News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Lufia I Restored 2.4.6 | Lufia III Text Cleanup 2.2 | Frue Lufia Addendum 2.4  (Read 31510 times)

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
all my patches' new updates get applied to a fresh rom :D

EDIT - L:TLR has the proper documentation now. no updates to the patch, though.

edit 2 - not worth a new post 2 years later but i redid the documentation for both games. still no patch updates, though i noticed a few enemy names in lufia iii that could've used 'em.

there's a "hell fire" that should probably be "Hellfire" or "Hellflame" or something, and a few repeated "dash" attacks. plus idk why i changed "voice training" to "speech practice", that was so unneeded lol
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 07:27:51 pm by vivify93 »
Check out and discuss my projects

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
The Lufia 1 patch seems to be broken. In RetroArch's bsnes-mercury core, it shows a black screen, while the SNES9x core shows a glitched copyright screen.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
It sounds to me like your ROM is unheadered. You need a headered ROM.

the_grobe

• View Profile
The Lufia 1 patch seems to be broken. In RetroArch's bsnes-mercury core, it shows a black screen, while the SNES9x core shows a glitched copyright screen.

Works fine here. Patch requires a headered rom.

Edit: Beat me to it

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
Thank you. It works now. My post-prologue vanilla save could even be used with this hack so I don't have to refight the Sinistrals as Maxim & co. again.

Artemis

• View Profile
What's the deal with the Devastate attack from Lufia 1's final boss? Look as if does absolutely nothing.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
Do you mean Sorrowful (originally Melanchoy)? I'm not sure, but I think it's supposed to be Guard Daos trying to use Slaughter Wave and failing because Erim isn't a part of it.

Artemis

• View Profile
Actually Melanchoy is called Devastate and not Sorrowful. Amon uses that, too.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1225238101

« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 09:28:49 am by Artemis »

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
Re: Lufia I Restored 242 | Lufia III Text Cleanup 2.1 | Frue Lufia Addendum 2.4
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2021, 01:37:56 pm »
Wow, I don't remember renaming it at all. Sorry. I don't remember exactly why I did; maybe I was trying to name it after "Devastation Wave." Now that I know Amon uses it as well, I'll rename it back to Sorrowful.

v2.4.2 has been submitted.

it's up now
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 05:47:13 pm by vivify93 »

Greyfield

• View Profile
Hi Vivify,

Is your Frue Lufia Addendum patch built off Frue Lufia 3.0 or the 4.0 version that's on RHDN now?  The original post from 2016 says 3.0, but I wasn't sure if you just forgot to update it.

Thanks!

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
Probably 3.0. I can look into 4.0 and see if there's anything significant I want to add.

Edit - I remember now. 4.0 is just text changes from FL Addendum that Artemis added to Frue Lufia. So I don't need to incorporate any changes, lol. I do know the important part, bug fixes, was finished years and years ago. So you don't need to worry about missing any of those.

Greyfield

• View Profile
Thanks for the quick reply, Vivify!

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
Probably going to be releasing 2.2 of Lufia III eventually here. The vampire woman Camila should probably be Carmilla. I'll also change those enemy attacks as I outlined earlier this month. (Reverting "Speech Practice" to "Voice Training", and changing "Hell Fire" to "Hellflame".)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 10:33:51 am by vivify93 »

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
This is not a complain with the mod itself, but Lufia 1 is hard as hell. I was about to go into the Lighthouse, but the enemies keep beating me up. I ended up using a "Enemies Will Leave Clear Silks 70% Of The Time" code, but it ended up also giving me way more XP and gold than needed, making the Clear Silk/Seethru Silk unnecessary. My question is, could there be an option to make the game easier, like the "Double XP & Meseta" patch in PSII Improvement?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 01:03:21 am by lan-vuhoang »

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
If you're getting hurt in an RPG, the logical conclusion is to go back to where you were before and grind up some more levels... why is it you are so impatient? It's not a thing where you want to just zap through the game. RPGs are about enjoying the journey there.
Yamero~~!

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
Recruited Jerin, and it's funny that everyone is LV20-ish, except Jerin, who is still at his starting LV14.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
This is not a complain with the mod itself, but Lufia 1 is hard as hell. I was about to go into the Lighthouse, but the enemies keep beating me up. I ended up using a "Enemies Will Leave Clear Silks 70% Of The Time" code, but it ended up also giving me way more XP and gold than needed, making the Clear Silk/Seethru Silk unnecessary. My question is, could there be an option to make the game easier, like the "Double XP & Meseta" patch in PSII Improvement?
My advice for people playing Lufia I is to play the game on Retry Mode (Try Again Mode in vanilla). You get 4x EXP and gold. I can probably send you a SRM with this mode unlocked, but Retry Mode basically starts a new game for you. There's no way to import it into your save now, as far as I'm aware.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 06:40:31 pm by vivify93 »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Yes. Lufia I was probably designed from the 8-bit era RPG mentality of expecting players to grind (as a result of getting lost and confused about where to go) and the Try Again unlockable was probably a way of making it accessible for repeat playthroughs.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Artemis

• View Profile
I guess for Lufia 1 it makes sense to directly include Retry from the very start. I found this PAR code: 70180101
So maybe it can be included within the overall patch.

Besides, there's also this: http://ngplus.net/index.php?/forums/topic/94-lufia-hard-mode-complete/

While it's labeled as hard mode, from what I read it may actually more some kind of rebalancing - with cheaper items and higher drop rates compensating for the higher difficulty. Didn't play it myself, though.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Bang Bang
    • View Profile
I guess for Lufia 1 it makes sense to directly include Retry from the very start. I found this PAR code: 70180101
So maybe it can be included within the overall patch.
I'll see about releasing this PAR code baked in as a bonus patch for Lufia 1. Thanks!

Edit 1 - I am at a 100% loss on how to write a PAR code to a ROM

Edit 2 - Apparently this is writing to SRAM, so it's not a ROM issue

Edit 3 - Justin3009 looked into it for me. v2.4.3 was submitted to RHDN
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 06:02:59 pm by vivify93 »