News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: is Kingcom & the translators missing in action? (Translation projects)  (Read 3140 times)

Kallisto

• View Profile
http://aerie.wingdreams.net/

Xenosaga 1&2, Dragon Quest Monsters (PSX), and etc has not received any updates for quite some time now, but I think it is safe to ask what might have happened? I think I ask this before a long while back, but under the assumption it was still ongoing.

Hopefully it has not become abandoned.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:27:13 am by Kallisto »

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
Re: is Kingcom & the translators missing in action? (Translation projects)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 09:22:23 am »
I cannot comment on these projects, but I can say there are hints at Kingcom still being an active contributors. The commits to the armips project are an example of this (https://github.com/Kingcom/armips/commits/master).

I've also received "consulting" support for Super Robot Wars A Portable, R-Type Tactics II & SD Gundam G-Generation Overworld when I asked, which is great (and more recent than July 2015).
And there are exchanges for support to other projects happening, too, even if it's all "behind closed doors".

Again, I don't know the specifics of these projects you're pointing at, but the people are here.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:08 pm »
Oh I see, thank you for the update. Well the specifics I was pointing out was just the specific individuals that are currently overlooking said projects, but the blog itself seem to have remained inactive for quite some time now, I was worried something may have happened somewhere down the line...be it because of the remakes for 3DS for Dragon Quest Monsters, and Xenosaga 1/2 had lost interest or they hit a roadblock somewhere.

Glad to see though this is not the case then.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 08:15:29 am »
I'm the translator for DQM1+2. I really should get back into it. It's largely done. It mostly needs playtesting, formatting, and several largely superficial, but still somewhat substantial hacks from Kingcom. There's another guy (Oddeye) has been helping a lot. (He's extremely thorough!) but he got sidetracked by another project, and for a while I worked on it alone, but it's a ton of work for one guy to do (it's like two or three games rolled into one, with TONS of extra content)... It's not cancelled, just on the backburner. I've got to get in touch with Kingcom again. He wanted it out in 2016, but you know how things go. Once Tengai Makyou Zero is cleared up, I'll get in touch with him again, and move it up on my priority list.