News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Lufia I Restored 2.4.6 | Lufia III Text Cleanup 2.2 | Frue Lufia Addendum 2.4  (Read 31498 times)

Artemis

• View Profile
I see. So the code should be useful to save that current playthrough, though.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
Lufia I Restored 2.4.3 | Lufia III Text Cleanup 2.1 | Frue Lufia Addendum 2.4
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2021, 06:39:17 pm »
i mean, not really. Try Again mode works just like Retry mode in Lufia II. you start a new game but enemies give quadruple exp/gold. unless lan wants to start their playthrough over, they're stuck with normal exp/gold rewards.

Edit - 2.4.3 is now out. There have been no changes to the patches, and they're in fact still at 2.4.2. However, a new patch called "Always Retry Mode" has been bundled that offers Retry as soon as you launch the game the first time--no need to unlock it by beating the game first. Thanks to Justin3009 for this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 05:00:13 am by vivify93 »
Check out and discuss my projects

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
Did the "Always Retry Mode" patch works with existing save files?

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
yes, it should--but remember, all this does is make it so you don't have to unlock the retry mode. it does not make it so your regular new game is a retry mode.

if you want to play with 4x exp and gold you have to start the entire game over on retry mode.

does that make sense?

Lumiere

• View Profile
For some reason, your newer patch for Lufia I is not compatible with JCE3000GT's Lufia I editor while your earlier ones did work. Is there any way for you to make it compatible again?

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
interesting stuff. thanks for pointing it out, lumiere.

i was able to get it to work by removing the header of my output ROM. while messing around in the editor i found out that the hero is supposed to know Bravery at LV 1 but can't due to a bug. i might add in JCE's bug fix in a later version.

edit - decided to do this real quick.

- Lufia/Selan can equip Might Helmet/Might Shield (Because why not)
- Hero learns Bravery at LV 2
- Removed header of all 3 patches

i'll notify this thread when it's up.

edit - it's up but i just submitted lufia 3 v2.2. i want to reserve my new post for when both are up.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 11:36:56 am by vivify93 »

erinsjennings

• View Profile
Probably going to be releasing 2.2 of Lufia III eventually here. The vampire woman Camila should probably be Carmilla. I'll also change those enemy attacks as I outlined earlier this month. (Reverting "Speech Practice" to "Voice Training", and changing "Hell Fire" to "Hellflame".)

Your work is admirable. Lufia III is one of my favorite games. I've also always been curious as to what the PSX version might have been like, if it had been completed and localized properly--your work helps inform my understanding. Looking forward to 2.2.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
Thanks for the kind words, Erin. ;D Lufia III is so criminally underrated.

V2.4.4 of Lufia I Restored is out.
- Removes the need for a headered ROM
- Lufia/Selan can wear the Might Helmet/Shield
- Hero learns Bravery at LV 2

V2.2 of Lufia III Text Cleanup is also out.
- Enemy Camila -> Carmilla
- Enemy attack Hell Flame -> Hellflame
- Enemy attack Hell Fire -> Hellblaze
- Enemy attack Speech Practice -> Voice Training
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 06:16:35 pm by vivify93 »

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
Does Lufia II have an Always Retry hack? Hopefully it can be applied to Frue Lufia.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 08:52:40 am by MD_Prometh »

the_grobe

• View Profile
even if it's possible, Lufia 2 is totally worth playing the right way, IMO.

Fortress of Doom is pretty rudimentary.  If not for the sequels, I don't think anyone would still be talking about FoD.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
Does Lufia II have an Always Retry hack? Hopefully it can be applied to Frue Lufia.
It does. You can find it in Artemis' Lufia-Patches.

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=20324.0

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
So does the Spekkio patch, besides the inclusion of the Always Restart mod, include the Trilogy Addendum? According to a review, the last two bosses seem to require very specific strategies and armor.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 07:00:12 pm by MD_Prometh »

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
I've only ever concerned myself with Frue Lufia. I don't have support for Artemis' other projects. Sorry.

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
So, will Bravery get added to Hero's spell list when reloading a save from a previous version?

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
No. If you've leveled up past LV 2, he won't learn it.

Artemis

• View Profile
I have no problem extending the patch towards Spekkio or Kureji. In fact, it might even make more sense to base the addendum patch on Frue as base ROM instead of vanilla. That way you don't need to care about every little possible upcoming change at all, that is, if there will be any update, anyway.

And the last two bosses of Spekkio don't need THAT specific stuff. You just need a decent grasp of all of Lufia 2's battle system mechanics. That is, if you get overwhelmed your first thought better is "How can I optimize my strategies and tactics?" instead of "I have to grind to level 99 and farm stat potions for hours!".

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
Let's just hope that normal game cheats work on Frue Lufia, because I don't want my (end-game) Dragon Egg hunt to be suddenly interrupted by having to spend 10-ish hours with fast forward on getting the Ancient Key in case one of the DE's replace one of the AC rewards.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 08:21:39 am by lan-vuhoang »

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
the eggs can't replace those anymore.

read the list of changes/fixes https://pastebin.com/HjMi3ieF
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 09:02:04 am by vivify93 »

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
Well, L1 header problems returned. Since it now requires a headerless ROM, I have to re-extract TUSH to make it work.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 04:15:59 am by lan-vuhoang »

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
what do you mean "re-extract?" like you have to unzip TUSH from its archive? or do you mean you have to do a special process? i don't understand what the issue could possibly be.

dude you should be well aware of the issues with headers and ROMs by now. it is 2022. the fact that your ROM is headered is truly not my problem, i'm sorry. i am not the person who dumped your ROM from the cartridge in 1996, i was a 3-year-old.

if you don't like having TUSH on your PC try using RHDN's online patcher. https://www.romhacking.net/patch/

1. Get your headered Lufia 1 ROM
2. Load the ROM into RHDN's patcher
3. Click the box that says "remove header"
4. Load the Lufia 1 Restored patch into RHDN's patcher
5. Click "Apply Patch" and download
6. Load your headerless Lufia 1 Restored ROM into RHDN's patcher
7. Load the Always Retry patch into RHDN's patcher
8. Click "Apply Patch" and download

if by "re-extracting TUSH" you don't mean just unzipping it from the archive or whatever i apologize for the rudeness. but frankly lan-vuhoang i do not have the patience for your behavior anymore