News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Tengai Makyou Zero translation project  (Read 193044 times)

dejan07

• View Profile
Re: Tengai Makyou Zero translation project
« Reply #760 on: October 19, 2017, 09:02:18 am »
Question is does Doug understands what readme section means? Can you ask him this in his native portuguese?

cospefogo

• "Take this silver dagger to save your neck."
    • View Profile
    • Fliperamas
« Reply #761 on: October 19, 2017, 09:13:03 am »
Question is does Doug understands what readme section means? Can you ask him this in his native portuguese?

Of course he understands...
He used to translate a lot of games from English to Portuguese.
Anyway, since you just suggested, dejan07, let me help:

Oi, DougRPG! Tá todo mundo nervoso aqui, numa ânsia desgraçada, pra jogar a rom traduzida, e falta só você enviar a sua parte de contribuição pro README que o Tom está elaborando. Abraxas, meu caro!

Cospefogo.
"Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard.
If they're a benefit, it's not my problem."

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 19, 2017, 09:15:02 am »
Of course he understands English. He's been posting in English, and he was speaking English in his video. He doesn't need me to attempt to write to him in Portuguese. I don't know Portuguese. He's told me several times that he plans to write it eventually. Maybe he's trying to negotiate with the SNES9X developer, maybe he's reworking his own SNES9x hack, or maybe he's planning to include a write-up of how to modify the cart.

I really don't know, but it's his section, and he can write whatever he wants. I'm sure he'll do it eventually.

DougRPG

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 19, 2017, 10:02:32 am »
Tom, I'm writing the readme right now. Don't worry, I'll write only a few lines. I wanted to make this video first.

About english my problem is the talking and pronunciation. But I can read any book in english. It seems strange, but I prefer to read books in english rather than portuguese.
Pronunciation needs training, and I don't have anyone to talk in a daily basis.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 19, 2017, 11:12:05 am »
Yeah, your posts and your video make it clear that your English is very good, Doug. It's clear that you read a lot.

The only thing that was off about your pronunciation was the way you pronounced "chip." (It sounded like "ship.") But it's clear from the context that you meant chip, so nobody would honestly be confused. Other than that, everything sounded fine to me.

Well, wait... There was one other thing. You DID say NiniJI instead of NiniGI. Your Japanese pronunciation was off there, but you get a pass on that because that's not English. :laugh:

I'm looking forward to seeing your contribution to the readme!

cospefogo

• "Take this silver dagger to save your neck."
    • View Profile
    • Fliperamas
« Reply #765 on: October 19, 2017, 11:35:18 am »
(...) You DID say NiniJI instead of NiniGI. (...)

Yeah, Tom.
Portuguese is tricky when using Js, Gs and Ds.

To sound like じ, we need to use D = Di.
To sound like ぎ and げ, we need to use, respectively, Gui and Gue.
While が、ご and ぐ stays the same, Ga, Go and Gu.

So, when there are words in ROMAJI and we don't know the correct reading, a lot of confusion happens, ha ha. I used to have some Japanese-to-Portuguese books some time ago but it was a pain to study on them. All the romaji were changed to reflect the Portuguese pronunciation. HORRIBLE! The best ones should ever use kana!

Imagine...
げんじん romanized as GUENDIN.
OUCH!!!!!!!

Regards,
C.
"Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard.
If they're a benefit, it's not my problem."

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 19, 2017, 01:20:01 pm »
Yeah, Tom.
Portuguese is tricky when using Js, Gs and Ds.

To sound like じ, we need to use D = Di.
To sound like ぎ and げ, we need to use, respectively, Gui and Gue.
While が、ご and ぐ stays the same, Ga, Go and Gu.

So, when there are words in ROMAJI and we don't know the correct reading, a lot of confusion happens, ha ha. I used to have some Japanese-to-Portuguese books some time ago but it was a pain to study on them. All the romaji were changed to reflect the Portuguese pronunciation. HORRIBLE! The best ones should ever use kana!

