News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Lufia I Restored 2.4.6 | Lufia III Text Cleanup 2.2 | Frue Lufia Addendum 2.4  (Read 31499 times)

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
Hopefully someone can patch in Always Retry to Frue Lufia at some point

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 11:48:54 pm by vivify93 »
Check out and discuss my projects

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
Thanks.

Weirdly enough I've tried to apply the Trilogy Addendum patch to a rom file but when it just shows a black screen on OpenEmu. Shoud I try finding a different rom?

UPDATE: Tried a different rom and it worked. My advice is to look out for a rom that has (U) at the end of the file. That indicates that it's a No-Header file.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:49:03 pm by MD_Prometh »

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
headers can be dealt with in TUSH or RHDN's online patcher.

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
what do you mean "re-extract?" like you have to unzip TUSH from its archive? or do you mean you have to do a special process? i don't understand what the issue could possibly be.
It means unzipping TUSH from its archive. I deleted it accidentally while reclaiming disk space.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
then that's not a problem. it was never a problem and you didn't need to tell me about it. use rhdn's online patcher and stop bothering me and filling up my thread with your unrelated issues. i am not the source of all your life's problems, dude, i'm sorry

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
A few requests for L1 Restored:
1. Make wipeouts less frustrating. Maybe by removing the "half gold" or "everyone except Hero dead" penalties, because it's frustrating to lose half of my gold and having to use only Hero to farm up 20 Roozards to get the money to revive the other party members and rest to restore HP/MP afterwards.
2. Rewrite some menu text. "[name]'s HP/MP restored" (used for "fully restores HP/MP" spells/items) could be rewritten into "[name]'s HP/MP maxed out", for example.
3. Rewrite the dialogue from the intro to be consistent with Frue Lufia's end sequence.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 01:58:03 am by lan-vuhoang »

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
go away

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
Rules of Thumb:

General community ethics suggest the following rules of thumb. While not official rules you will be penalized for, repeated failure to act appropriately will likely cause your peers to report you for a rule 1 violation.

[...]
It is never a good idea to request someone else do work for you. That includes asking for someone to make a utility, do a translation, write a document etc.
Yamero~~!

Artemis

• View Profile
I don't get all that hostility here.

It's perfectly valid to request something about a project from the very creator of said project. That post is absolutely fine.

Of course, that doesn't mean you as creator have to agree, oblige, or even react at all.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
youre absolutely right on that aspect--but it gets so... exhausting for me to outline my goals or my lack of skills and for people to ask for the moon. lan has been hounding me for more and more changes and problems (most of which haven't been my fault) and i'm just overwhelmed and i want it to stop.

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
I don't get all that hostility here.

It's perfectly valid to request something about a project from the very creator of said project. That post is absolutely fine.

Of course, that doesn't mean you as creator have to agree, oblige, or even react at all.

I wonder if you were here back in 2011-12. It got pretty out of hand. RHDN runs a tight ship, and they have their reasons. I know it seems like it should be a totally chill thing, but in reality working with computers (especially in ways that they may not have been designed for, that is, game modding and the like) is a high-stress hobby. Computers are notoriously obtuse to work with, especially when you're talking about decades-obsolete technology.

The rules clearly state that you should never ask a creator when a project is going to be done, and it's considered bad form to make requests if the creator has not clearly stated that they wish to take requests. People just don't read the rules, and many of them don't have any concept of manners or respecting the time/patience of others.

The rules are the rules, and it's been determined in this situation (by the administrators of the site) that they be hewn to closely.

I don't see it as hostility; it's a matter of keeping things under control. 2011-2012 or so got pretty... weird.
Yamero~~!

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
With the Lufia 3 Text Cleanup's "Thin Dialogue Box" patch, 2 lines are wasted at the bottom of the intro text scroll due to not being needed:

This is a minor problem, but still one nonetheless.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
Thank you for the worthwhile report, Lan. This is something I haven't seen fit to fix. Plus, Rainponcho went MIA so I can't exactly ask him.

ParaParadise

• View Profile
Good evening, recently I've been playing your Lufia & the Fortress of Doom Restored patch and it's been great fun!
However, I think I may have run into a minor bug (not fully sure if that's even the proper term haha). It seems that the MC is unable to equip the Might Helmet and the Might Shield. I'm not an expert at this, but I suspect it might have been a side effect of allowing Lufia/Selan to equip them in one of the recent patches.
Is there a way I can have him equip them? Everyone else can equip him just fine except him.
Thanks in advance and keep up the great work! :beer:

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for the report! Wow, this was quite a blunder on my part. I don't even know how it happened. (Kind of like I didn't remember changing Sorrowful to Devastate, lol.) It's fixed now. To make it seem more proper...

Update for Lufia I: v2.4.5 - The boys can equip the Might Sword/Armor, and everyone can equip the Might Helmet/Shield.

Edit 1 - Yes, the checksum is wrong. I'll release v2.4.6 a little later with the corrected sum, lol.
Edit 2 - 2.4.6 is submitted. There are no gameplay changes, but an important little story detail was quietly fixed, lol. The checksum was corrected, too.

Edit 3 - 2.4.6 is up
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 04:55:23 pm by vivify93 »

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
So, I once get a glitch where the Flood spell's animation would cause the battle palettes to get corrupted, but haven't managed to replicate it again or take a screenshot. IDK whether it was a bug with the original game, the patch, or Retroarch's SNES9X core.

Otherwise, great patch! Retry mode was WAY too easy, so I just blazed through everything without a real need to grind. Currently going to the Oil Cave right now.