any plans on adding a patch for arc the lad collection? it seems those games also got their difficulty screwed up by wd. as i have read the final boss of 2  is impossible to beat unless you get a secret party member or just grind.

djroomba

• View Profile
Hi,

I saw that for Lunar SSSC on PSX, there was a patch that adjusted MP Values for Jessica. I was wondering how this was done or what the offsets are for all character skill mp values. I am fairly well versed in HEX but cannot find much related to this game to edit it so I thought I would ask.

I want to adjust mp costs for spells and skills and if I knew the offsets for these that would help.

Any other information regarding offsets for characters stats would be helpful as well as I wanted to start a hack for this game and thought that would be good place to start. Thanks.

Joe

Redd

• View Profile
Thank you for repairing so much of the damage done by WD. Their BS has long kept me from enjoying many of those games, so I really appreciate being allowed to experience them in their legit, unadulterated form (crappy dubs aside) as intended by the devs without having to play the Japanese versions.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 08:27:38 pm by Redd »

julayla

• View Profile
Re: Un-Worked Designs: Working Designs minus bullshit difficulty
« Reply #469 on: March 20, 2020, 09:52:35 am »
Voice redubs are doable considering this was amateur level voice acting back in the day, so I think anyone can pull that off if needed.

I'll just be happy with an undub since a lot of people aren't doing redubs of games too much nowadays.