Imagine...
げんじん romanized as GUENDIN.
OUCH!!!!!!!

Regards,
C.

That's fascinating. Thanks for the explanation!

Actually, I use a similar tactic when I have to get people to be able to say a Japanese phrase without knowing Japanese. I tend to spell it out for them using more familiar English spellings. ("Ten Guy Mock Yo" style.)

Of course, learning the language without any approximations in another language is best, but for people who just want to say a phrase or two, and are not serious about learning the language, it gets the job done!

barbe_folle

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 19, 2017, 01:40:35 pm »
We French are much more lucky. Except for h aspirated, everything seems natural for us :P

I hope Doug will allow us to try TMZ very soon. In any case good job everybody  :thumbsup:

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 19, 2017, 04:16:30 pm »
Oi, DougRPG! Tá todo mundo nervoso aqui, numa ânsia desgraçada, pra jogar a rom traduzida, e falta só você enviar a sua parte de contribuição pro README que o Tom está elaborando. Abraxas, meu caro!

In good portuguese:

Olá DougRPG! Todo mundo aqui está bastante nervoso com uma ânsia danada pra jogar a rom traduzida, agora só falta você enviar a descrição de sua contribuição no projeto para o README que o Tom está fazendo. Um abraço meu chapa.

Sorry for the exhibitionism, but I could not resist...  ;)
But thank you all for this project, I can not wait for the launch too. :beer:

dejan07

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 19, 2017, 09:36:38 pm »
In good portuguese:

Olá DougRPG! Todo mundo aqui está bastante nervoso com uma ânsia danada pra jogar a rom traduzida, agora só falta você enviar a descrição de sua contribuição no projeto para o README que o Tom está fazendo. Um abraço meu chapa.

Sorry for the exhibitionism, but I could not resist...  ;)
But thank you all for this project, I can not wait for the launch too. :beer:

This is what i am talking about! Great job darthvaderx!!!

DougRPG

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 19, 2017, 09:58:19 pm »
Just sent Tom my readme contribution.
If there are no errors, then my participation in this translation is over. I'm kind of sad right now  :'( :woot!:.

Aeana

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 19, 2017, 10:14:57 pm »
Just sent Tom my readme contribution.
If there are no errors, then my participation in this translation is over. I'm kind of sad right now  :'( :woot!:.
Yesss! Thanks for all of your hard work, Doug!

Psst, if you really want to do more, you could figure out how to modify the  snes9x Retroarch core that people have running on the SNES Classic (I think it's snes9x 2010) so that people can play the translation on there. But that's just a nice to have, no pressure on that!

DougRPG

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 19, 2017, 10:35:48 pm »
Quote from: Aeana
Psst, if you really want to do more, you could figure out how to modify the  snes9x Retroarch core that people have running on the SNES Classic (I think it's snes9x 2010) so that people can play the translation on there. But that's just a nice to have, no pressure on that!

Yes, I'll try to run in Retroarch. I still need to recompile the Snes9x I have here.
But is this core running on the Snes Classic compatible with the japanese rom? If so, than any developer that can recompile the core can add the support.

Aeana

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 19, 2017, 11:04:05 pm »
Yes. Maybe once you show what needs to be done, I can take a crack at it myself.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 19, 2017, 11:08:02 pm »
Well, with the readme complete, I'll release the link to the packaging.

Which means that it's time to emulate that feeling most of us had back in the day...

It's the mid 90's. Hudson is alive and well, and you're being driving back from the game store with a brand new game in your hand: Tengai Makyou Zero in English! Sitting in the car, you open the box and look at EVERYTHING! You can't wait to get home. The drive feels like it'll take FOREVER, but you're having fun reading every detail in the manual over and over again.

All of the game's packaging, including the box, manual, inserts, map, skill chart, and survey card have been translated, and are available for download at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1rdmclp1kfpqkjo/AAB_mkjdbMm4IYqC5GqfCfhga?dl=0

The "digital" png/jpeg options are for viewing the manual/packaging on electronic devices in whatever resolution you prefer. The "print" option has another version of the manual, with the pages re-ordered for easy printing. Each option includes all of the packaging.

