News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Cargodin's Translation Project Masterpost

Started by Cargodin, January 02, 2017, 02:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cargodin

Quote from: Arminius on November 15, 2018, 12:51:09 PM
Wow, glad to see you're still working on stuff here!!

Can really imagine from your 2017 July update how your life has been busy... it`s hard doing all this stuff without a team. And living your life on top of it.

It's been a long time for sure since anyone posted anything, but I want you to know that how I (and lots of other people I`m sure) admire and appreciate all the hard work you voluntarily put into these projects. I have the utmost respect to romhackers and translators like yourself who made accessible to me in my golden days of emulation gaming, several gems of gaming like Seiken 3, Rudra no Hihou, Live a Live, and so many others.

Don't ever forget to live your life, and if you feel like continuing your projects, know that I and countless others are supporting and cheering for you!!  ;D

All the best!

Wow, that's really kind of you to say, thank you! Currently, we are making good progress on Napple Tale (the cards and fmvs have been edited and reinserted for testing. If the next UI text batch goes well, we'll honestly have only a few lines/images that still need to be pinned down before we have a full patch.) I'm really excited and I hope it pays off and becomes something everyone looking forward to the game gets to enjoy.

Arminius

Quote from: Cargodin on November 20, 2018, 06:58:47 PM
Wow, that's really kind of you to say, thank you! Currently, we are making good progress on Napple Tale (the cards and fmvs have been edited and reinserted for testing. If the next UI text batch goes well, we'll honestly have only a few lines/images that still need to be pinned down before we have a full patch.) I'm really excited and I hope it pays off and becomes something everyone looking forward to the game gets to enjoy.
Hey, merit where it's due, that's what I say! Props to you for undertaking these projects!

Those are great news!! Looks like a great release!

And which of your project would you focus on after that? I'm (as always) quite interested in Linda Cube Again, any news there?

Cargodin

No news on Linda Cubed Again, sadly. All hands are on deck for Napple Tale at the moment. I'll probably sneak around and find test-players next, but once that game is out-out, whenever that is, Esperknight has mentioned going back and manually formatting Yarudora: Double Cast, so we can scoot that game out too. I'd be happy to dive back into Linda once able, however. The game has really affected me over the years.

SpaghettiCat

I have likewise been eagerly awaiting Napple Tales. Thank you so much for your hard work, Cargodin!

I've never heard of Linda Cube Again, but I looked it up and the premise sounds really cool and original.

Cargodin

https://discord.gg/R5rCVjQ
I'll elaborate on this a bit in the header, but for those interested, Napple Tale is currently in open beta. Iwakura Pro was kind enough to host the test for us, so follow the link and read the pinned messages.

While nothing is really confirmed, Esper and I are considering a patch release on the anniversary of the game's original release in mid-October.

Saturn guru

Hello

can you update on any of the Saturn translations please.

Thanks you :)

Cargodin

Heavily updated my list. I usually keep pictures at least once a week on my twitter as it's kind of a pain to link stuff all the time, but things are scooting along still.

KobaBeach

replace my bones with pocky and throw me down a stairwell

Darth Link X

Looking forward to Linda Cube and Tengai Makyou IV translations. Keep up the good work.

synce

Lots of interesting choices. Especially looking forward to Linda Cube and Addie's Present, but also pleasantly surprised someone else has heard of Abarenbou Princess. Keep it up.  :beer:

drauch

Lots of great games in the pipeline. Keep it up!  :thumbsup:

Cargodin

Updated the roster of current projects. Planet Laika is open to testplaying to help us hammer out the remaining crude corners in the English patch. Not sure if a Christmas release is gonna happen, but we'll be extremely close by that time all the same.

Cargodin

akualung

Congratulations! Another obscure game is now available for everyone! Thanks a lot all those involved in this project and future ones like Linda Cube, etc.

Cargodin

Quote from: aqualung on February 14, 2022, 05:41:58 PM
Congratulations! Another obscure game is now available for everyone! Thanks a lot all those involved in this project and future ones like Linda Cube, etc.

Thanks so much! Esperknight, Mr. Nobody and I hope everyone enjoys Planet Laika. It'll be nice catching a breather now that it's out.  :)

February 15, 2022, 07:04:17 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

I'm glad people are playing Planet Laika and having fun! I'm tuning into some streams and making little fixes and tweaks, so we might have an update later in the week that adds that extra polish. Thank you everyone who has picked it up so far!

radicaldreamerr

Hello, I hope you'll forgive me coming out of the blue like this, but I would be glad to help translating Tengai Makyou IV, if you're looking for any help that is.
I made an account on rhdn in hope that I would find someone who was willing to collaborate on a translation or take care of the editing/hacking etc. -and that's when I found this thread.

It's also true that, unfortunately, I do not have any reference since this would be my first project, however I think I could make for a valid collabotator:
-I have played the game myself twice already (both Saturn and PSP), so I'm quite familiar with the script and their variariations (eg インディアン vs. 赤き民).
-I'm getting my bachelor in Japanese this year, and though I haven't been able to take a JLPT test yet, I'd say that my level fluctuates somewhere between N3 and N2.
-I own and have read the official strategy guides which contain valuable information.
-I have already started translating character names, recurring terms (暗黒教団、火の紋章、魔物ハンター etc.) items, spells and skills and their respective in-game descriptions on my own. Let me know if you'd like to take a look at it and I'll PM it to you.
-I have played other Tengai Makyou games and lots of JRPGs in general. TMIV is by far my favorite in the series and one of my favorite games in general.

I look forward to hearing from you! I'd be very excited to work on this project since it's a very dear game to me, it's what motivated me into starting this project on my own despite my lack of experience.

Cargodin

mikeprado30

knight0fdragon

I have some hacking notes on Omakase savers.  If you join the Sega Saturnm Shiro! discord (https://discord.gg/QPDwHKxV8c ,) you can find some of my notes by searching for Omakase in the translation channel.

richterwilker

Pretty cool to see Tengai Makyou 4 getting some love. I can't do much to help but wait (or maybe offer myself to be a playtester in the future), but just knowing that it will be done some time later fills me with joy.
Thanks for the effort and all the hard work, you guys are saints for that. And i'm also hyped for Linda Cube, of course.