no we didnt die or abandon the project
just not really much to say here, but figured i'll just write up something anyway.
I just pretty much finished playing the game with a pre-alpha patch now and aside a couple cosmetics issue, the only piece of engine work left is now the dreaded job system that's still a mess (although it's not crashing anymore, it prints garbage and blank strings allover the place.)
on the cosmetics side;
- rare gear vendor has a tricky string that goes out of it's textbox
- battle win screen item descriptions box still needs to be made wider
- A-Z ordering for biography menu is needed
on the code side;
- char creation name input is being a bitch and needs a rework
- job system
- hi-res textures are randomly corrupting graphics palettes (causes a crash on hardware)
- dual audio in-game implementation hasnt been looked into yet, but if possible it will happen (causes removal of main menu music player and install data function.)
so yeah, it's not perfect but it's playable and overall in a really good shape.
DDSTrans coded Tom a nifty tool to allow visualizing the translation prior to inserting it into the game, and that combined to the fact that i've been testing the translated scripts in-game while i've been playing has put the script from it's done parts into a really good shape.
While we will definitely hold a betatest prior to release, it's really nice to see how polished it actually is already. Haven't found more than a little handful of typos/spelling errors so far and we've weeded them out as found so aside the few things i've missed/will miss im fairly confident that even the beta will already be in a fairly polished shape.