News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Gokinjo Boukentai Update  (Read 980 times)

Celeste

• View Profile
Gokinjo Boukentai Update
« on: May 10, 2019, 12:00:21 am »
GideonZhi, 730, and I have been working on a little project called Gokinjo Boukentai for a while now and I am sad to say we have come to a standstill at the time being. Gokinjo Boukentai is an Earthbound-esque game where you control a kindergartner named Mana with a group of fellow kindergarteners on a quest from God, interesting, right?

We would still appreciate some help proofreading the final script, but that’s pretty much all of the translation we have left right now. We still have to wait to get the script done and then added by Gid. However we are very close to being done!(with the story lines anyway)  I believe we have roughly translated nearly every story line and still need to extract and translate the item and move names though.

By the way, if anyone has access to the Gokinjo Boukentai original guide, that would be a great resource to help us out with.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:16:52 am by Celeste »

aqualung

• View Profile
Re: Gokinjo Boukentai Update
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 08:02:34 am »
I'm sad the project is now at a standstill. It hurts so much when a project that is in a near completion state gets halted. Also, It's a game I've been waiting to be completed for so long.

I wish I had the skill to be able to help you proofreading the script, but I'm not sure what exactly proofreading entails. Would I need any romhacking knowledge or very solid Japanese skills to do so? I've been studying Japanese for around three years, but I recently burned up and have disconnected from the studies for a time until I decide if I continue trying or abandon Japanese studies completely. I am not proficient enough to fully translate an rpg, though, but I can read and understand simple/medium texts to some extent.

Nevertheless, if you consider I can be of any help in this project, just contact me. Thanks a lot to you all for your efforts in translating this game.