News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Un-Worked Designs: Working Designs minus bullshit difficulty (Latest: Lunar 2)  (Read 194148 times)

butane bob

• View Profile
I played about 20 hours of Lunar Eternal Blue with genesis plus gx and there were no sync issues. Some emulators have a cd sync option that's disabled by default (like kega fusion), make sure you enable it.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
On the note of emulators, what emulators do you guys use to run these games + patches?  So far, the only one that's really worked reliably for me is Kega Fusion, but, well, development for it is dead.  I was thinking about using Genesis Plus GX, but using RetroArch on PC is a pain in the neck.  Is there a specific emulator you guys use?
BlastEm is working on getting more done than Genesis and SMS, but the dev wants to do it right so it's going to take time.  At this point though it's the most accurate Genesis emulator around however, moreso than GX.

In the meantime Bizhawk and RetroArch use Genesis Plus GX.  Kega Fusion is still very usable 9 years later though with Perfect Sync on, especially since it can run 32X.  Last I heard there is actually a new version out there... it just isn't available to us outside of the Polymega.  So who knows what's in store for it?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:52:04 pm by Chronosplit »

Ms. Tea

• View Profile
It's been a long time since I've replied, but I've finally finished up my fixed versions of Lunar: EB Unworked! I needed a couple files from Supper to finish this up. This contains all of the changes from Supper's original versions, along with a fix for the audio desync bug and many minor errors in the script. I haven't had the chance to play all the way through the game, so I'd love it if people could test this and let me know how it works! It should be compatible with all of your other save games.

There are two versions of the patch, compatible with the two versions of the game that are circulating. It works with BIN/CUE or CCD/IMG copies of the game. It's in xdelta3 format, and should be applied directly to your game's BIN or IMG file; please do *not* separate your game into ISO/WAV files like in the old patches. The ZIP file contains new CUE, CCD, and IMG files; please throw away your original versions of the files and use the ones that come in the ZIP instead.

EDIT: Try the newer versions later in the thread: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23436.msg387243#msg387243
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 06:44:29 pm by Ms. Tea »

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
Thanks, Ms. Tea! Works great for me.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

snatcher1996

• View Profile
Unfortunately this is not working for me.
My bin file is 584135664 bytes in size but I always get an error message when trying to directly patch it with deltapatcher.
Can someone point me to the programm / process you used to patch your image file successfully?
Thanks for your efforts, Ms. Tea.
And happy holidays to everyone :)

Ms. Tea

• View Profile
Unfortunately this is not working for me.
My bin file is 584135664 bytes in size but I always get an error message when trying to directly patch it with deltapatcher.
Can someone point me to the programm / process you used to patch your image file successfully?
Thanks for your efforts, Ms. Tea.
And happy holidays to everyone :)

Do you mind telling me what error message you got?

snatcher1996

• View Profile
Yes of course. The error message in Delta Patcher reads:

"An error has occured: xdelta3: hard window size exceeded: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

My guess is, that I am using the wrong program, which is why I asked what other people use.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
You might be having the same issue I was last year. I used xdelta UI and then updated the actual xdelta cmd program with something Ms. Tea directed me to https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23436.msg362013#msg362013
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:17:07 pm by vivify93 »
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Ms. Tea

• View Profile
Here's a couple of new versions that should work with DeltaPatcher and XdeltaUI:

These new versions are about ~13MB bigger than the last version, since I had to use an older version of xdelta to get patches that work with DeltaPatcher and XdeltaUI. I tested though, and it worked with DeltaPatcher!

These patches also fix a couple issues that were brought up to me by a tester. I accidentally overwrote some of the uncensored graphics with their original censored versions; that should be fixed in the new version. If Nota has any changed graphics, it's possible those are still censored in this patch; however, I don't think it had anything to change. If you spot something that should be a pentagram in Nota, let me know.

Zorlac

• View Profile
Ms. Tea...thank you!!!!! Works perfect now...no more de-synced audio/video and the patch process was super easy!

Ms. Tea

• View Profile
That's great! I'm so glad to hear it's working great for you.

One of my testers is playing through the full game now; once we get at least one person play through start to finish without finding any bugs, I'm happy to declare this finished and I'll put up a final release at romhacking.net.

chrisw80

• View Profile
Not able to get this working, Same issue as snatcher1996. vivify93 "solution" isn't working for me. Maybe put up a working version or package it with the working version of the patcher?

uVSthem

• View Profile
Did the Lunar 2: Eternal Blue crash on real hardware bug ever get fixed?
http://stargood.org/unworked/l2eb.php

chrisw80

• View Profile

Easy, that bug report is regarding the Playstation version.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:16:41 am by chrisw80 »

julayla

• View Profile
Once you finish the Lunar 2 situation, I wonder what other games translated by Working Designs will need to be fixed?

chrisw80

• View Profile
Once you finish the Lunar 2 situation, I wonder what other games translated by Working Designs will need to be fixed?

Long way to go if they can't get the patching situation fixed...

Duran

• View Profile
Here's a couple of new versions that should work with DeltaPatcher and XdeltaUI:

These new versions are about ~13MB bigger than the last version, since I had to use an older version of xdelta to get patches that work with DeltaPatcher and XdeltaUI. I tested though, and it worked with DeltaPatcher!

These patches also fix a couple issues that were brought up to me by a tester. I accidentally overwrote some of the uncensored graphics with their original censored versions; that should be fixed in the new version. If Nota has any changed graphics, it's possible those are still censored in this patch; however, I don't think it had anything to change. If you spot something that should be a pentagram in Nota, let me know.
Should the output file be img or bin?

Ms. Tea

• View Profile
Long way to go if they can't get the patching situation fixed...

I don't know why you think being rude is going to get you anywhere.

What problem are you having, and what tool are you using? I tested the latest version there with Deltapatcher and it works fine. Are you sure you have the latest version of the patch?

I'm sorry, but the only patch of Supper's I'm working on is the Sega CD Lunar 2.

January 17, 2020, 01:03:21 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Should the output file be img or bin?

The filename should be "lunar2.img". Don't worry, it should work with things that support BIN/CUE.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
I don't know why you think being rude is going to get you anywhere.
Not seeing rudeness myself. Frustration at the problem of applying the patches, sure, but not deliberate rudeness. It can be a very real hassle to both find and patch the correct ROM image.

chrisw80

• View Profile
Not seeing rudeness myself. Frustration at the problem of applying the patches, sure, but not deliberate rudeness. It can be a very real hassle to both find and patch the correct ROM image.

Exactly. Just make it easier and provide a direct link to what you are using. I did try all links to the patching programs that were provided with the correct Lunar 2 image but will give it another shot. I appreciate the work you are doing with this, I just want to play it. I apologize if I came off as rude and look forward to your other projects.

I tried again, it's not working gives the exact same errors that other users received. Tried it with DeltaPatcher and XDeltaUI and with the xdelta cmd program update linked from you & vivify93. I have the exact same file size as Snatcher1996, could there be a connection?

Success!!! Went and looked for the other version ending in 584488464 and that version of the patch is working in DeltaPatcher, takes a long while to patch, but working all the same. So, possibly an issue with that version of the patch for 584135664
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 09:11:02 am by chrisw80 »