(Packaging Credits)

Packaging translation:
Tom

Packaging editing and layout:
Cargodin

Packaging resources used by Cargodin:
https://michaelmannucci.deviantart.com/
http://vgboxart.com/designer/Reza/
http://vgboxart.com/forums/showthread.php?27971-Ervo-s-Super-Famicom-Template

With all of that said, look over all of the materials! Print them out, and make your own box set! (Please share pictures and videos, if you do! Send me a message on twitter @retrotranslator!)

So, when will this long drive home end? In other words, when the patch will be released?

Tengai Makyou Zero was released in Japan nearly 22 years ago, on December 22nd. The patch will be released (if all goes well) on October 22nd, Japanese time. (It may be available earlier than that, depending on your time zone.)

Spread the word!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:11:24 am by Tom »

Melchior

• Sage of Life
    • View Profile
    • Baron Engineer Nation
« Reply #775 on: October 19, 2017, 11:18:02 pm »
you guys mentioned SNES9x.... hmm..
(v1.55.0) is out on the beta/test-build download list..
The main download list in-case anyway one needs it
http://www.snes9x.com/downloads.php
https://sites.google.com/site/bearoso/

http://www.s9x-w32.de/dl/testbuilds/?C=M;O=D
Latest test build v1.55.0 is labeled as/dated as  10/10/2017
snes9x_testbuild_10102017.zip

for testing the latest
Short changelog since 1.54.1

- MSU-1 pack support by quertymodo
- Pixel placement in hires
- Fixes for a few games

- MSU-1 support by quertymodo
- BSX changes by LuigiBlood
- Fixes movie playback crash

- Test for hotplugging issues

but the src... =/
for v1.55.0 was not posted yet..
you will probably have to ask for it... forums maybe? :/

but the only reference to FEoEZ/TM:Z :P 
in the v1.54.1 change log... because the change log included with v1.55.0 is short...
Snes9x 1.52
- Merged bsnes' SPC7110 emulation code. Note that the .rtc
  file of Far East of Eden Zero is incompatible with older
  versions. 
so can it play the original I guess?
but I won't know till the patch is released...
LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN! ;)

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 19, 2017, 11:20:58 pm »
So well, at last the almost eternal wait is near to be finished.

Thanks a HUGE lot once again to Tom, DougRPG, DDSTranslations, FlashPV, Cargodin and the whole band of beta testers, and could be also extended to everyone who tried in the past to make any work in this game (the guys from DeJap, byuu, esperknight?, etc.).  You don't even know what this release will mean to myself  ;)

Merr Clone

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 19, 2017, 11:36:40 pm »

Tengai Makyou Zero was released in Japan nearly 22 years ago, on December 22nd. The patch will be released (if all goes well) on October 22nd, Japanese time. (It may be available earlier than that, depending on your time zone.)

Spread the word!

Holy! Wow! Sounds like starting a new week with a new game, and yes if all goes well.

I would want to thank you, and the rest of the team, for releasing a new SFC RPG to enjoy, and to think that later enough I would think about all of those times where I thought that, aside from Oriental Blue and Kabuki Klash, there would be no way that I'll ever play a TM game in English. Thank you all so much!

Melchior

• Sage of Life
    • View Profile
    • Baron Engineer Nation
« Reply #778 on: October 20, 2017, 12:12:31 am »
Though this time system has me..
perplexed...
read further... meh what a headache...
come back in an hour... lol :P
and if I miss it? lol :P

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 20, 2017, 01:21:53 am »
If you downloaded the set at any point before the past half-hour, redownload it. There was an oversight on the map. Cryptic Arbor Castle was called "Castle of the Cryptic Trees" in Sara's description box. (This was an old name for the castle that was shortened due to not fitting in the map list in-game.) It's fixed now.