News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Capcom Music? How and what to do?

Started by knekt, January 16, 2022, 08:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knekt

Hello!

I'm working on a ROM hack for mega man 3 and I'd like to put some new tunes in it to make it a bit more authentic.
So I've got the Capcom Music Editor, which is said to be perfect for the game in question.

I have used 'FamiTracker' so I have an idea of what I'd expect from the tracker window, but the rest of this, I have no idea what I'm doing... Does this even have a playback function?
The '?' buttons explain what the button next to it does, and that's fine, but just like the readme file, it's very vague for a noob, and it skips ahead and assumes you have a bounch of cryptic stuff figured out already.

Say I already know how to make music, or say I already have all of my songs composed in the nsf format, then like I said, I'd like to put the tracks in my hack, but I can't find any info on the web on how to do it. Perhaps I'm bad at searching?

TLDR: I would preferr to compose the nsf files in 'FamiStudio', and import them to the game, just overwriting the data on the SongID addresses.

If you have the knowledge on how to do this kind of stuff, I'd really appreciate if you could shed some light on this.

Cheers!