Started by Tommy, November 26, 2016, 09:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeprado30

So near at last!  :woot!:

This just will deserve a celebration  :beer:

dejan07

Freestate

Quote from: Tom on September 29, 2017, 02:27:46 AM
From what I understand, the PC version of SNES9x is separate from the version on your 3DS, so it probably will require direct modification. I hope you'll be able to play it one day!

I'm just waiting on readme updates from DougRPG and Cargodin at this point.

Please test it with retroarch cores!

Tom

I can't test it because I don't have it... But hopefully you'll be able to test it yourself this month!

djnforce9

Just wanted to say that I decided on a whim to see if Tengai Makyou Zero as ever translated as I too really wanted to play it back in the day and even after the game would boot, I'd be lost because it's all in Japanese. Glad I did go looking because here it is almost done. Thanks for taking up this project; I didn't realize how involved it was until I started reading through.

I look forward to playing this and I'll give "Oriental Blue - Ao no Tengai" a try as well since it was recommended near the start of this thread.

Melchior

OOH BTW did the devs working on this translation manage to fix this
games RTC (Real Time Clock) feature???
because!! its date ranges are absurdly old... and top off a like 2004 and the second date range I have no idea why  but it goes from 1900 to 1999 or something...  :banghead:

FIX? please!... lol ;)

djnforce9

Yes, I read way earlier in the thread that it was fixed. It's no longer limited to the year 2014 (1999 on one of the other screens) or earlier and seeing as the events in game only use the month, day, and time, it had no impact on gameplay.

Melchior

Quote from: djnforce9 on October 06, 2017, 12:13:22 PM
Yes, I read way earlier in the thread that it was fixed. It's no longer limited to the year 2014 (1999 on one of the other screens) or earlier and seeing as the events in game only use the month, day, and time, it had no impact on gameplay.

ok thx for the info!

KingMike

Quote from: djnforce9 on October 06, 2017, 12:13:22 PM
I think Tom did say there was one very secret event that would only happen in 1996. But that was it?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Tom

The 1996-only event has been moved to 2018.

patuli

so... anyone playing the game in 2019 or 2020, will not be able to see that event?

djnforce9

Could the secret event be re-programmed to be dynamic such as a month or two after the date selected during initialization so that everyone has a chance to experience it and the rom won't need to be changed after 2018?

Melchior

Quote from: Tom on October 06, 2017, 03:16:38 PM
The 1996-only event has been moved to 2018.
Wahoo!

Quote from: patuli on October 06, 2017, 03:50:08 PM
so... anyone playing the game in 2019 or 2020, will not be able to see that event?
Boo! lol :P ;)

Quote from: djnforce9 on October 06, 2017, 04:01:42 PM
Could the secret event be re-programmed to be dynamic such as a month or two after the date selected during initialization so that everyone has a chance to experience it and the rom won't need to be changed after 2018?
BETTER idea!!

Tom

Quote from: patuli on October 06, 2017, 03:50:08 PM

They still can, but only if they lie about the date when they set the clock with the goal of triggering that particular event. (It's the same way with the Japanese version.)

Quote from: djnforce9 on October 06, 2017, 04:01:42 PM

No, it's more complicated than that... The "event" takes place at very specific (and very short) spans of times in a few locations. Doing so would not be an accurate recreation of the game, which is the goal for this project.

Most people will not trigger it. Most Japanese people missed it, too. But even if you trigger it, you're not likely to be all that impressed. The significance will go straight over the heads of 99% of the people playing it in English. Don't get your hopes about it. If you miss it, you've essentially missed nothing.

magictrufflez

Quote from: Tom on October 07, 2017, 03:59:56 AM
But even if you trigger it, you're not likely to be all that impressed. The significance will go straight over the heads of 99% of the people playing it in English. Don't get your hopes about it. If you miss it, you've essentially missed nothing.

Considering the incredibly obscure (at least obscure to me--I do have a passing knowledge of the subject though) Japanese folklore reference required to trigger the secret boss, I do not doubt this for a second.

Freestate

Final rom still not working with retroarch bsnes cores.

cospefogo

Eager to test it in the SNES.EMU on OUYA's!
"Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard.
If they're a benefit, it's not my problem."

mz

Quote from: cospefogo on October 07, 2017, 01:47:59 PM
Eager to test it in the NES.EMU on OUYA's!
Don't waste your time, it won't work: Tengai Makyou Zero is a Super Famicom game.

(Also, you'll need to wait for someone to create/modify an SFC/SNES emulator able to play it on Android.)
There has to be a better life.

cospefogo

Quote from: mz on October 07, 2017, 02:36:57 PM
Don't waste your time, it won't work: Tengai Makyou Zero is a Super Famicom game.

(Also, you'll need to wait for someone to create/modify an SFC/SNES emulator able to play it on Android.)

First: typo! I did mean SNES.EMU on OUYA.
Second: I just believe it by seeing it. I want to try by myself...
At least the original japanese ROM seems to work.
"Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard.
If they're a benefit, it's not my problem."

Melchior

lol  ;D ;D :o 8) :P :thumbsup: so I will always play a ROM via ZSNES FOREVER lol ;)
I also have SNES9x, Higan, and BizHawk for testing ONLY.. lol ;) :P