News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Recruiting Dept. Heaven Translation Team!  (Read 988 times)

GamerFlame718

• View Profile
Recruiting Dept. Heaven Translation Team!
« on: January 07, 2017, 02:31:14 pm »
Hey everyone! I'm new to this but I'm attempting to assemble a team to help translate all of the Dept. Heaven games that have not been released internationally or been translated otherwise. If you are interested, feel free to reply and let me know if you want to be part of the team.

Games include: Blaze Union and Gloria Union.

Current Team Members:
GamerFlame718
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 09:55:16 pm by GamerFlame718 »

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: Recruiting Dept. Heaven Translation Team!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 07:08:20 pm »
Generally threads like this amount to nothing. Too many have tried thinking they can pull off a project and it just ends up bogged down so everybody expects more from a recruitment pitch.

Are you a hacker or translator? If you are the former then have you pulled apart this game and hacked it a bit? You can make it display the alphabet, lorem ipsum, quick brown fox... it really does not matter as long as you can show changes to the game. In a pinch as you are going for a series then maybe show some stuff done on the others in the series, and though changes are good a script dump or something can also work if it is going to be serious effort to get it to display worthwhile changes (if you have to hack in a VFW to get it looking nice then though that would be nice it is not necessary if you have some other means of demonstration). If you need someone to help with some aspect then that is fine, just as long as you can get the project rolling.
If you are pitching yourself as a translator then you will also want to show something you have done before, or some other measure of ability.
If you are neither then good luck. There are very few people out there which can be a "project manager"/"series expert" or something similar for this sort of thing, and most of those are people which have done a bit of the other two previously.

In any case you will also want to showcase the games a bit, for the sake of prospective hackers what systems they are on, and why someone might want to spend time fiddling with them. Not everybody will know every game and some may hack for the sake of hacking rather than for a game they themselves are desperate to play. For instance I had no idea about this team as a team, though I did play Riveria and Yggdra Union on the GBA and though I can see why some like them I did not really.

flame

• View Profile
Re: Recruiting Dept. Heaven Translation Team!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 07:34:23 pm »
Just pick Blaze Union to work on. Or the other, whichever you think is better.

For Blaze Union:
Here is the data crystal page. There are some hacking notes. http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Blaze_Union
There is a really good translation of the first few levels here that you can use: http://www.lltvg.com/wiki/Blaze_Union/ja-en

Yes you have to hack VWF but I think it's very possible.