News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: How can I make Final Fantasy Origins (PSX) more colorful and brighter ?  (Read 2894 times)

SORASUNYU

• View Profile
I want to play this game on PSP, and I want a patch to fix it.Whoever can help me? Thanks.

Digitsie

• View Profile
Re: How can I make Final Fantasy Origins (PSX) more colorful and brighter ?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:28:37 am »
Wouldn't it be easier to just get FF1 and 2 for the PSP?

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 06:48:27 pm »
Wouldn't it be easier to just get FF1 and 2 for the PSP?
Butting in, but this is a good question and I wrote up reviews for the lot of the FF1 games not long ago so I did a little research on this.  There are usually two reasons why some prefer Origins:

1. Origins still has the charge casting system, which in it's own way ends up with the game playing differently among mages.  Some say the balance went boom.
2. Orgins has a difficulty setting that GBA onward doesn't.  This is because for whatever reason, Square-Enix decided to throw out the normal difficulty and just default the game forevermore into easy mode.

PSP is basically the GBA version but with better graphics, a gallery, and more new dungeons.  Kind of like how the PS1 version is to NES (but with no dungeons and more bugfixes outside of the now-existing FF1 restored patch).

NoOneee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 08:24:47 pm »
If you have a PSP3000 or PSP Go you can set the color space to "Vivid" to make the colors more intense.